Recession car deals - Page 82 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 82 of 105 FirstFirst ... 72 81 82 83 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2092

Thread: Recession car deals

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s currently the cheapest in the country... and not even for condition and kms... cheapest. Period. All I get now is offers less than what I have gotten from dealers.

I’m not very worried about it though, I ignore probably 90% of inquiries, if it’s not “when can I view the car” I’m probably not responding. 100% not if it’s anything to do with a sight unseen offer... unless it’s full ask at this point.

With what I’ve put into it, and the depreciation over the last 3 years at current ask I’m at about $1.20/km... so will probably just keep it till I half that. I’m not going to subsidize the next person’s ownership. Might as well enjoy it till I get my money’s worth... or can sell it for at least the equivalent of an E46 M3 value
    Man I wish my car was only $1.20/km in depreciation right now

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    The V8 M3s are very reliable. For the $21k asking price you could do the rod bearings; motor mounts while you're at it, and have a high reving V8 that will last up to at least 200k.
    I think the issue is that it’s a sedan - people who are looking for the V8 want a coupe as it’s a second car. 4 years ago it was new enough to still be a practical DD in people’s minds. Now it’s a high risk (perceived) sedan and people who buy sedans want something newer (warranty). All too bad because it’s an incredible car. My e90 sedan was my favorite car

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Not that I think there is anything wrong with an E90 M3.

In Calgary what is holding you back is lack of awd. Why buy a practice daily driver that is useless 8 months a year. Coupe? Sure why not it’s just a toy same as a 2 seater.

That and most people who buy high end German cars can’t afford them, and need cheap financing.

I’d personally keep it forever if it’s only work 20k.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Personally I preferred the sedans over the coupes, despite them being slower. I was potentially looking at ercchy’s car last year when my car was becoming a basket case and now I really regret plowing all the money into my car and not buying a E90.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    Personally I preferred the sedans over the coupes, despite them being slower.
    Slower?

I owned both a coupe and sedan of the E9x M3s and I much prefered the Sedan, just due to practicality and no stupid frame-less front windows that froze in any type of winter weather.

So with this so called recession, why are R35 GT-R prices still holding their value, is there still a big demand for these cars?
    Last edited by jutes; 12-22-2019 at 10:36 AM.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Slower?

I owned both a coupe and sedan of the E9x M3s and I much prefered the Sedan, just due to practicality and no stupid frame-less front windows that froze in any type of winter weather.

So with this so called recession, why are R35 GT-R prices still holding their value, is there still a big demand for these cars?
    Sedans have definitely proven to be less competitive at auto x nationally. ZCP coupes are generally the only competitive E9X auto x cars I’ve seen.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

When I was selling my 2011 STI, a huge factor for people was financing. Due to the age of the vehicle, lenders considered it a high risk loan and the terms were, high interest, short term, large payments which people who needed to borrow could not afford. I had the vehicle sold multiple times but due to financing issues the sale fell through over and over again. It was absolutely painful. I eventually sold it for what I was asking, since a young guy was financed by his grandparents. Similar price range, just under $25k.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    When I was selling my 2011 STI, a huge factor for people was financing. Due to the age of the vehicle, lenders considered it a high risk loan and the terms were, high interest, short term, large payments which people who needed to borrow could not afford. I had the vehicle sold multiple times but due to financing issues the sale fell through over and over again. It was absolutely painful. I eventually sold it for what I was asking, since a young guy was financed by his grandparents. Similar price range, just under $25k.
    Ive definitely noticed this in most vehicles $15k and up, not a lot of people can afford to buy with cash it seems.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I even have “I can’t arrange financing” in the ad

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    You sell a used Rav4, and while it's got a lot of competition, it's got a huge marketplace. .An E550 Coupe has a tiny marketplace, and people looking for a luxury personal vehicle will cross shop themselves into other marketplaces, like luxury sedans and wagons, but someone looking for a luxury sedan won't look at a coupe.

Or that's my theory. .One way or another it'll sell eventually if the price is right.

We finally sold my dads 08' S450 for $14k this week. A really nice guy who was looking for that specific vehicle. I had a fair bit of interest but realisitcally for a niche vehicle, the buyers are quite far and in between. There is a definite stigma over buying an out of warrenty MB as well which works against you (although... I think it is generally overblown, I drove that car for a week and could not believewhat a spectacular driver it was).

You have two options in my eyes.

1. List it and really put some detail into the background of how well the car has been cared for and why it is special, "sell" the car. You will likely still end up waiting a while.

2. Be willing to sell it below market value for a more "value" oriented buyer.

Either way, it will end up being a pain. I have to say though, I drove a E550 coupe about 4 years ago before getting the Acura and I regret not purchasing it... what a fabulous car. The nice thing about E coupes (historically) is that they will always maintain a certain baseline value (unlike the sedans). Keeping it really doesn't cost you very much in depreciation. Especially that body style which is considered to be quite good looking.
    Last edited by Neil4Speed; 12-23-2019 at 10:23 AM.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

It’s currently the cheapest in the country... and not even for condition and kms... cheapest. Period. All I get now is offers less than what I have gotten from dealers.

I’m not very worried about it though, I ignore probably 90% of inquiries, if it’s not “when can I view the car” I’m probably not responding. 100% not if it’s anything to do with a sight unseen offer... unless it’s full ask at this point.

With what I’ve put into it, and the depreciation over the last 3 years at current ask I’m at about $1.20/km... so will probably just keep it till I half that. I’m not going to subsidize the next person’s ownership. Might as well enjoy it till I get my money’s worth... or can sell it for at least the equivalent of an E46 M3 value
    Curious about how dealers are dealing with second hand buy in. How far are the dealers offer from market price? I assume it is still easier to sell at a dealer with financing and dealership "warranty" .
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    I have to say though, I drove a E550 coupe about 4 years ago before getting the Acura and I regret not purchasing it... what a fabulous car. The nice thing about E coupes (historically) is that they will always maintain a certain baseline value (unlike the sedans). Keeping it really doesn't cost you very much in depreciation. Especially that body style which is conisdered to be quite good looking.
    I loved the E550 coupe, but never went for it because of RWD. I’m so happy with my E53 coupe which fixed that with a great AWD system. Might even keep it long term.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Nissan x2

I even have “I can’t arrange financing” in the ad
    Do you work at VEX? You could probably have the rod bearings done there and re-list the car for higher. I'm kinda keeping an eye on the M3 sedan market is having rod bearings done would be a bonus for sure.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Do you work at VEX? You could probably have the rod bearings done there and re-list the car for higher. I'm kinda keeping an eye on the M3 sedan market is having rod bearings done would be a bonus for sure.
    I do not... but nothing stopping the future owner from doing it with the savings on this car already

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

So, wondering if this thread will see more activity in the coming months.

I’m hoping to see some cheap truck deals this spring.

I have $10k CASH, who wants to move on from the burden of their 911?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by beyond_ban View Post
    I have $10k CASH, who wants to move on from the burden of their 911?
    I’ll sell you a V6 mustang for that much. Heck, I’ll be generous. I’ll give it to you for 9, beyond only deal.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I’ll sell you a V6 mustang for that much. Heck, I’ll be generous. I’ll give it to you for 9, beyond only deal.
    But bro, i have CASH so how about i give you $4k and call it a deal?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I’ll sell you a V6 mustang for that much.
    Trade for 01 celica?

Page 82 of 105 FirstFirst ... 72 81 82 83 92 ... LastLast