Quantcast
Pokemon Go - Page 28 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 28 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

Was in Vernon over the weekend. Lots of Growlithes, Arcanines, Geodudes, Machop, Machamp, Machoke, Cubone, Onyx. Refreshing.

Charizard ran away from me though fml

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

So I caught probably 10 pokemon on my 1km walk last night. But I notice if I go downtown or some part there are lots of those places where the green bits are sort of moving on the map but when I walk over it no pokemon pops up so what are they for?
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

Originally posted by nzwasp
    So I caught probably 10 pokemon on my 1km walk last night. But I notice if I go downtown or some part there are lots of those places where the green bits are sort of moving on the map but when I walk over it no pokemon pops up so what are they for?
    It means pokemon spawn there, but it means not for another 40 minutes

Originally posted by ickyflex
    Was in Vernon over the weekend. Lots of Growlithes, Arcanines, Geodudes, Machop, Machamp, Machoke, Cubone, Onyx. Refreshing.

Charizard ran away from me though fml

Damn, I want some growlithes... I've hatched 1 and found 1. Going to make getting Arcanine very tough.
    Noticed a few geodudes popping up in Aspen and actually a lot of Machops right in aspen landing there. Got a Machoke already 932 from evolving, and have a 536 machop as well.
    Seen Cubone on my nearby tons, but never ran across him. Never seen Onyx either but he's also one of the shittiest pokemon so not too worried about him. I'm sure I'll find him out of a 10k egg one day

Originally posted by colinxx235

Damn, I want some growlithes... I've hatched 1 and found 1. Going to make getting Arcanine very tough.
    Noticed a few geodudes popping up in Aspen and actually a lot of Machops right in aspen landing there. Got a Machoke already 932 from evolving, and have a 536 machop as well.
    Seen Cubone on my nearby tons, but never ran across him. Never seen Onyx either but he's also one of the shittiest pokemon so not too worried about him. I'm sure I'll find him out of a 10k egg one day
    Yeah if you ever heard out of town, that's your best way to find a bunch of different pokemon. Commons are different everywhere. I have over 70 growlithe candies from 4 days of playing whenever we were driving around and walking along the town/beach. Good to get variety haha

My Ride
    M3P

Tons of Magnamite and Voltorbs in Cancun lol

My Ride
    TDi

Originally posted by colinxx235

For Growlithes go to vegas You will get enough candy in one day
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    M3P

Can someone explain how the coins work?

I took over a couple gyms a couple of times, and was dethroned rather quickly but i didn't get anything out of it, other than some dead pokemon lol.

My Ride
    04 EP3'

Originally posted by hurrdurr

I took over a couple gyms a couple of times, and was dethroned rather quickly but i didn't get anything out of it, other than some dead pokemon lol.
    after you put your pokemon in the gym, you can collect your coins by going to the shop, and the top right corner will say collect now. each pokemon u leave at a gym gives u 10 coins and 500 stardust. if you're collecting coins, its better to do it all at once. the longer u wait, the higher the chances are of u losing the gym will be. i generally just drive around once a day for an hour and try to collect 3-4 before i cash out. keep in mind, you can only collect coins once ever 21 hours.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by hurrdurr

Under Shop, there is a shield icon, tap on that to collect.

Each concurrent holding of gym will give you 10 coin and 500 stardust.

The key is concurrent, if you didn't have a big team of 5-6 people with you to hold the gym, usually you don't have enough time to get the next one before you got kick out on the previous one.

Or you just take 1 gym, collect and run. Wait 22hrs and do it all over again.

Gym requires team work. That's why I now see a minivan of teens driving around and doing gym hopping.

My Ride
    M3P

Shit so i missed out on quite a few coins it seems lol

My Ride
    Bicycle

Looks like mechanics has change quite a bit beyond the footprints after the weekend update:

http://kotaku.com/pokemon-go-pisses-...273.1420238817

TLDR,

- Harder to catch and easier for it to bolt
    - scanning interval now doubled

My Ride
    TL

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Looks like mechanics has change quite a bit beyond the footprints after the weekend update:

TLDR,

I read on reddit that just the frequency of them bolting is massively higher but catching them is the same

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by Xtrema

TLDR,

In the last week has been massive game changes and even base mechanical changes.

Go look on reddit in /r/pokemongo and /r/thesilphroad and you will see how many people are pissed.

I haven't played since the update because everything is just so broke and not fun anymore that I don't bother playing.

Key things are such as low level pokemon need stupid amount of balls to catch or you throw one and they run.

Tracking completely gone and Niantic making changes in the back end to thwart API calls from 3rd party breaking the actual game itself.

It is a massive mess just like when they launched Ingress.

My Ride
    TL

Originally posted by firebane

In the last week has been massive game changes and even base mechanical changes.

Go look on reddit in /r/pokemongo and /r/thesilphroad and you will see how many people are pissed.

I haven't played since the update because everything is just so broke and not fun anymore that I don't bother playing.

Key things are such as low level pokemon need stupid amount of balls to catch or you throw one and they run.

Tracking completely gone and Niantic making changes in the back end to thwart API calls from 3rd party breaking the actual game itself.

It is a massive mess just like when they launched Ingress.
    unfortunately i'm in a similar boat. It's a way tougher grind when the pokemon frequency is less, and it's harder to catch.

I can see where niantic is coming from, they were trying to slow down the progress of the game by making the game difficult. People were advancing levels and catching pokemon way faster than they imagined. It's really difficult to go to a slower version of the game, people want MORE features, not the same features made worse. I remember playing league of legends quite a few years ago and it was a struggle between the community and developers. I imagine it's going to follow a similar path. Unless I'm wrong. I know nothing about ingress or niantic's history.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by dandia89

unfortunately i'm in a similar boat. It's a way tougher grind when the pokemon frequency is less, and it's harder to catch.

I can see where niantic is coming from, they were trying to slow down the progress of the game by making the game difficult. People were advancing levels and catching pokemon way faster than they imagined. It's really difficult to go to a slower version of the game, people want MORE features, not the same features made worse. I remember playing league of legends quite a few years ago and it was a struggle between the community and developers. I imagine it's going to follow a similar path. Unless I'm wrong. I know nothing about ingress or niantic's history.
    When ingress was released it was a enjoyable single player game but then they really started pushing the team mentality and it really made the game one sided quickly and if you weren't a die hard or hardcore player you lost all enjoyment from the game.

Same thing seems to be happening but a lot people are thinking this will become a pay to win game and unless your planning to fork out real money progressing will become a massive grind after level 20 and will again be a game for those who are die hard fans.

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Someone else said it best, can't remember who but it was:

"This game went from being something I went out to play, to something I play when I am out."

That perfectly sums it up for me. Ill pull it out when I am already doing something else, or on my way somewhere else, but have not gone out to play it specifically since the update messed it up... and this was coming from someone who played it a ton since it came out and is currently Lv 22.

Will wait and see what happens to the game over the next couple months and go from there. It will either be something that has a massive following and lives on for a long time, or just a couple month fad that is gone before Christmas. Only time will tell.
    Signature..... I ate it!!

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...-all-1.3706443

I find it hard to believe that this guy lost 25lbs in the 3 weeks that the game as been out.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

I find it hard to believe that this guy lost 25lbs in the 3 weeks that the game as been out.
    He still looks overweight in his picture. It says 20-40km a day on foot. That will drop you that much weight - if you have it to lose it.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Bicycle

265km at average of 5km/h (my experience) = 53hrs

Games has been out for 3 weeks for that's 18hrs a week, 2.5hrs a day. Given this is light walking and say he's 6', he can burn 180/hr so he burned 450cal/day.

If his diet doesn't change, it may be possible.

Page 28 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 ... LastLast