Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 193 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

I just phoned Telus loyalty before I upgraded at Apple. They set me up with a cheaper plan with more DATA and I still benefited from the discount for another 2 year plan.

Apple will give you a shorty plan when you buy the phone. All you have to do is phone Telus after and get them to put the plan you spoke about back on your account.

Easy peasy.
    Professionally Retired

My Ride
    This and that.

^ Okay thanks. I am gonna call Fido right now and talk to them about it.

My Ride
    This and that.

Fido won't budge. Apparently the plan I have right now ($90/month) is usually their $140/month plan and they just can't do it and subsidize the phone at that price. I said I want to leave then and then he said the best he can do is everything stays the same and I get it for $100 a month instead of $140 and he is giving me $125 credit (which will cover my early upgrade fee).

My plan goes up $10 a month but in the long run if I include the price of the phone $1079 vs $549, I will still be saving some dough.

I have a good Fido plan that they haven't offered for a long time and they are more than happy to give me the hardware discounts if I sign on for 2 additional years. They've never cared what plan I had. I basically just had to agree to be a customer for another 2 years.

My Ride
    This and that.

^That's whats happened to me in the past. But apparently now for the iPhone 7 they are saying some new changes came into place in July and they just can't do that.

^ That sucks! Unless that is iPhone specific, everything I liked about Fido is slowly slipping away haha.

My Ride
    This and that.

Yea I agree. Could be the iPhone due to the demand etc. My plan is still decent at $100 as I get 10gb of data and unlimited everything else pretty much but $90 would have obviously been better lol.

My Ride
    NC1

That's really good shak
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    This and that.

Heading out to the Apple store. Will report back after, hopefully everything goes smoothly. lol.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by shakalaka
    ^That's whats happened to me in the past. But apparently now for the iPhone 7 they are saying some new changes came into place in July and they just can't do that.
    Yeah, I had city fido $35 plus 6gb data for $30 and the VVM pack for $13. Got a 6 plus for a discount 2-years ago. No discount even on a 6S now.

I changed my plan to the $50 retention plan that is unlimited everything + 3gb of data. I never use more than 1-2.

Saves me $432 over 2 years which is close enough to the subsidy. I got it through fido this time as I had $180 in fido dollars. I'll get the 8 or 8s outright.

My Ride
    M3P

I'm not a huge fan of the 7(plus) but its only $200 more than the 6S Plus and if i want to upgrade next year this might be the best idea for resell..

Thoughts?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by hurrdurr
    I'm not a huge fan of the 7(plus) but its only $200 more than the 6S Plus and if i want to upgrade next year this might be the best idea for resell..

Thoughts?
    It's only $150 more. And ya, that's the only reason I went with the 7 myself.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I just got my 7 Plus and there is a creaking/popping sound by the front camera.. anyone have this problem?

My Ride
    M3P

Originally posted by rage2

It's only $150 more. And ya, that's the only reason I went with the 7 myself.
    Yes you're right, $150, but I imagine the resell will be much better in a years time when apple releases a new courageous (lmao) model.

How hard has it been for you to get used to not being able to click the menu button?

I am just wating for a 128 in black to become available and i will pick one up

My Ride
    This and that.

No nothing like that on mine from what I can tell.

Edit: In response to Benson.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 09-28-2016 at 11:25 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Home button is a non issue for me. Feels like before really. I haven't had to force reboot yet, but I read it's different now (sleep + volume down).
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

Ya home button isn't a big issue. I preferred the old one as the click felt more substantial obviously but this is also decent. And that makes sense about the force reboot as the first silver 7+ I had I was trying to force reboot and doing the old method wasn't working.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

I don't mind the home button, it takes some getting used to though. Everything else is just changes that I am not familiar with, but I'll adapt.

The mail change is the most fucked up. So now, rather than organizing your email threads in short previews that you can scroll past, it shows the entire email thread. I used to be able to open a thread and choose which email to move/delete/open, now it's not even a choice. I don't like it.

Apple is now investigating after several recent fires caused by iPhone 6, 7, and 7 Plus.

Probably pretty easy to get a replacement phone from any manufacturer right now haha - "yeah it gets really hot sometimes, I'd hate for it to cause a fire....."

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Apple is now investigating after several recent fires caused by iPhone 6, 7, and 7 Plus.

Probably pretty easy to get a replacement phone from any manufacturer right now haha - "yeah it gets really hot sometimes, I'd hate for it to cause a fire....."
    It's all Apple's fault starting a trend to make it sexy and thin. It doesn't kill them to make it a bit thicker and give us more battery or more safety.

Page 18 of 193 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast