Quantcast
YouTube Watch Channels - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: YouTube Watch Channels

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Default YouTube Watch Channels

Have you guys checked out Watchfinder & Co's channel? Recently found them while researching some watches and they are producing some high quality, and amazing videos. Their latest video has changed my holy grail watch to an A Lange & Söhne Datograph Perpetual...

Are there any other channels I should follow?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I'm more of a "get to the point" kinda guy so it's A Blog to Watch for me. I found myself skipping through a lot of the fluff in that video just to get to the details and features.

My Ride
    rally pig

yeah the production quality of watchfinders video are really good, surprise it doesnt get as many views but tbh i find their videos too technical and boring.

my favourite so far is bark and jacks, find the guy pretty down to earth, i enjoy urban gentry too but his videos can be bloody long.
    theo and harris and time teller are good time wasters although i find their personalities too pretentious.
    i also enjoy minitwatch as he enjoys modding and justbluewatch once in a while

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

I think that the Watchfinder channel is going to blow up really soon. Production quality is super high.

I'll check the recommendations, but there's one guy I can't stand. The guy who had sunglasses backwards on his head all the time. I've seen a couple of videos of him, and I want to slap them right off his head.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Question is ..

A. Lange or a new Porsche 911 ... lol
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

I didn't say it was a good idea or affordable, but them German's know how to make watches and cars.

My Ride
    Wristshots

Agreed on Watchfinder, the production quality of the videos are solid, they are great to watch and are informative without being boring. Though it might be nice to have the chap actually speak with someone else rather than giving a video essay or sorts. I’m not sure how many of you guys are aware, but Richemont recently acquired (or is in the process of acquiring) Watchfinder, so it will be interesting to see how that changes the content.

Bark & Jack is pretty solid. I’ve yet to watch anything from Justbluewatch or Time Teller, but T&H and Urban Gentry are definitely more pretentious than I care for.

The guy with the sunglasses resting on his head is Tim Mosso from Watchbox (formerly WatchUWant, still owned by Govberg). He definitely has a good breadth of knowledge when it comes to watches, but he seems so smug and condescending in his interactions with most other people - his first few videos with the “rich-kid-owner” of Govberg are funny to watch as they both try to one-up each other, then Tim starts to suck-up to him. There’s an old WatchUWant video of Tim and Ariel Adams which is nicely awkward. It’s kind of a shame that Tim gets so much face time over there, some of the other guys have much better chemistry and would appear to be more relatable to most watch enthusiasts/collectors.

ABlogtoWatch cuts straight to the point and is informative, as Derrick says, and a couple of the personalities there seem pretty cool, but I am not a fan of Ariel Adams. He’s good enough at spewing out facts, and much of the older ABTW/ABTR content was just that, but I don’t enjoy watching videos where he lets his personality show. He also admittedly never gives a “negative” watch review; granted, much of the judgement is subjective, but always giving glowing reviews makes for boring reading.

Federico Talks Watches has a lot of potential... The guy is a genuine collector and he has solid industry experience. I personally find that the videos aren’t terribly informative, entertaining or engaging. Have any of you guys given him a go?

Crown & Caliber’s Watch Stories series is quite enjoyable, if similar to Hodinkee’s Talking Watches, but the videos are infrequent in being released.

Watch & Listen with Matt Farah & Cameron Weiss is not bad. I don’t mind Farah when he’s doing his Smoking Tire thing, but he’s a tad annoying in this series. For a guy who knows as little as he does, he talks over Weiss far too much and too often; he prattles on endlessly without saying anything of consequence. In most episodes, he’ll actually pass off incorrect statements as facts as well. In spite of this, I do enjoy hearing what Weiss has to say, and they do have some interesting guests & topics. Has anyone else tried this one?

I hate to sound like a fanboy, but some of the best watch content that is being out is still coming from Hodinkee. Talking Watches is perhaps a little inconsistent as of late, but I still make a point to watch these videos as soon as I can. Friday Live was also even better, but I guess it couldn’t be sustained due to production costs/efforts. I’m excited to see how Hodinkee Radio goes as far as podcasts are concerned, the first three episodes were just released today.

With that said, my favourite media content on watches would have to be the Grey NATO podcast. It’s an absolutely smashing intersect of tool watches, the activities that (used to) necessitate them, and watches/gear in general.