Quantcast
City charter, prepare for lower speed limits. Implementing April 2021 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: City charter, prepare for lower speed limits. Implementing April 2021

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't need a study, they talk about it for ten minutes, say oh think of the children, vote and it is done.
    I think you're forgetting about the very important feasibility study consultant committee that will require $5 million and make it a year long process before they make the decision.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

If it’s anything like the forced extended playground zones everywhere, compliance will be low, majority of drivers will be made into law breakers, easy target for revenue generation.

Phase 2 of the charter includes municipal taxation powers. I actually like the idea of fund raising this way, ie hospitality tax to pay for things that attract tourism, but knowing this council we’re going to be in for a cash grab to fuel their silly spending habits.

As for speedog, clearly you know I didn’t vote for these guys, not that my vote matters anyways. At least I don’t have a massive house so my muncipal contributions are barely above average.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    And Secondary Suites are a way of eroding traditional family homes to open the door for Marxism. You'll find other similar viewpoints at this guy's website: http://www.larryforcalgary.ca/

You're not complaining about lack of mobility. You're complaining about lack of mobility for cars. What good is promoting a single-form of transport for mobility if you can't afford a car (or don't want to own a car)? You want to limit people's freedom in choice of transportation, that's what controlling people is.
    Take edmonton: We have a net loss of transportation, so I'm saying it's a net loss of mobility. We have had no big revolution or evolution in transportation, while seeing populations increase, and at the same time roads shrinking. Our bus system in Edmonton is no more efficient then it was 15 years ago when I used it everyday. Going somewhere today takesjust as long if not longer than it did 15 years ago.

. Roads here are actually very similar for capacity going back to the 1970s, while our population has exploded since then.... except some roads are missing entire lanes for bikes or park benches, and some artery roads are locked off because old fucks didn't like traffic. Commuting to downtown used to take me 15 minutes and ballpark45 minutes on a good day. The government definitely has a strategy of let's make driving worse and worse until people look for other options, because that's easier than upgrading public transit.

Our lrt is a joke; no park and ride except for 2 stations and one has almost no stalls and you pay big for a parking pass. 1 decent upgrade and one minor upgrade to the system in 40 years but still not something i can use except in rare cases. These upgrades do not make up for the downgrading/handicapping of our road system

Biking; it's Edmonton and that means winter 8 months of the year so piss off city of Edmonton with that being a solution.

In Alberta mobility still means a car, because there is no decent alternative for most people and there won't be for a very long time. That is why I think we have ever increasing limits on ease mobility.

What do you mean only 2 stations have park and ride?

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If it’s anything like the forced extended playground zones everywhere, compliance will be low, majority of drivers will be made into law breakers, easy target for revenue generation.

Phase 2 of the charter includes municipal taxation powers. I actually like the idea of fund raising this way, ie hospitality tax to pay for things that attract tourism, but knowing this council we’re going to be in for a cash grab to fuel their silly spending habits.

As for speedog, clearly you know I didn’t vote for these guys, not that my vote matters anyways. At least I don’t have a massive house so my muncipal contributions are barely above average.
    Was just poking you, didn't vote for them either.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I would say a stretch for Hamptons Dr has seen traffic as fast as 90km/h and I would say average would be around 70km/h, and all they did is put up a flashing speed sign, I am not sure the enforcement is there anyway. Cops will still going to put unit for the best ROIs.

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    What do you mean only 2 stations have park and ride?
    The last stops are the only ones setup where you can park your car and ride to downtown without getting towed. Only the north end line has adequate parking.

People obviously have not seen the hundreds of people a day that will do a superslow U-turn at my neighborhood pokestop at all hours of the day and night.

Its funny because slow is "in".
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    People obviously have not seen the hundreds of people a day that will do a superslow U-turn at my neighborhood pokestop at all hours of the day and night.

Fuck there’s one of these in the Hamptons and I’ve seen as many as 25 people milling around just off the damn road near a park.

They're probably coming, lower residential speed limits that is - link.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

“The science is very, very clear that the biggest benefit to saving people’s lives is between 40 and 30 (km/h),” Nenshi said.
    I think the biggest benefit to saving people's lives is eduction to not go walking blindly into the road while staring at your phone, and to obey pedestrian traffic signals. But I guess that doesn't fill the coiffers with a "voluntary tax".

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

It's just part of his anti car agenda, Toma Gestalt is going to love it
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Most people already do 20-30km/h in neighborhoods, or continue at 20-30km/h without speeding back up after a school/playground zone. As much as I dislike this idea, I am quite sure I won't even notice it because it's already what most drivers seem to do.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Lame.

Let's find more ways to make driving in Calgary even more painful.

My Ride
    Grimace

Awesome. They can combine this with all the new lights they are installing near sherwood (Obviously terrible drivers) so it takes ten years to go anywhere. The people that speed are going to speed and the drivers that didn't would already be prudent about driving to their surroundings.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Most people already do 20-30km/h in neighborhoods, or continue at 20-30km/h without speeding back up after a school/playground zone. As much as I dislike this idea, I am quite sure I won't even notice it because it's already what most drivers seem to do.
    Areas with narrow roads and lots of on street parking, sure, zero difference. The problem here is that this blanket coverage will covers feeder routes as well. Basically everywhere with no speed limit signage. The idea is that it saves money by changing the current no signage blanket limit of 50km/h than to put up signs. Feeder roads like 19th St. NW or 5th Ave. NW becomes a 30km/h zone. On the extreme side, Kensington Road, unless they spend a ton of money putting up signage.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Unless there is a Ford Explorer parked on the side of the road... I will continue to do 60... just like I do on elbow now

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Areas with narrow roads and lots of on street parking, sure, zero difference. The problem here is that this blanket coverage will covers feeder routes as well. Basically everywhere with no speed limit signage. The idea is that it saves money by changing the current no signage blanket limit of 50km/h than to put up signs. Feeder roads like 19th St. NW or 5th Ave. NW becomes a 30km/h zone. On the extreme side, Kensington Road, unless they spend a ton of money putting up signage.
    They'll put up signage for those areas. City hall likes to spend money.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Maybe after a year of collecting ticket revenue.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast