Quantcast
2018 Hungarian Grand Prix - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Hungarian Grand Prix

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default 2018 Hungarian Grand Prix

It needs to rain every race. Most entertaining Q1 in years.

Edit - Q2 and Q3 as well.

Hamilton is untouchable in the rain.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    XT6

Watched it a little late.

Can we all agree Vandoorne is a turd and overhyped.

Hamilton lead a masterclass, Torohonda was top of class as well - Hartley finally woke up.

Max was sleeping at the wheel thought he should have had a genuine shot at pole given the conditions.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Man I really thought an RB in Hungary, in the rain, would have been a walk in the park for Verstappen. RB had an awful Qualifying, when I expected them to be 1/2 or at worst, 3/4.

Sainz was on it today. Great showing from him, especially with all the rumours swirling.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Goombaaa!!!

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Whats going on with Force India..?

Name:  59497022.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  83.9 KB

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It’s going to be Force Canada.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If renault/mclaren/williams let them

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

So to recap this weekend from my perspective...

Quali was crazy! The cars were out there for so long and making race-time pitstops, switching from tire to tire to try out different strategies. Crazy crazy action. Loved every minute of it.

Race was pretty boring, until the last 10 laps. Bottas showed how overhyped he really is. The Mercedes wingman comments were pretty spot on IMO, without him plugging up 2nd Lewis likely wouldn't have gotten away like that. And WTF was up with him at the end? 2 at fault collisions in the span of a few laps? Why arent the critics comming out and calling his Crashbottas or something dumb like that. Had it been any other driver the pits would have been up in arms.

This race only echoes my comments from earlier this season. These cars just simply cant follow each other closely and thats really ruining some fun non-DRS overtakes.

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    So to recap this weekend from my perspective...

Quali was crazy! The cars were out there for so long and making race-time pitstops, switching from tire to tire to try out different strategies. Crazy crazy action. Loved every minute of it.

Race was pretty boring, until the last 10 laps. Bottas showed how overhyped he really is. The Mercedes wingman comments were pretty spot on IMO, without him plugging up 2nd Lewis likely wouldn't have gotten away like that. And WTF was up with him at the end? 2 at fault collisions in the span of a few laps? Why arent the critics comming out and calling his Crashbottas or something dumb like that. Had it been any other driver the pits would have been up in arms.

This race only echoes my comments from earlier this season. These cars just simply cant follow each other closely and thats really ruining some fun non-DRS overtakes.
    So will next year's area changes fix the non-DRS passing situation and allow them to get closer to each other?
    Will fuck off, again.

Danny Ric to Renault, I'm kinda sad as I have zero confidence in the team. Kinda feel like it will end up like an "Alonso to McLaren" decision, optimistic at best.

https://www.renaultsport.com/daniel-...from-2019.html

Before last weekend, everybody thought Ocon will be at Renault but it seems they got it all wrong. The question now is who gets the open seat to Red Bull. Will they get Sainz back or are they going to promote Gasly? Or will they get a more experienced guy like Raikkonen (if Ferrari decides to promote Leclerc) to partner Max? This has just got exciting.

My Ride
    golfR

Could be Sainz to McLaren, Alonso to Indy, and Gasly to RedBull. Lando to TR.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I’m also predicting Alonso going to Indy in a McLaren/Andretti car. This year might be a stretch, but next year for sure. He seems to care about this triple crown thing. Can’t see Alonso heading to Ferrari as rumored since McLaren is doing everything to keep him happy outside of F1.

Calgary is set for an IndyCar round in 2020. Street course running through Stampede grounds. Alonso racing here would be crazy.

My Ride
    golfR

With the Sainz to McLaren rumours, I thought for sure Ocon had Renault in the bag.
    RBR has been courting Lando and he could be exchanged(loaned?) for Sainz in case Alonso leaves.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    So will next year's area changes fix the non-DRS passing situation and allow them to get closer to each other?
    Time will tell. That is their goal anyways.

My Ride
    95B

Looks like it is a done deal,
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula-one/45105296

My Ride
    XT6

I’m also predicting Alonso going to Indy in a McLaren/Andretti car. This year might be a stretch, but next year for sure. He seems to care about this triple crown thing. Can’t see Alonso heading to Ferrari as rumored since McLaren is doing everything to keep him happy outside of F1.

Calgary is set for an IndyCar round in 2020. Street course running through Stampede grounds. Alonso racing here would be crazy.
    Alonso would be insane not to throw his hat in the ring for Ricardo’s seat. It would be interesting to hear that discussion but I can only imagine Honda would veto it in some way.

He is only interested in those other series because he can’t land a drive with the top teams.

Alonso on a one year contract, would be a perfect measuring stick for Max and leave the door open for Gasly the following year who in my view needs another year to develop.

Max will likely veto Sainz and I can’t see RB wiling to rock the boat against their clear #1.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    Danny Ric to Renault, I'm kinda sad as I have zero confidence in the team. Kinda feel like it will end up like an "Alonso to McLaren" decision, optimistic at best.

https://www.renaultsport.com/daniel-...from-2019.html
    Why...? Better than a Honda engine no..?

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler_Racing View Post
    Alonso would be insane not to throw his hat in the ring for Ricardo’s seat. It would be interesting to hear that discussion but I can only imagine Honda would veto it in some way.

He is only interested in those other series because he can’t land a drive with the top teams.

Alonso on a one year contract, would be a perfect measuring stick for Max and leave the door open for Gasly the following year who in my view needs another year to develop.
    I have also considered that scenario... even if Honda doesn't veto it, Horner has in the past said that Alonso cause chaos wherever he’s gone... so I thought it is unlikely he'll be at RBR. Vettel caused chaos when he was at Red Bull as well, but Horner was OK with it when they were winning all those championships.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Why...? Better than a Honda engine no..?
    I think there is little between the Renault and Honda engines. If it were a Ferrari or Benz, it would be a no brainer. Red Bull with Honda engines should still be ahead of Renault next year.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

To me Alonson just kind of seems done with F1, the small group of the same people, the same 'drama', the same politics, etc. I feel like he just wants to use the connections he has in the teams now to be allowed to go racing elsewhere. McLaren seems happy to let him do that. I'd be surprised if he went. Kind of like that guy at your work who is pretty good at his job but still hates it. If I am right, I could see him moving to Haas or something with that sort reach.

However my people reading skills are known to be sub-par.
    Cos...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast