Quantcast
NDP to table budget one week after overlord mulcair is done campaigning - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: NDP to table budget one week after overlord mulcair is done campaigning

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by phreezee

In the case of Harper... he is always Darth Vader.
    You mean the hero with good intentions that fell for darker temptations that redeems himself in the end?

If so Vote Harper

Now Mulcair, that's straight up Sidious imperialist shit

Guy who puts on a pretty face to gain peoples trust, then enslaves them in the name of peace and security. Once his true colors are shown is to late.

Palpatine: These have been trying times, but we have passed the test. The war is over. We stand on the threshold of a new beginning. In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the Republic will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire, for a safe and secure society which I assure you, will last for ten thousand years. [the Senators cheer] An empire that will continue to be ruled by this august body, and a sovereign ruler chosen for life... [the Senators cheer again] An empire ruled by the majority... Ruled by a new constitution...
    Padmé: So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause.

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Originally posted by schocker

I don't get how so many people didn't see that. We are going to take even more money from you so that we can keep spending money for you. We won't have a plan for this money and will not know where it is coming from but we will be your babysitter
    Agreed.

Separate and take that new money and properly invest into alternative energy sources.

Then just sit back, rain in the money, and prepare for the invasion.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by rage2

NDP is fucking the path to recovery, that's the true issue that's being debated. Don't confuse that for them fucking the economy.
    Are they fucking the path to recovery, or just delaying it? The larger companies have acquisitions and mergers in their sights now. That means significantly less money spent on projects, regardless of the NDP's mystery budget.

Originally posted by revelations
    40 years of continuous fail.
    40 years of fail?

Over the last 40 years, Alberta has had things pretty damn good don't you think?

I'd love to hear what utopia you envision for our province had we been under Liberal or NDP government that entire time?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Type_S1

which is needed across every sector and every department despite what HiTempguy1 says.
    Please show where exactly there is any evidence to back this claim up?

However, in a way I do agree; there is always fat to trim. I'm not saying there shouldn't be layoffs, I'm just saying the gov shouldn't go "we need to trim 10% of front line staff across the board and we needed it done yesterday". Which is usually how they do layoffs. Which is dumb. We aren't a company, there aren't shareholders to please with short-sighted knee jerk reactions.

A more nuanced approach, I could totally get behind.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by Inzane

40 years of fail?

Over the last 40 years, Alberta has had things pretty damn good don't you think?

I'd love to hear what utopia you envision for our province had we been under Liberal or NDP government that entire time?
    Yes, weve had it very good, and also very bad. One major role of Govt. is to act as a stimulator in during bad economic times (promote small business), and act as a check during times of a super/over active economy.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    A more nuanced approach, I could totally get behind.
    Except, your idea (just like everyone's) idea of "nuanced" is subjective.

I'm a die hard narcissist. I believe that those who can't contribute to society should be eliminated.

To pander the weak, is against millions of years of evolution and logic.

If you disagree, then again, YOU pay for it, not the rest.

My Ride

What does Narcissism (the excessive love of self) have to do with Darwinism

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

PC's weren't being very conservative over the years, but I don't think they had a choice to curb spending during the good years, it's just not good politics.
    This is textbook petro-state, man. When times are good and there is mad royalty skrilla comin' in, the puplic expects the streets to be paved with gold and social programs out the wazoo, conservative governing party or not. The public then become used to this standard of living and treat it as the norm regardless of whatever economic cycles drive this ability to spend. When eventual swings in the economy do take place, the governing party cannot curb their spending and cut those benefits as it amounts to political suicide as you've observed. And lo, the cycle continues and builds on itself with each swing.
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
    This is textbook petro-state, man. When times are good and there is mad royalty skrilla comin' in, the puplic expects the streets to be paved with gold and social programs out the wazoo, conservative governing party or not. The public then become used to this standard of living and treat it as the norm regardless of whatever economic cycles drive this ability to spend. When eventual swings in the economy do take place, the governing party cannot curb their spending and cut those benefits as it amounts to political suicide as you've observed. And lo, the cycle continues and builds on itself with each swing.
    Yea, and we just never learn. I love how when PC made this exact point and called out that it's our own fault, we just booted them out. I guess the voting public can't handle the truth.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Grimace

Yea, and we just never learn. I love how when PC made this exact point and called out that it's our own fault, we just booted them out. I guess the voting public can't handle the truth.
    I always found it pretty funny with how mad people were. Look in the mirror was the truth. Yes, PC obviously could have improved things, but people start expecting certain things and suddenly you need to find new money to pay for all of it, especially now that the NDP is in and wants to put even more into public services with much less revenue.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 01-01-2017 at 01:46 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Yea, and we just never learn. I love how when PC made this exact point and called out that it's our own fault
    We elect them to govern, not to follow our every whim.

Beyond that, please show how Albertan's are overwhelmingly entitled? What awesome programs do we have that trump other modern democratic societies?

People were pissed at the PCs that they couldn't sustain-ably build on our amazing growth while also preparing for a downturn, its not like we wouldn't have voted for them. They were also pissed when they said "we'll make you pay your fair share, but not corporations or the upper class". THAT pissed a lot of people off

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

We elect them to govern, not to follow our every whim.

Beyond that, please show how Albertan's are overwhelmingly entitled? What awesome programs do we have that trump other modern democratic societies?

Uh Quebec?

Good luck HT.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 01-01-2017 at 01:46 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Ending coal and going solar and wind is similar to Ontario's Green Energy Act which has raised heating costs in Ontario 40% since it was enacted in 2009 and cost the province almost $12 Billion. Notley is hanging out with Wynne for pointers on how to become a have not province.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/10/0...-liberal-myths

My Ride
    01 i30

Originally posted by phreezee
    Ending coal and going solar and wind is similar to Ontario's Green Energy Act which has raised heating costs in Ontario 40% since it was enacted in 2009 and cost the province almost $12 Billion. Notley is hanging out with Wynne for pointers on how to become a have not province.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/10/0...-liberal-myths
    I don't know much about Ontario's initiative, but Quebec and BC have the cleanest and some of the cheapest energy prices in Canada. So it can work.

I think Notley has taken Carney's comments at that Lloyd's banquet to heart.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Aaaaaron
    I don't know much about Ontario's initiative, but Quebec and BC have the cleanest and some of the cheapest energy prices in Canada. So it can work.
    Isn't that beacuse of hydro though which we do not really have.

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by Aaaaaron

Please explain how it can work in Alberta.......do you have any idea how much large-scale hydro costs here?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

A few modern nuclear plants in Wood Buffalo area would probably be a good answer in AB .....

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast