Quantcast
Searail - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Searail

Default Searail

don't use searail. we use searail because they where cheaper, but our car came weeks later being really late and half the time they said their computer is broken down. also when we received our car, the front car had to be painted and badly chips and damaged spoiler. also someone went thru our car and mess everything up and stole many of our hidden stuffs including change in the ashtrays. Their customer service people on site were aweful and told us if we continued to be fustrated with our concern that we would be kick off their property, also if we submitt a claim to searail, we would have to pay a $500 deductable to Searail insurance for them to fix our car. Its much better to use someone else than searail. we are considering taking Searail to court. this incident happen this March 2004. why do you think you have to pay Searail first? because they have so many problems with peoples vehicles with misuse. Also, when you ship your car with Searail they leave your car unlock with the keys in the your car while its being transported. Trust me, your car isn't safe with unlock doors and keys inside your vehicle when your somewhere else.

you decide if you want to use Searail?? i know i 'll never use them

My Ride
    Bus

I've used searail twice...and both times they didn't fail me... They were on time and there wasn't any damage to my vehicles...so I'm not sure....where were you shipping from and to?

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Yah searail took extra care of my Porsche when I shipped it from TO to Calgary. Im surprised to hear this, sorry you had to be on the other end of the scale dude
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    E36///M3

hmm interesting, i think you just got unlucky
    Introduce your heart to your throat.

My Ride
    91 isuzu impulse RS X2

I just shipped a car from To to Calgary,using a company called Fleet Shuttle there.When the car arrived ,the gas was missing.The bill on my Visa was $300 more than we spoke of.
    I asked why would I pay $300 more than searail.and he continued his denial of the quoted fee.I should have got it in writing other than my notebook,So don't use Fleet Shuttle in TO.

Other than Searail and Fleet Shuttle, who else ships cars within Canada? I'm about to ship my car from Toronto to Calgary and I want to make sure that I'm getting the best possible deal.

My Ride
    Highlander

I got my car shiped from TO to Calgary with Hansen's. Pretty cheap, on time and the car was in fine condition with everything in it that was supposed to be. Do a search on this topic though, there are LOTS of posts on this topic that can be more helpful to you

Contrary to SeaRail's advertising claims, they are not "the careful car movers." I hired SeaRail to ship my car and after I received it, it had sustained approx $4000 in damage. Instead of owning up and repairing it (under insurance no less) SeaRail refused.
    I have since taken them to small claims court, and WON.
    I do not recommending using them as they are unscrupulous liars, you ship with them at your own peril.

My Ride
    RB26DETT SIL40 VERT

I'm moveing to Toronto next year for school and I wnated to bring my car readin thsi there seems to be pros and cons to searail what doy uo guys truly belvie is the best one to use maybe we should set up a poll also how much does it usaly cost to ship your car thanks
    Cheap 16 wheels for sale
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/256625/f-s-16x7-black-modenas-4-100-108-40/

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Seems like the only 'safe' way to get it there is to drive it...
    How hard can it be to operate a legitimate, honest car shipping company?...
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

I just used a company called Car Couriers to get my M Coupe shipped. I am very happy with them. Their website sucks but that's it. http://www.carcouriers.com/

Stay away from Auto Rail. They were the most unprofessional people I've ever spoken to in my life.

I can agree that I had bad experience with Searail.

I shipped my car and had a dent / scratch on the rear quarter panel (looked like it came from one of their chains for holding down the car).

Upon receiving the vehicle, the car was half washed down, mud and dirt coated.

Wasn't too impressed at all.

IIRC there's a fine print saying that they are not liable for any damages whatsoever.

I went with Hansen before and not a single problem.

Searail

My Ride
    RB26DETT SIL40 VERT

maybe they will let me ride in my car to insure it stays safe lol
    Cheap 16 wheels for sale
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/256625/f-s-16x7-black-modenas-4-100-108-40/

Default Searail

Searail have just done $4000 worth of damage to my car .
    I am putting the case through my lawyer .
    NEVER NEVER USE SEARAIL .
    I HAVE BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS FOr ANY ONE TO SEE.

I used Searail and have no complaints. Seems like a lot of people have bad experiences with them, but I like them. Good price, good service.

I used Searail back in Janaury, no major problems, my beater arrived a bit late and was filthy but other than that it was in one piece so I was happy.

I wouldn't use them to ship a nice car though...

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I would recommend to ANYONE shipping any vehicle, take photo's of the vehicle with a recent newspaper BEFORE it's shipped, and then AFTER it's shipped (preferably in the shipping yard where you pick it up, with a shipping employee in the photo.)

This will help you win any damages case against them, and with these kinds of photo's in hand they will probably pay up without even going to court.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

I have just had a lancruiser delivered bt Searail It arrived with only three tyres on it one was on the rims .
    I had to pay then $75 to put the tyre back on ( In cash with no receipt to the driver ) Surely they are not trying to cheat Revenue Canada out if tax ?? My other car arrived at the same tim with the front smashed in and the back damaged $4000 of damage .
    These people are the worst !! Please believe me .Please pass this information all who you know who may use Searail ..NEVER USE SEARAIL .

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

DO NOT USE SEARAIL IF YOU LIKE YOUR CAR! Those bastards broke the spoiler and scratched the whole passenger side of my Eclipse. They refused to pay saying that they don't cover 'minor' dents and scratches. Apparently $1600 damage to them is considered 'minor' damage. Check the BBB and you will see many files for these clowns as they are not recommended.

The owner is a cocky little fuck in Vancouver. He taunted me on the phone so I said I was going to pay him a little vist. Next thing I know Vancouver Police are calling me telling me not to step on his property. Probably a good thing as I was so infuriated I was actually going to go & I may have hurt him bad.

I Have just done a search on "Better Business BureauOf Mainland BC" See Following ...

The BBB reports on members and non-members. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report .

Principal: Zoran Milacic, Fleet Manager
    Customer Contact: Zoran Milacic, Fleet Manager
    File Open Date: February 1997
    TOB Classification: Freight Forwarding
    BBB Membership: This company is not a member.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to one or more unresolved complaint(s).

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The Bureau processed a total of 9 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 9 complaints closed in 36 months, 2 were closed in the last year

AVOID USING THESE PEOPLE .THEY ARE THE MOST UNETHICAL COMPANY I HAVE EVER DONE BUSINESS WITH.USE THEM AT YOUR PERIL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast