Quantcast
Best bank for small business loan? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Best bank for small business loan?

Hasn't ramen peaked here too? Jinya is 3/5 at best. Hipsters love Shiki Menya even though it ain't nothing special worth lining up for. Goro Gunn is too salty. A bunch of sushi places sell ramen. Heck even Cafe 100 sells ramen.

You really have to knock it out of the park on taste or compete on price. I'd say it's tough, but then again pho places open up in every community and even the terrible ones are still in business. Good luck to you OP.

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hasn't ramen peaked here too? Jinya is 3/5 at best. Hipsters love Shiki Menya even though it ain't nothing special worth lining up for. Goro Gunn is too salty. A bunch of sushi places sell ramen. Heck even Cafe 100 sells ramen.

You really have to knock it out of the park on taste or compete on price. I'd say it's tough, but then again pho places open up in every community and even the terrible ones are still in business. Good luck to you OP.

Yes, good point. I've had the cafe100 Ramen one night. Come to think of it, Pho is more value to fill your stomach over ramen, imho. I always need to top ramen off with other side dishes. Where as a heavy bowl of XL satay beef pho will keep you bloated full.

As a consumer, of course the more eatery the better. I can't believe I'm not 300 lbs.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post

I wouldn’t say it peaked, but there are only a small number of good ramen places, and a bunch of mediocre. There’s definitely room for more good places IMO. Lots of the mediocre places are pretty busy, my theory is that there’s a lot of different tastes that people aim for so mediocre for me is top notch for someone else.

I also don’t get Shiki Menya, even though it’s always top rated. Always average for me. Must be the whole limited supply psychological factor that ppl find it to be good.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    13 AUDI A4, 14 TUNDRA SR5, 12 VW GOLF TDI

definitely recommend ATB as I did successfully received the loan from them and very easy to deal with than most other bank.
    Unless your restaurant is very well know franchises like(Cara group, Tim Hortons etc), you will have hard time finding anyone even talking to you.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Possibly off topic but still relevant. Was discussing business investments with an accountant a while back and his opinion is that any type of restaurant is really just you buying yourself a 60+ hour a week job. If you love working in a restaurant that's great, but you'd probably be further ahead just investing your money in something boring and working for someone else's restaurant for equal hours. As an owner you are lucky to get minimum wage.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    Come to think of it, Pho is more value to fill your stomach over ramen, imho. I always need to top ramen off with other side dishes. Where as a heavy bowl of XL satay beef pho will keep you bloated full.
    Agreed. I either need sides or extra noodles to fill me up but then im looking at a $15-$17 bowl of glorified instant noodles lol

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Must be the whole limited supply psychological factor that ppl find it to be good.
    Worked on my family all the time, when my mom would make dinner and there was a lot of it it was nothing special. When she made the same dish and there was just a bit of it, everyone was fighting for the last bits lol

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Possibly off topic but still relevant. Was discussing business investments with an accountant a while back and his opinion is that any type of restaurant is really just you buying yourself a 60+ hour a week job. If you love working in a restaurant that's great, but you'd probably be further ahead just investing your money in something boring and working for someone else's restaurant for equal hours. As an owner you are lucky to get minimum wage.
    Yup. Agreed.

With that said it also depends.

Some people are experienced (worked in the industry) have investors, a great plan, social media, etc.

Others are probably just mom and pop shops who open up (thought it was a good idea) to buy a job instead of working for others.

As they say timing is everything lol and Chinese restaurants had a good solid 30 year bull run so whoever was in it during this time I am sure experienced years of what felt like unlimited gravy haha Now it's not so easy anymore. The game has changed! Adapt or die.

As for ramen, I am okay with my ichiban from Calgary Court for $8.88 in the morning haha

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I wouldn’t say it peaked, but there are only a small number of good ramen places, and a bunch of mediocre. There’s definitely room for more good places IMO. Lots of the mediocre places are pretty busy, my theory is that there’s a lot of different tastes that people aim for so mediocre for me is top notch for someone else.

I also don’t get Shiki Menya, even though it’s always top rated. Always average for me. Must be the whole limited supply psychological factor that ppl find it to be good.
    OMG... the Chilli Goma...

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Someone should open up a poke bowl type place south of downtown area, for instance near chinook where I work we dont have any of that.

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Someone should open up a poke bowl type place south of downtown area, for instance near chinook where I work we dont have any of that.
    Those things are deliciously expensive

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The only one that have potential to break out of that cycle is Timmy's. You do 60 to 80hrs on your 1st one for 3-5 years to get your 2nd and 3rd. By then you just have trusted people to run them.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    isnt there a poke bowl place in the blackfoot farmers market?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    The only one that have potential to break out of that cycle is Timmy's. You do 60 to 80hrs on your 1st one for 3-5 years to get your 2nd and 3rd. By then you just have trusted people to run them.
    For people who say this... you do realize so many people wouldn't do it if it wasn't worth it, right?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I clearly believe (as previously stated) that restaurants are bad investments. But there certainly are SOME that make people good money. Timmies being one of them. McDonalds another.

Yes, getting someone who can manage the rowdies is important, but if you are doing 60 to 80 hours a week, you aren't managing your staff.

All in my opinion, but I dunno

The cost of a Tim Hortons franchise varies depending on the restaurant size and location, along with other factors. You must have $1.5million in net worth and $500,000 liquid assets in order to qualify. Financial requirements may be lower or higher depending on the transaction type.
    * shudder * at that point I'll just plop all my money into MAW104 or ZEB or DGRO.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    if you are doing 60 to 80 hours a week, you aren't managing your staff.

All in my opinion, but I dunno
    I've never done it, nor had the discussion with anyone who's done it, but from the accountant I spoke to who HAS clients who are successful franchise owners you assumptions don't match what he told me. Basically what he said is that you'll never find store managers who care as much as you do as the owner, so you'll need to be there 60-80 hours a week if you want things to run well.

No idea of that's true. I do agree those capital requirements above would have me looking at passive income investments before a franchise.

But what do I know? I work in a car wash.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3