Quantcast
Energy Efficiency Alberta - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Energy Efficiency Alberta

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Haha, if you actually do get the parts for free, people are just going to re-install old junk they have laying around so they get a bunch of free stuff. If you don't get the parts for free, participation is going to be next to zero. Seems like a massive failure either way to me. How does nobody in power think of these types of scenarios which will probably end up being the vast majority?

Fill out the form to register.
    You’ll receive a call to schedule your installation, and a second call from the installer the day prior to their visit.
    An installer will visit your home, and conduct a walkthrough to identify potential opportunities for energy-efficient upgrades at no charge.
    The installer will upgrade your home to energy-efficient products, and show you how to use them. Most installations don’t take longer than an hour.
    You’ll save money and conserve energy—immediately. And the products are yours to keep at no charge!
    Might as well sign up and get a free thermostat, couple new HT power bars, and a bunch of LED bulbs

I find this almost unbelievable that anyone would even think this up believing it will have the desired outcome.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-01-2017 at 12:26 PM.

My Ride
    06 S2000

What if I don't want new showerheads?
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car sounds like shit.

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
    What if I don't want new showerheads?
    Reinstall the old ones in 2 minutes and keep the new ones as backups, or sell them on Kijiji like everyone else is going to do. Or pop out the water savers in the new ones. Too much trouble for some people I'm sure but I bet a lot of people will just be abusing this to the max, especially with the amount of people who hate the NDP.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Default Re: NDP paying contractors to update our lightbulbs

Originally posted by dirtsniffer

So possibly around $100 worth of things we can claw back from the NDP.
    They're not spending their own money on this, they're spending ours. Everyone who signs up for this program probably costs us $500 with installer fees and gov't overhead, program administration costs etc. to end up with $100 of free shit. That said, I just might sign up because my old house could use a new thermostat and some LED bulbs. I'll take the new showerheads too as I can usually remove the restrictors in just a few minutes and get a decent shower. I modded my current Costco 2.5gpm showerheads to just short of 5gpm.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

I would only do this if the temperature of the lights are the same as incandescent. My relatives typically buy the white/cool temp LEDs and I hate the light it produces.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Haha, if you actually do get the parts for free, people are just going to re-install old junk they have laying around so they get a bunch of free stuff. If you don't get the parts for free, participation is going to be next to zero. Seems like a massive failure either way to me. How does nobody in power think of these types of scenarios which will probably end up being the vast majority?

Might as well sign up and get a free thermostat, couple new HT power bars, and a bunch of LED bulbs

I find this almost unbelievable that anyone would even think this up believing it will have the desired outcome.
    I think people are reading it wrong. The walkthrough and installation is no charge. I don't see any specific language stating the actual products themselves being installed are free.

I think the government is wasting millions to give a company a chance to sell you a light bulb that they will screw in for free (charge the government)

Originally posted by Nitro5

I think people are reading it wrong. The walkthrough and installation is no charge. I don't see any specific language stating the actual products themselves being installed are free.

I think the government is wasting millions to give a company a chance to sell you a light bulb that they will screw in for free (charge the government)
    You’ll receive a call to schedule your installation, and a second call from the installer the day prior to their visit.
    An installer will visit your home, and conduct a walkthrough to identify potential opportunities for energy-efficient upgrades at no charge.
    The installer will upgrade your home to energy-efficient products, and show you how to use them. Most installations don’t take longer than an hour.
    You’ll save money and conserve energy—immediately. And the products are yours to keep at no charge!

"the products are yours to keep at no charge!"
    "Getting your no-charge, energy-efficient products is easy"
    "And the products are yours to keep at no charge!"

It can't be more clear than that. The audit, installation and products are all included at no cost. They do take the old stuff away though so they aren't just dropping new stuff off for you to sell.
    ---

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Eligible refrigerators
    Eligible clothes washers
    High-efficiency windows
    Tankless water heaters
    Thermal insulation
    ENERGY STAR® LED light bulbs
    Load-sensing power bars
    Heavy duty timers
    Smart thermostats
    Hot water saving products:
    Showerheads
    Faucet aerators
    ShowerStarts©

There's no way that they are paying for new fridge, washing machine, new windows, water heater and insulation. This whole thing is written by a 10yo.

oops, jumped to conclusion with this one. These are for incentive.
    Last edited by lilmira; 03-01-2017 at 01:25 PM.

My Ride
    G6

To all you trying to profit from this: Why would anyone buy the stuff the government gave you on Kijiji when they can just get it free from the government themselves?

Profit? I'm just hoarding for the zombie apocalypse.

It clearly states the products you receive are yours to keep, free of charge:

So unless I am grossly misinterpreting that somehow, it sounds like everything is free.

Fuck I'm missed that. Nvm

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Breaking News: 9/10 people in this thread cannot/do not read haha.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Feruk
    To all you trying to profit from this: Why would anyone buy the stuff the government gave you on Kijiji when they can just get it free from the government themselves?
    ebay isn't province wide. USD is strong. So many opportunities! haha
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

16 Pack of 60W bulbs = $13 or so.

Costco Pack of 3 LED bulbs = $20 or so.

Even people with existing LED setups are probably going to go out, buy a couple boxes of crappy bulbs and get a second set of LED's for free in their house probably worth at least couple hundred $. If they do track lighting, chandeliers, and halogens with LED's too, that can get to be some pretty big money. This is going to get abused like crazy. Getting free power bars will be the easiest, you simply plug your stuff into the wall for a day haha.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-01-2017 at 02:18 PM.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Signed up. Nothing to lose
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 04:51 PM.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Originally posted by rx7boi

You can still get incandescents? I thought those weren't available for purchase as of several years ago?
    I believe only 60 watts and lower are still available for incandescents in stores.

I see no mention of replacing bulbs with the same lumen output. Last I checked 100w equivalent LED bulbs were still damn pricey and too large for many closed fixtures despite being the same bulb code (i.e. A19).
    Last edited by Swank; 03-01-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast