Quantcast
Trump or Clinton? - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?

Voters
398. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clinton

186 46.73%
  • Trump

212 53.27%
Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump or Clinton?

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Originally posted by SKR
    He's got as much experience as anyone else, and a mind that isn't tainted with first hand experience of the horrors of war. Where an old soldier from way back might hesitate, Trump will hit the switch with vigor and enthusiasm. He might not be the best but it's hard to imagine someone who would be better to look after the nukes.
    Based on the history of nuclear warfare, be very happy a few people have hesitated throughout history...

Side note: You can democratically elect a government that sponsors inequality, racism, slavery, economic war, real war, and any other theology thinkable. Its been done several times before, the idea of democracy is not dependant on ethics.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 08-07-2016 at 05:01 PM.
    Cocoa $9,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by SKR
    He's got as much experience as anyone else, and a mind that isn't tainted with first hand experience of the horrors of war. Where an old soldier from way back might hesitate, Trump will hit the switch with vigor and enthusiasm. He might not be the best but it's hard to imagine someone who would be better to look after the nukes.
    Are you serious right now?

The last person I want in control of a huge nuclear arsenal is someone who wouldn't litigiously explore EVERY an ANY other option before using them...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I like how we seem to have all agreed on the assumption that he's more likely to nuke places. I dunno, seem like that would be bad for business, and he's all about business, not ideology.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 02:34 PM.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Originally posted by A790

Are you serious right now?

The last person I want in control of a huge nuclear arsenal is someone who wouldn't litigiously explore EVERY an ANY other option before using them...
    No, I'm not serious. I think the ship sailed on this being a thoughtful, intelligent thread a long time ago.

I still think they should vote Trump. I want to see what a nationwide demolition derby looks like.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by 01RedDX

With respect ExtraSlow but if that's what you think, then you haven't been paying attention. He's actually all about ego and power, not business.

He's a notorious narcissist and megalomaniac with very thin skin, the worst possible combo of personalities to put in one of the most powerful positions on Earth!
    I'll give you narcissist, and thin skin, but I'm not sure I agree with megalomaniac.

Megalomaniac: a person who is obsessed with their own power.

Anyway, never take anything I say about politic too seriously. I look on the US presidential race as the most interesting show on TV, pure entertainment.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Originally posted by SKR

I want to see what a nationwide demolition derby looks like.
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow

I look on the US presidential race as the most interesting show on TV, pure entertainment.
    I think some of you don't appreciate how much of an effect American policy has on Canada including social issues. The reason marijuana is currently illegal in Canada is very simple, USA. The reason gay marriage took so long to legalize in Canada is simple, USA. The USA is currently backwards compared to many nations in terms of social policy. We don't want to be following them down the road to hell back to the good old days of slavery, LGBT persecution, racism and forming policies based on scripture from thousands of years ago. If Canada was closer to many northern European nations, I have no doubt we'd be far more along in terms of economic diversity and social issues than we are now. The USA wants us to be their oil and gas slave and that has held us back. We do what the US wants and IMO it's holding us back. Instead of being technological and scientific world leaders, we're stuck digging up oil for America. Fuck that.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

So would you suggest that I wring my hands or argue on the internet more? I dunno. I take an existentialist view of these things. I can only control my reaction to events, and I choose to see them as humorous.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    So would you suggest that I wring my hands or argue on the internet more? I dunno. I take an existentialist view of these things. I can only control my reaction to events, and I choose to see them as humorous.
    you do what I do. Bullshit on the internet. I'm not pretending to be doing some special "work" here. Without your posts or other's, I would have nothing to reply to. So in an existential sense, thank you for existing and being who you are.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm existing hard for you bro

But if we are talking serious, is Hillary having repeated seizures on TV?
    http://www.dangerandplay.com/2016/08...coughing-fits/

My Ride

Originally posted by BigMass

I think some of you don't appreciate how much of an effect American policy has on Canada including social issues. The reason marijuana is currently illegal in Canada is very simple, USA. The reason gay marriage took so long to legalize in Canada is simple, USA. The USA is currently backwards compared to many nations in terms of social policy. We don't want to be following them down the road to hell back to the good old days of slavery, LGBT persecution, racism and forming policies based on scripture from thousands of years ago. If Canada was closer to many northern European nations, I have no doubt we'd be far more along in terms of economic diversity and social issues than we are now. The USA wants us to be their oil and gas slave and that has held us back. We do what the US wants and IMO it's holding us back. Instead of being technological and scientific world leaders, we're stuck digging up oil for America. Fuck that.
    I think you don't appreciate how I'll buy a cow, plant a garden and ride it out. Other people's issues aren't mine, and mine aren't theirs. I'll be fine.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Originally posted by BigMass

you do what I do. Bullshit on the internet. I'm not pretending to be doing some special "work" here. Without your posts or other's, I would have nothing to reply to. So in an existential sense, thank you for existing and being who you are.
    I don't thing SKR is bullshiting at all. I get the sense he's more than willing to batten down the hatches and watch it burn around him.

I have no say, I can't vote for either candidate, so it's all just fun and games really. The greatest reality show of all time. Do I have a preference? Kinda I guess. A vote for Hillary is a vote for the status quo and I don't believe that's good for Canada. So Trump then right? That's complicated, on a couple of issues (pipelines) he's better for us. However he's such a wildcard on everything else it's hard to predict what he'll actually do and even harder to predict how some of those decisions might affect us.

I think ultimately I'd throw my ballot at Trump. I dislike what he says sometimes but at least I believe it's what he actually thinks. Hillary runs her yap and we're left without a clue what she actually thinks because she's a trained robot programmed to tell us what we want to hear. She's an awful awful person. I think Hillary will win though.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Petition to #DiagnoseTrump urges mental health evaluation for Donald Trump

White House hopeful Donald Trump‘s antics and strong opinions on the campaign trail have earned him both the Republican nomination, and concerns he may need a mental health evaluation.

Member of Congress Karen Bass has started a petition on Change.org to #DiagnoseTrump.

“It is our patriotic duty to raise the question of his mental stability to be the commander in chief and leader of the free world.”

It goes on to question if Trump has narcissistic personality disorder, and asks mental health professionals to get involved and “urge the Republican party to insist that their nominee has an evaluation to determine his mental fitness for the job.”

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder, according to the Mayo Clinic, marked by inflated self-importance, a need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others.

Therapy is often used in treating the disorder.

The petition aimed at Trump states that while it’s possible for people with the disorder to “successfully function” in their daily lives and careers, “not the Presidency of the United States.”

“We deserve to have the greatest understanding of Mr. Trump’s mental health status before we head to the polls on November 8th, 2016. #DiagnoseTrump.”

At the time of publication the petition hovered around its goal of 25,000 signatures. The petition’s webpage states it will be delivered to clinical psychologists and psychiatrists.
    http://globalnews.ca/news/2869514/pe...-donald-trump/

^ Make no mistake. In order to desire the position of US President all candidates require a narsasistic personality dissorder. Trump just hasn't bothered to keep it under wraps. I don't think for a second Hillary doesn't suffer from the same dissorder.
    Last edited by rx7_turbo2; 08-08-2016 at 09:45 AM.
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Is a medical review required for this position? I'm 100% certain Trump is healthier than Hillary.

My Ride

I just think this whole thing is a good lesson in why you shouldn't tie yourself to something you don't have any control over. If you're a Canadian and your life is so flimsy that a US election is going to ruin you, I think you fucked up somewhere.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by SKR
    I just think this whole thing is a good lesson in why you shouldn't tie yourself to something you don't have any control over. If you're a Canadian and your life is so flimsy that a US election is going to ruin you, I think you fucked up somewhere.
    Except when an US election decision has a direct impact on your life because oil is consequently $30/barrel.

Hillary and Trump are both narcissists but Hillary hides it a bit better. As much as it's a quality I don't like in people, I'd rather have that extreme than the other which is total lack of confidence in decision making. At least with Hillary I think she'd be open to listening to others. With Trump it certainly doesn't seem that way.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

Originally posted by msommers
    Except when an US election decision has a direct impact on your life because oil is consequently $30/barrel.
    Wait, the US election is the cause for the low world oil price? I don't see the connection.

My Ride

Originally posted by msommers

Which would go to my point that it's a good idea to not rely on things that you can't control, wouldn't it?
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast