Quantcast
GMC Truck Thread - Page 19 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast

Thread: GMC Truck Thread

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Since the only thing I use the truck for is towing, and I always have four people plus gear, a 3/4 ton is just a more forgiving platform. My trailer is fully half ton towable at 7500lbs loaded, but I'm always up against the payload limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Since the only thing I use the truck for is towing, and I always have four people plus gear, a 3/4 ton is just a more forgiving platform. My trailer is fully half ton towable at 7500lbs loaded, but I'm always up against the payload limit.
    Ahh

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

And even when it's running great, that Ford 5.4L engine wasn't winning any races. Although the red paint was so pretty.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Audi

Last week my '14 Sierra was hit by a distracted driver and is being written off. I wish I could wait for the '19.... but i'm not ready to write off my usual family summer (camping + cycling). Soooo I'm going to be picking up an '18 Sierra - another SLE with max trailer package the kodiak package.

I'm not really caring for a lot of things in the SLT except the leather... so I'm considering the katzkin leather. Looking to see if anyone here has any long term exp with it (saw it at the dealership and it looked like fairly good when i t was new).

Also since I'm specing one out with the max trailering package, I've got an extra set of mirrors as well as a moriomoto HID kit which i'll post in the marketplace.

My Ride
    changes every year

I dont know much about these trucks, but I am looking at vehicles and the one thing I can tell you about the leather in the Sierra, is that the seats are super hard and IMO pretty uncomfortable.

The cloth seats in the Elevation edition I drove were awesome. Look at cloth seats instead, or at least drive them back to back.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by hampstor View Post
    Last week my '14 Sierra was hit by a distracted driver and is being written off. I wish I could wait for the '19.... but i'm not ready to write off my usual family summer (camping + cycling). Soooo I'm going to be picking up an '18 Sierra - another SLE with max trailer package the kodiak package.

I'm not really caring for a lot of things in the SLT except the leather... so I'm considering the katzkin leather. Looking to see if anyone here has any long term exp with it (saw it at the dealership and it looked like fairly good when i t was new).

Also since I'm specing one out with the max trailering package, I've got an extra set of mirrors as well as a moriomoto HID kit which i'll post in the marketplace.
    Kodiak gives half faux leather on the SLE does it not? At least in addition to the all terrain package.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    I dont know much about these trucks, but I am looking at vehicles and the one thing I can tell you about the leather in the Sierra, is that the seats are super hard and IMO pretty uncomfortable.

The cloth seats in the Elevation edition I drove were awesome. Look at cloth seats instead, or at least drive them back to back.
    I've got two 2017s, one with cloth and one with leather in my driveway and I don't notice a difference in comfort between the two.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Audi

I'm only wanting the leather because my kids did a number on the cloth seats - which is why i'm looking at the katzkin leather (premium option) and not the OE leather. I don't want to pay for all the options in the SLT when I only wanted the leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Kodiak gives half faux leather on the SLE does it not? At least in addition to the all terrain package.

Not sure about the A/T package but the Kodiak appears to be similar to what was the 'premium' package on the 2014 SLE and no leather:

Driver 10-way power seat adjuster when ordered with 40/20/40 split bench seat
    Manual tilt and telescoping steering column
    Remote vehicle starter system
    LED front fog lamps
    Universal Home Remote
    Rear-window defogger
    110-volt AC power outlet
    Dual-zone climate control
    Trailering equipment

I have a 17 SLE I had Katzkin put in when I bought it. It has only been since November but the leather is fine. I had them put in perforated SLT leather instead of solid. Usually the perforated is for cooled seats but i figured even though I don't have cooled seats it would breathe a bit better.

The only drawback to aftermarket leather is the heat switches. They put them in the seat and the truck doesn't control them so if you start it on the starter you have to remember to leave it on the night before. Another drawback is if your wife doesn't remember to turn it off, its running all the time on the passenger side but you don't know because you can't see the switch.

Is it enough of a pain to pay the extra? I don't know. I didn't price the SLT when I bought and I changed my mind and had them do the leather last minute. I paid 2200 extra for it, they said they gave me 20% off, but it was a car salesman...
    Originally posted by InRich
    I think it should be a MINIMUM payment of 20% across the board for any kinda house. Who can't save 20% nowadays, just stop eating out, drive a japanese shit box, and save, its not hard.. have some fucking discipline. Half you niggers shouldn't even be in the houses you live in now.

we can't all drive X5Ms

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

Why don't you just rent a uhaul pickup or something?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by tcon View Post
    As far as I know, you aren't supposed to tow a trailer with rental trucks. I looked into this previously.

My Ride
    Audi

Quote Originally Posted by 71/454 View Post
    I have a 17 SLE I had Katzkin put in when I bought it. It has only been since November but the leather is fine. I had them put in perforated SLT leather instead of solid. Usually the perforated is for cooled seats but i figured even though I don't have cooled seats it would breathe a bit better.

The only drawback to aftermarket leather is the heat switches. They put them in the seat and the truck doesn't control them so if you start it on the starter you have to remember to leave it on the night before. Another drawback is if your wife doesn't remember to turn it off, its running all the time on the passenger side but you don't know because you can't see the switch.

Is it enough of a pain to pay the extra? I don't know. I didn't price the SLT when I bought and I changed my mind and had them do the leather last minute. I paid 2200 extra for it, they said they gave me 20% off, but it was a car salesman...
    It ended up being ~5-6G more for the SLT. The dealer told me between 2.2K-2.5K for them to do the katzkin leather, though they outsource it to local companies. I've asked for some quotes locally so i'll update based on what I find out.

Thanks for relating your exp with them though. I'm also considering perforated, however I may opt for just solid because my kids are still young and spill shit all the time (I couldn't imagine how bad it would be if chocolate milk got into the seats through the perforated leather). I'm going to make sure I remind my wife that to turn off the seats though

Quote Originally Posted by tcon View Post
    The rental company had a hard time finding me a 1/2 ton crew cab truck that'd allow me to tow. I know they have them so if I wanted go that route, i'd need to reserve a few weeks in advance. In the end since I wasn't needing to tow my camper until the end of June, I opted for just the crew cab (which still took a few days to get).

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Someone can correct me here but I think if the truck comes with heated seats (cloth), and you add leather, you don't have to worry about the heat switch issue 71/454 is dealing with. It's when you are adding leather and heat, then you get the aftermarket version with no integration. I bought an SLE AT for the same reasons you have stated. Not worth upgrading for leather, since I don't use roof, nav etc.

My Ride
    Audi

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBum5.0 View Post
    Someone can correct me here but I think if the truck comes with heated seats (cloth), and you add leather, you don't have to worry about the heat switch issue 71/454 is dealing with. It's when you are adding leather and heat, then you get the aftermarket version with no integration. I bought an SLE AT for the same reasons you have stated. Not worth upgrading for leather, since I don't use roof, nav etc.
    Good point, its an option you can add to the SLE. The truck on the lot I looked at on the weekend is missing the heated seats but has everything else I wanted. I did get quotes around the city for katzkin - varies between $1,850 -> $2500 depending on the installer. Heated seats are another 400-600 (again, depending on the installer).

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Good point, its an option you can add to the SLE. The truck on the lot I looked at on the weekend is missing the heated seats but has everything else I wanted. I did get quotes around the city for katzkin - varies between $1,850 -> $2500 depending on the installer. Heated seats are another 400-600 (again, depending on the installer).
    Why don't you get the SLT? If someone totals your car again, you will get a better pay out as I am sure the SLT is more desirable than an SLE used. You are spending more than half the difference.

My Ride
    Audi

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Why don't you get the SLT? If someone totals your car again, you will get a better pay out as I am sure the SLT is more desirable than an SLE used. You are spending more than half the difference.
    I'm not part of the baller club and I don't have 5-6K on top of the 10K I had to spend to buy this truck

After getting the prices I'm considering not getting katzkin right now because of the price and then dealing with the leather if my kids trash these seats. Hopefully because they're a bit older now than they were when i had my '14 ... it never comes to it.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I'm not part of the baller club and I don't have 5-6K on top of the 10K I had to spend to buy this truck

After getting the prices I'm considering not getting katzkin right now because of the price and then dealing with the leather if my kids trash these seats. Hopefully because they're a bit older now than they were when i had my '14 ... it never comes to it.
    I'd work with the dealers to get the price down. With 2019s being imminent (like the housing crash), I am sure they are wanting to unload the 2018s right quick.

My Ride
    Audi

Going to pickup the slate '18 Sierra SLE with max tow and kodiak edition, black out GMC emblems, mudflaps, soft rollup tonneau cover, and black step bars (6"). Not going to do the katzkin leather. I'll wait for my kids to destroy the seats and then i'll replace. Got our corporate discount (invoice + fee), less all the rebates, so not a lot of negotiation required on the truck other than just the accessories.

Also going to swap the factory 18" wheels out for the 20" RTX Glaciers + Goodyear duratracs from @tirebob :

Will post pics once I have the wheels on next week (because it looks fucking goofy with the OEM 18" wheels).

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Sounds great. Can't wait for pics.

My Ride
    Audi

Name:  IMG_20180611_192454.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  109.7 KB

Slightly dirty but here's the new ride. Thanks to @tirebob for the wheels !

The first time I saw the slate colour I wasn't a really big fan but it really did grow on me after seeing it in the dark v. the light.

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast