Quantcast
Accident question - other guy has expired insurance - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Accident question - other guy has expired insurance

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by suntan
    CSB: My friend's name is one letter different than a known criminal. One day he was driving around when he was stopped by around 6 cop cars. Turns out of one of them was tailing him for a while, he even matched the guy's general description so they were certain it was him. That was a barrel full of laughs.
    I have a similar story, but back in like 1998 or so, there was a guy in Calgary that was robbing Safeway stores, and the press dubbed him "the Safeway Bandit". I still remember the Calgary Sun putting a sketch of the guy on their front page, and thinking he looked familiar.

A day or so later, I was dropping off a friend downtown in Eau Clair market area. Police officer drove past me. Then another. And another...

I pulled away, made a left and was going to turn right onto 4th when I got surrounded by cops, all with guns drawn and ordering me out of the vehicle...

I can laugh about it now, but at the time I was fucking pissed.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Minimalist
    One in 26 for the first
    one in 25 for the second and
    one in 24 for the third
    which gives you a one in 15,600 chance of getting the correct three letters.

Math is not my thing but, I kind of believe it would be:

One in 26 for the first
    one in 26 for the second and
    one in 26 for the third
    which gives you a one in 17,576 chance of getting the correct three letters as each letter can be repeated. Tell me I am wrong so I can continue to cling to the label "math is not my thing"
    Math may just be your thing; using the first theory, anyhow. The second part is wrong because letters can repeat so odds are still out of the full set.

And 26 is wrong because I'm fairly certain there are letters left out. i.e. Plates don't use O for letters,
    Last edited by jwslam; 05-08-2016 at 09:16 PM.

WTF!?!?!?!?!??! THAT'S HIM!!

He puts his license on facebook? This fucker must have it as a fake id or something.

FUCK!

What the hell can I do now?! This may not even be his real name.

Originally posted by Minimalist
    Pity the fool with the name Clayton Thomas. Interestingly, the licence plate letters are the same (numbers are not), the name Clayton Thomas is the same... what are the odds?:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011612684195

Had to look up the licence plate odds from the internet, combined with the same name Clayton Thomas is another math problem not covered here:

One in 26 for the first
    one in 25 for the second and
    one in 24 for the third
    which gives you a one in 15,600 chance of getting the correct three letters.

Math is not my thing but, I kind of believe it would be:

One in 26 for the first
    one in 26 for the second and
    one in 26 for the third
    which gives you a one in 17,576 chance of getting the correct three letters as each letter can be repeated. Tell me I am wrong so I can continue to cling to the label "math is not my thing"

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

It looks like he has someone else pissed at him and they posted that to Facebook.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 12:40 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I doubt they'll get a criminal charge for it, but the reason why these stickers are stolen is because the owners can't afford insurance or tickets on the account, and without clearing those hurdles they can't register their cars.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 12:37 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I tried peeling off the stickers once since the stack was getting thick and it wasn't easy to peel one off clean. I wonder if cops pay much attention to the sticker and run your number anyway. They should just get rid of it to save another dime.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by lilmira
    I tried peeling off the stickers once since the stack was getting thick and it wasn't easy to peel one off clean. I wonder if cops pay much attention to the sticker and run your number anyway. They should just get rid of it to save another dime.
    Use a kettle and pour some boiling water on them, they peel right off with 0 residue left after.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3