Quantcast
Toyota Tacoma Mega Thread - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Tacoma Mega Thread

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by nj2Type-S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we ended up with a the 4-door trd off-road with the 5’ bed. the dealer included running boards and upgraded the cloth seats to black leather with red stitching (pretty stoked about that!). thanks for your guys’ input!

looking for a hard tonneau cover now, and the bakflip mx4 seems to be pretty good, but sort of pricey. any other more economical alternatives? thanks again!
    Congrats!

As far as tonneau cover, I got the Undercover Flex from the guys at Auto Truck Depot. It was basically the exact same as the Bakflip, but hundreds less. Im still happy with it on my 2nd gen taco.

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Congrats!

As far as tonneau cover, I got the Undercover Flex from the guys at Auto Truck Depot. It was basically the exact same as the Bakflip, but hundreds less. Im still happy with it on my 2nd gen taco.
    thanks! i’ll look into that brand.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    bus

Undercover also comes with a 3 year warranty while bakflip only has two.

My Ride
    Accord 6-6, Tacoma

I couldn't be happier with a tacoma. Until last summer, i had a full size Nissan Titian, but with no more need for pulling massive loads, and a V8, i sold it, and went for economy going with the 2.7L 2 wd 4 banger. Makes 27 in the city and 37mpg on the hiway. Also, the interior materials are far better to that of the Titan and G35 i have....never buying another nissan product ever again. Never had any issues with the Toyota, it's awesome, and drives that way imo
    Honda/Acura guy

My Ride
    17 Tacoma trd OR

we ended up with a the 4-door trd off-road with the 5’ bed. the dealer included running boards and upgraded the cloth seats to black leather with red stitching (pretty stoked about that!). thanks for your guys’ input!

looking for a hard tonneau cover now, and the bakflip mx4 seems to be pretty good, but sort of pricey. any other more economical alternatives? thanks again!

Good choice. That combo will be the most sought after package down the road when you go to sell. I have the same truck and it was basically timing and luck that got me the truck as dealers in my region were sold out and my closest dealer couldn’t be bothered to try and find me one.

This is my 3rd taco so I may be biased but I find the Tacoma superior in almost every way to the competition (except maybe for the ZR2). As others have said, Frontier is dated and I can’t stand sitting in GM interiors. 5 years down the road you will be glad yo7 went Tacoma
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Also, if he donkey kicks, you donkey punch!

My Ride
    17 Tacoma trd OR

Let’s get some Tacoma pics going here’s mine

That’s an undercover flex, it fits flush, install was super easy and completely bolt on, which is why I went with the flex.
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Also, if he donkey kicks, you donkey punch!

My Ride
    Tacoma and a motorized toboggan

Hey nj2Type-S were you able to get the dealer to discount at all if so would you be willing to share what they were able to give you as a discount?
    I think I have made my mind up that I will be buying a Tacoma in the near future but I am waiting to see if there will be any savings with the red Tag sale.

Have my eye on a holdover 2017 TRD sport double cab if there is no discounts to be found on the 2018's.

My Ride
    09 Cayman, 14' Tacoma,09' Ninja 250, 82' XV920

It seems like the prices have been increased on the 3rd Gen. Iirc my 2nd gen (2014) was 46k but was lifted and had 33” tires and a few other upgrades. I love it though, it always works. I recently did a suspension overhaul replacing the Toyotec coilovers with Fox 2.5’s. The Toyotecs don’t last if you’re thinking of getting it lifted.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

I also have a TRD OR double cab. I think it's the sweet spot in the lineup as far as equipment goes.

Got a cheap Pro grille replica right away too.

Last edited by Aleks; 03-12-2018 at 08:14 AM.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

we ended up with a the 4-door trd off-road with the 5’ bed. the dealer included running boards and upgraded the cloth seats to black leather with red stitching (pretty stoked about that!).
    Think that's the best thing you could have gotten for the 5 foot bed. Having the OR capability vs the chrome on the limited..you've come out ahead. While i wish i had the OR vs the Sport, i've never once needed the locking diff

My Ride
    Upass

I will be picking up my 18 Sport DCSB this weekend. Was debating to wait for RedTag deals as well but they gave me invoice plus $600(doc fee, Amiv, AC, Tire tax) so I took the deal now. Not sure how much truth there is to this but they said they wouldn't give this deal outside of Jan-March when business isn't slow.

Also if you are planning on leasing you can put $5500 down (MSD - Multiple Security Deposits) they will knock off 1.5% on the interest rate. This is not a down payment, its fully refunded to you at the end of the lease as long as their is no damages (doesn't matter if you buy it out). If you buy out your lease, the full amount goes towards the buy out price. You save around $500/year on interest so you're getting ~9% return on your money. It's supposed to be 0.15% off for every monthly payment you make in advance up to 10 payments but they just told me $5500 for 1.5% off.

I originally wanted the Offroad but it doesn't come with the stick in the double cab so I went with the Sport. My last 2 vehicles had a locking rear diff and I never touched it once. But not going to lie, if we got the manual in the offroad like in the states I would have gotten the offroad.

Quote Originally Posted by 13TTFX4 View Post
    Hey nj2Type-S were you able to get the dealer to discount at all if so would you be willing to share what they were able to give you as a discount?
    I think I have made my mind up that I will be buying a Tacoma in the near future but I am waiting to see if there will be any savings with the red Tag sale.

Have my eye on a holdover 2017 TRD sport double cab if there is no discounts to be found on the 2018's.
    Last edited by Nav13; 03-12-2018 at 10:59 AM.

My Ride
    13 AUDI A4, 14 TUNDRA SR5, 12 VW GOLF TDI

2017 TRD offroad dcsb by dongwoo shin

2017 TRD offroad dcsb by dongwoo shin

Picked up mine on Feb 24th and it's a perfect truck for my use(Occasional furniture/equipment hauling, towing a small trailer)
    As for the toneau cover, I order the cheap hard cover one from Costco and it's pretty good quality and bolt right on to the bed.

For anyone looking at the Trifold hard tonneaus, i would highly recommend getting one where you dont have to open it to close your tail gate. I almost bought the undercover flex but the guy showed me that in order to close your tail gate you have to open the last panel(even if you didnt need it open), close your tail gate and then drop the open panel. I know this is a total first world problem but after opening and closing my tail gate without having to open the last panel on the tonneau for the last month theres no way i could consider having to do that each time.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13TTFX4 View Post

the msrp including all the taxes and fees on the toyota.ca site comes up to $47.5k. i got mine for $47 all-in. what the dealership included are: oem running boards, upgraded cloth seats to katzkin black leather, lifetime oil change.

to be honest, i'm not sure how much the katzkin leather upgrade actually cost, but yeah...we decided to pull the trigger on it.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

which dealer you end up going with?

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    which dealer you end up going with?
    ended up going with canyon creek. south pointe gave me almost a similar quote, though.

My Ride
    LNF

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    I almost bought the undercover flex but the guy showed me that in order to close your tail gate you have to open the last panel(even if you didnt need it open), close your tail gate and then drop the open panel.
    I think I did that for the first month of ownership with my Undercover Flex. Have not done it since and I have never had an issue with the rubber seal or anything.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    I think I did that for the first month of ownership with my Undercover Flex. Have not done it since and I have never had an issue with the rubber seal or anything.
    Same here. Theres just enough room for it not to rub or be any issue. I like the fact that its pretty hard to open from the outside too with a locked tailgate, so adds a bit of security.

My Ride
    Silverado

The new version of the flex that doesn't require to lift the cover before closing the tail gate

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast