Quantcast
People not covering their fucking mouths (public places) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: People not covering their fucking mouths (public places)

My Ride
    Lease

Default People not covering their fucking mouths (public places)

Making my contribution to the old man bitching crew. Anyone notice, feels to me a lot more inconsiderate losers cough, sneeze, hack in PUBLIC PLACES (grocery stores, airport, doctors office) without even attempting to cover their fucking mouths?

And that's with many race, ages as well. (I do notice more with older 45+ doing it)

If you're one of those, please stop it. It's disgusting.

...and don't sneeze or cough into your hands. You'll just spread that shit everywhere you go. It's much safer to sneeze or cough into your elbow.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by Seth1968
    ...and don't sneeze or cough into your hands. You'll just spread that shit everywhere you go. It's much safer to sneeze or cough into your elbow.

Yup thanks for the add. And one of the reasons mom always told me to wash fruits and veggies from the store. Used to remember other kids eating apples from the skin without washing. (Them saying never been washed it's clean enough with a quick shirt wipe)

I actually know a couple who put their weekly purchase in the sink with water and vinegar and scrub everything down before putting into fridge, for this very same reason.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I give my fruits and veggies a quick rinse, nothing more.

But I am also a big practitioner of not wiping down everything with lysol and such. We all have immune systems for a reason, and by not exposing ourselves to different viruses and such, we are actually weakening ourselves.

now mind you, yes, cough into your sleeve or elbow, no need to spread things recklessly.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

The worst is children that run around and cough everywhere. But I don't blame them but their stupid parents!!

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 01-01-2017 at 01:14 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

It isn't just coughing its everything.

I see people clipping nails in public, coughing openly with no coverage in public.. hell I saw some guy blow his nose into a newspaper on the train one day.

Its just getting gross out there and people seem to simply not give a fuck.

A few weeks ago I was on public transit (tried it, parking DT is still worth it) and a guy coughed on the back of my head and I felt it...I was upset but thought maybe it was an accident so gave a dirty Wtf look and went on reading the news. 5 minutes later he does it again. I turned around a coughed as violently as possible into his face and said "oh sorry, I am a huge asshole and forgot to cover my mouth". Needless to say I don't think he will be coughing on people anymore.

My Ride

Last edited by codetrap; 01-01-2017 at 01:13 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    NC1

If you are sick wear a sars mask. Also picking your nose is a bad one too.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    K20A2

Originally posted by Type_S1
    A few weeks ago I was on public transit (tried it, parking DT is still worth it) and a guy coughed on the back of my head and I felt it...I was upset but thought maybe it was an accident so gave a dirty Wtf look and went on reading the news. 5 minutes later he does it again. I turned around a coughed as violently as possible into his face and said "oh sorry, I am a huge asshole and forgot to cover my mouth". Needless to say I don't think he will be coughing on people anymore.
    Built with Chopsticks

Originally posted by codetrap
    As a parent of a child that does exactly his. Why don't you try to explain to a 2 year old that's coughing that he or she should cough into their elbow. I've been working on this with my daughter for weeks now. She's getting better, but shes two. Right now she's about as smart as an intelligent dog ffs. I guess that makes me a stupid parent? Ignorant comments like this make me want to hold her up to cough right in your face.

Thomas, I tend to agree with you on this one. We actually bought masks and wore them around this christmas for when we had family come over. Except for the toddler. We just kept washing her hands every half hour. She enjoyed all the splashing lol.
    So I should blame the parents of the parents because they didn't teach manners? Damn baby boomers

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Nice
    Ultracrepidarian

I find that 99% of people don't realize you need to cough into the crook of their elbow or similar for decent suppression of germs. Even the 'polite' people just hack into their hands and then go about their business touching everything. Nothing you can do about it really, I just try remember to wash my hands regularly and avoid Transit as much as possible. Along with my flu shot I get sick once every two years or so for a few days.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Last edited by R!zz0; 12-29-2015 at 04:19 PM.
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

My Ride

Last edited by codetrap; 01-01-2017 at 01:13 PM.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

I see this everyday in the hospital and it makes me sick (no pun intended) Some of them don't even use alcohol to clean their hands after they sneeze and shake other people's hands
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

My Ride
    NC1

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. All good.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by R!zz0
    I see this everyday in the hospital and it makes me sick (no pun intended) Some of them don't even use alcohol to clean their hands after they sneeze and shake other people's hands
    How did our world get by in the past with no antiseptic wipes, sprays, foams, soaps, what have you?

Personally, I use very little of these and have maybe had the flu once in the past 5 years and maybe 7 or 8 colds in that same time frame. I think what you put into your body, how well you take care of your body and your stress levels are maybe more important factors in how often you are unwell. Less processed food, no smoking, limited or no alcohol, moderate exercise of some type, good sleep habits and lowered stress levels all will contribute to a healthier you as opposed to antiseptic everything and masks.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by speedog

How did our world get by in the past with no antiseptic wipes, sprays, foams, soaps, what have you?

Personally, I use very little of these and have maybe had the flu once in the past 5 years and maybe 7 or 8 colds in that same time frame. I think what you put into your body, how well you take care of your body and your stress levels are maybe more important factors in how often you are unwell. Less processed food, no smoking, limited or no alcohol, moderate exercise of some type, good sleep habits and lowered stress levels all will contribute to a healthier you as opposed to antiseptic everything and masks.
    I'm with speedog on this one.

Obviously, basics like covering your damn mouth need to be followed, but this fear of any human contact is hilarious.

No, I don't need to wipe my shopping cart handle off with a wipe before I use it, I'll wash my hands before I eat and be fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast