Quantcast
RAM 1500/2500/3500 Truck Thread - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: RAM 1500/2500/3500 Truck Thread

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Are there any real gains for gas? or more for shift points...etc?
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

Question for the Ram group.

I put down a deposit on a 2017 Ram Laramie with 1200km on it. All in price after GST/fees came out to 42 739.46.

The Dealership would not budge on the 739.46 and stated that I must Finance 20k at 5.99% through them in order for them to accept my offer.

Question 1: Truck was originally listed at $41,600 they moved on price by 1600 but added in the 739 service fee. Did I do as good on this deal as they are making it out to be? They are stating that they are loosing money on this truck big time, and the owner is only honouring the deal as this is what the sales manager negotiated. The owner is stating he would get more by sending it to auction.

Question 2: Are dealerships allowed to add in a stipulation that I must finance x amount? They are stating I must keep the loan for a minimum of 6 months. I was under the impression that all vehicle loans are open ended and can be paid back at any time.

Thanks!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Holy fuck why did you put down a deposit before you knew of it was a good deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Deposit is Completely refundable, its on my Credit Card so I am not too concerned about them pulling any funny business.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by importracer View Post
    Deposit is Completely refundable, its on my Credit Card so I am not too concerned about them pulling any funny business.
    They aren’t losing money. That truck was even cheaper NEW a few months ago when 25% msrp and Invoice pricing was happening. My brother ended up with 34% off msrp on a ‘17 ram

Edit: potentially cheaper. Maybe it’s loaded (Inrich)
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    bus

It’s January, dealerships are hungry this time of year. You can get a better deal.
    I’ll have a loaded 2014 crew cab sport with 61,000km for sale at the end of Jan if your interested.
    Last edited by redblack; 01-14-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Darkane: Sticker price on this one was $66, 605. At 33% off it would have came to around 47k mark after GST; if it was new and the discounts were in play. The truck I am looking at is a one owner used with 1200km.

Redblack- What would you suggest the truck be priced at to get the "better deal"?

I don't buy that they are losing money on this sale either, however it is the best priced laramie I have found thus far.
    Last edited by importracer; 01-14-2018 at 11:40 PM.

My Ride

Darkane: Sticker price on this one was $66, 605. At 33% off it would have came to around 47k mark after GST; if it was new and the discounts were in play. The truck I am looking at is a one owner used with 1200km.

Redblack- What would you suggest the truck be priced at to get the "better deal"?

I don't buy that they are losing money on this sale either, however it is the best priced laramie I have found thus far.
    Okay, sounds like that truck has every option in the Laramie trim. I’d pull the trigger, it’s basically new.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I got warning bells going off in my head. Why did the original owner turn it back to the dealer with 1200kms on it?

2, dont buy into their bullshit. chances are if you walk, they will cave.

3, they want you to finance so that they get their kickback from the finance company, which usually has a stipulation in it that if the loan is paid out in the initial 6 months, they dont get their commission.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Trucks

The new Ram with the Hemi has the same engine ratings of 395hp and 410 ft/lbs but now has the 48v hybrid eTorque available with 130 ft/lb more at launch. 4wd launches will be a lot more entertaining, especially against an Ecoboost with lag.

Also an electronic locking diff available or a Dana 60 in a half ton truck, race guys will be happy.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/01/15/...#slide-7211372
    Last edited by Darell_n; 01-15-2018 at 06:40 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

They hit the target market right on that. Guys who race at stoplights in a pickup? Yup sounds like a ram driver.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

At close to 40% off MSRP that's a great deal. I am guessing SpikerS is probably right with his point 3 as to why they insist on you financing for 6 months at least.

If it is truly a used truck, they only have bank kick backs, so you should be able to ask what the price is with no financing and then calculate what 6 months of financing at 5.99% costs you at which point you can pay it off. Compare the two totals costs to you and go from there.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    The new Ram with the Hemi has the same engine ratings of 395hp and 410 ft/lbs but now has the 48v hybrid eTorque available with 130 ft/lb more at launch. 4wd launches will be a lot more entertaining, especially against an Ecoboost with lag.

Also an electronic locking diff available or a Dana 60 in a half ton truck, race guys will be happy.

I like it. Mind you, it’s going to be funny with ford lagging for once.

Rumourmill states the new GM 6.2 will be in the 480 tq area. Combined with a 10sp and zero lag, also much lighter than both competitors, should be some fast trucks.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    They hit the target market right on that. Guys who race at stoplights in a pickup? Yup sounds like a ram driver.
    Hey once you have invested in the keep calm chive on sticker in your back window you need to make sure the maximum number of people in the neighbourhood get to see it.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    bus

Don’t forget about the thick white rimmed sunglasses ��

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Quote Originally Posted by redblack View Post
    Don’t forget about the thick white rimmed sunglasses ��
    And tow mirrors

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I can’t say I have ever been in a dodge dealer, but I assume they all have Oakley boutiques next to the finance department.

Ok I’m done

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I can’t say I have ever been in a dodge dealer, but I assume they all have Oakley boutiques next to the finance department.

Ok I’m done
    Only people douchier than Dodge owners are BMW and Mercedes owners.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Only people douchier than Dodge owners are BMW and Mercedes owners.
    Hey you know the difference between a porcupine and a Mercedes?

With the Mercedes the prick is on the inside.

Badum tsss

fact.

Question for the Ram group.

I put down a deposit on a 2017 Ram Laramie with 1200km on it. All in price after GST/fees came out to 42 739.46.

The Dealership would not budge on the 739.46 and stated that I must Finance 20k at 5.99% through them in order for them to accept my offer.

Question 1: Truck was originally listed at $41,600 they moved on price by 1600 but added in the 739 service fee. Did I do as good on this deal as they are making it out to be? They are stating that they are loosing money on this truck big time, and the owner is only honouring the deal as this is what the sales manager negotiated. The owner is stating he would get more by sending it to auction.

Question 2: Are dealerships allowed to add in a stipulation that I must finance x amount? They are stating I must keep the loan for a minimum of 6 months. I was under the impression that all vehicle loans are open ended and can be paid back at any time.

Thanks!
    Thats a good price for a 17 Laramie with 1200kms if theres no funny business with the truck
    For the admin fee that can be waived but that all depends on how you negotiated your price. I had the same thing happen and after we negotiated a price all in they tried to tack on the admin fee and even showed me the contract where it was automatically printed in but i told them we agreed to a price that was supposed to be all in. This was all through email so i had the upper hand and said no thanks even though i wouldve paid it but it took them about a day to write back saying they'll waive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post

Ive been waiting forever for this truck to come out and the exterior is only soso, the interior is beautiful with the 12" screen but i kinda want a beefier look which from what they say theyre doing away with. I wonder if dodge will have the same power as ford and sell the first round for full msrp.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast