Apple Thread - Page 38 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 38 of 193 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does this mean I can flip one for $3K?
    I don't know about double, but I wouldn't be surprised if the margins are going to be higher than the typical stock restrained 25% markup. Easy money if you can get one, and completely risk free since you can return it.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Can we buy 2 or just 1?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I wouldn’t see why not. I picked up 2 7s last year.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

Gonna try to get in on the pre order.

I managed to get 2 for launch day going to bed now lol

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Yep, me too. I have one iPhone X, black, 256GB. $3,000 obo. Haha

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Only managed 1. Slow fingers.

My Ride
    This and that.

How the hell did you guys get it for lunch day?

I was on the freaking site right away and ordered within 5 minutes and shipping shows Nov 22-29. I ordered two a silver and black both in 256GB. I figured I will keep the one I like and either sell the other or just return it. I think even then I should be able to flip one of them for a hefty profit if I wanted. I will probably keep the silver for myself. I placed two separate orders as I didn't think of ordering two right away.

I think I got delayed because I forgot my Apple ID password and did the reset process but after all the security info they said to wait for their instructions in a few days on how to reset. Such BS. I had to make a new account with a different email address to process the damn orders.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 10-27-2017 at 01:31 AM.

I ordered 1 black and 1 silver, but for the Nov 22-29 as well. It would not let me log into my apple ID for whatever reason...

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

picked two up, delivery Nov 3. 256GB space grey.

Apple store on iphone was faster than on the web. By the time I was done my order, the browser loaded up the store.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I buy stuff regularly through the Apple Store app, so everything is already setup in there. Store opened at 1:04am for me and had mine ordered in 30 seconds. Tried to go for a 2nd one at 1:05am and it was already at 2-3 weeks. It listed Market Mall pickup available, by the time it got to the last screen, pickup was gone.

So yea, if you're struggling to get your accounts setup or fiddle with payment options, you wouldn't have gotten one on launch.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

One thing that bugs me with Iphones vs android is how they fuck do you guys track your data used. The stock settings app has it from the last time you reset so in the case of my wife the last time was last fucking year and it shows 11GB used. I want it to show me month by month usage like android and give me a warning when im coming up on 5GB, why can it not do that?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    One thing that bugs me with Iphones vs android is how they fuck do you guys track your data used. The stock settings app has it from the last time you reset so in the case of my wife the last time was last fucking year and it shows 11GB used. I want it to show me month by month usage like android and give me a warning when im coming up on 5GB, why can it not do that?
    People that can afford iPhones DGAF about overages?

Yea, it's annoying for sure. My kid's on a 3GB plan, but it's setup to stop data at 3GB unless you request more. He has a calendar schedule to reset the metrics monthly. Not that it's perfectly accurate anyways, not sure if it's the iPhone side counting low, or Fido overbilling. Typically 10-15% off.

My Ride
    This and that.

Ya that's shitty wish I had sorted out the freaking apple ID beforehand. Oh well even if I get that last November weekend I think it'll be early enough and the demand should still be there to flip one if I really want to.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    He has a calendar schedule to reset the metrics monthly.
    what do you mean by this?
    is this his billing cycle through the provider or a monitoring app on his phone that keeps track of his data usage.

baffles me that my wife uses 10GB+ every month but then she's on instagram, youtube and facebook all the time whenever she's in the car or c-train

my iphone cellular data usage says that I've used 16GB of cellular usage this billing cycle so far (work phone, I get lots of emails and use hotspot) but I don't think this is accurate either so I might buy a better cell usage monitoring app.

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    is this his billing cycle through the provider or a monitoring app on his phone that keeps track of his data usage.

baffles me that my wife uses 10GB+ every month but then she's on instagram, youtube and facebook all the time whenever she's in the car or c-train

my iphone cellular data usage says that I've used 16GB of cellular usage this billing cycle so far (work phone, I get lots of emails and use hotspot) but I don't think this is accurate either so I might buy a better cell usage monitoring app.
    Fbook/IG/Youtube DESTROYS data. I never knew how bad until one day when I was stuck at work, with no computer, no wifi and literally nothing to do. I checked back on the billing cycle and I think I used up 1.3GB in a day... oops

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post

Fido lets you know when the next cycle starts, so we set a calendar reminder for that day to reset his usage stats on the iPhone so he can properly track his usage for the next billing cycle. We analyze before a reset what usage looks like, so we know what apps to turn off. YouTube is turned off completely for cell usage.

YouTube is a killer for obvious reasons. Facebook, turn off autoplay, and it'll save you a shit ton of data. Guessing same for Instagram.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    Fbook/IG/Youtube DESTROYS data. I never knew how bad until one day when I was stuck at work, with no computer, no wifi and literally nothing to do. I checked back on the billing cycle and I think I used up 1.3GB in a day... oops
    yeah, i've been refraining from checking IG and Youtube when commuting, I read a lot of news though.
    I also download youtube videos on wifi instead of streaming them.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Fido lets you know when the next cycle starts, so we set a calendar reminder for that day to reset his usage stats on the iPhone so he can properly track his usage for the next billing cycle. We analyze before a reset what usage looks like, so we know what apps to turn off. YouTube is turned off completely for cell usage.

YouTube is a killer for obvious reasons. Facebook, turn off autoplay, and it'll save you a shit ton of data. Guessing same for Instagram.
    gotcha, are you using the default cellular usage to gauge his usage or a dedicated app?
    decided to buy the basic version of DataMan which keeps track when my billing cycle resets and overall usage. tracking for specific app is an additional cost but I will be curious to see how accurate DataMan is with the cellular usage numbers.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yea, iOS natively tracks usage per app, so just using that. It would be nice to be able to set billing cycles on there and view historic use.

Page 38 of 193 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 48 ... LastLast