Quantcast
What is your next car? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your next car?

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Hey, You could buy an S2000, then sell the engine to Redlyne_mr2 for his Corolla GTS!
    haha awesome
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by Jlude
    I've been flipping between a few different cars, but have narrowed it down to vehicles with dealerships in Winnipeg. So that leaves me with R8, 911 Turbo, AMG GT, SLS AMG ( ), new NSX (not likely to happen before summer).

Walked into the MB dealer here and was looking at the AMG GT pretty hard for a while, getting familiar with the angles, etc. but I must have looked too poor to buy one because the group of salesman 30 ft away didn't both with me.

The SLS AMG is my top choice, but prices are going up (FFS) and options are limited.
    SLS are so cramped inside. Raced one in Vegas and it was a terrible seating position. If you're 5'10" or shorter should be ok.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Cayman

I have always wanted to buy a 90s car that I aspired to buy when I was younger so I keep searching for a good LHD 90s MR2 or an NSX provided that I still have a job come break up

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I fit the SLS fine. Be careful though, the SLS has been known to go through trannys every 25-30k miles, with a $30k repair bill each time.

The GT-S uses the same transmission but at least it's under warranty. It's the same old Getrag that's problematic on the 458, California, McLarens, etc.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    party car

at some point, an Evo IX wagon.. but that's at least 5 years out yet.
    I like things with wheels.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by rage2
    I fit the SLS fine. Be careful though, the SLS has been known to go through trannys every 25-30k miles, with a $30k repair bill each time.

The GT-S uses the same transmission but at least it's under warranty. It's the same old Getrag that's problematic on the 458, California, McLarens, etc.
    Must have been because of my helmet maybe. I'm fairly broad so it wasn't great for me. The 458 fit me like a glove
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Next car? Well, it will be a work vehicle and I'm leaning towards a van, full size probably - if the right 80-90's boogie van or a 60's van came along, I'd seriously consider that as well.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Mibz
    Yup. As fucked up as it is, cars have nearly always been impulse buys for me. If I pick a car that I know I want, I will never buy it. I think it's because the more research I do, the higher my bar becomes. Has to be the right year, right colour with the right options at the right price.

I suppose if I were buying new then it'd be less of an issue, but I can't afford any of the new cars that I want, haha.
    That's kind of funny, exact opposite for me, I can honestly say only one car I've ever bought has been a true impulse buy (and I've owned close to 50 cars), like "huh, noticed this on kijiji", call the guy, its still for sale, test drive it, go get the cash and done.

That was this Corolla last year:

I was drooling over a used C63 amg for 2016 or a new Focus RS... but I might be buying some land to build an acreage on. Dunno if that has me or , but I have to have my priorities straight, and the acreage should allow me to better manage my racing (said no one ever)

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Probably a used bmw 3 series, maybe an M3. Love my fiesta but want something a bit nicer / more luxurious next time around

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

Tesla, preferably P90D
    Professionally Retired

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Base model F150.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by Darkane

SLS are so cramped inside. Raced one in Vegas and it was a terrible seating position. If you're 5'10" or shorter should be ok.
    I'm only 5' 11", should be ok.

Originally posted by rage2

I didn't know that. I was actually going to message you if I was getting serious about either MB car. What about a black series like the one you had? I see a couple are for sale in Canada (yours included).

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by Darkane
    Going to get rid of the GTR this year and have a few on the radar including GT350, new Camaro. Really like the boxster spyder too since the GT4 is out of reach.

But if the economy is still bleak S2000 with built k24 is what I'm shooting for.
    You clearly have too much money! 135 and a GTR AND a civic baaaaalllleerrr lol

My Ride
    Silverado

I was thinking about a Chevy ss but the dollar is so fucked it may not happen

Soo maybe a 5 year old Lexus LS

My Ride
    something green

Viper ACR or Hellcat Jeep.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Going to put the c63 for sale in a few months here. Gonna miss the hell out of that thing. As far as what I was going to get I am considering a new 10th Gen civic si as a daily only if it has a 2.0t engine. Focus rs and sti are on my radar if the sti was to get the newly developed 2.0t engine... but I don't feel comfortable spending 50k on a focus, they are pretty ugly IMO. I will probably just drive my 8th gen civic for a while and wait to find a car worthy.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Another S2000, NA/NB Miata or ITR most likely. I've just realized new cars aren't for me.

Or if I really strike it rich an NSX.

I think my next car will be a sports car..depending on how things go in O&G. My first choice would be a C7 Z06, but the new camaros are really nice as well, not to mention cheaper.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

So many on the want list, but so many that would go to waste on Calgarys roads/climate

Probably end up with some beater if I manage to get a job in the city, would try to make that at least a little bit interesting

When it comes to cars I wish I could be back in the UK, just for the cheapness and availability of decent spec'd cars, and good roads to drive them on

My Ride
    V8s

C63/ISF/M3/CTS-V

Or if I hold out for a couple years, and it's actually a good driver, the Infiniti Q70 with the 400hp turbo.

And probably in the next year or two a CR-V or Rav4 for the wife.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast