Quantcast
The Vaults - Luxury Secured Storage - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Vaults - Luxury Secured Storage

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Thanks for all of the information. I live in a condo downtown with two underground parking spots and I don't want to give up the condo, but I need more room. Add in that I split my time between here and the US, and that when I'm "based" out of here for part of the year, I'm actually traveling, it seemed like a good idea, especially if it was going to be very secure.

I'll keep digging and hopefully get some more information when they get serious about building locally.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

So a buddy of mine did some checking and apparently, the guy that does the vaults developments pretty much has the land picked out (i guess working on securing it) in Winnipeg. He will be forwarding all the details of it once he has it.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Jlude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for all of the information. I live in a condo downtown with two underground parking spots and I don't want to give up the condo, but I need more room. Add in that I split my time between here and the US, and that when I'm "based" out of here for part of the year, I'm actually traveling, it seemed like a good idea, especially if it was going to be very secure.

I'll keep digging and hopefully get some more information when they get serious about building locally.
    Why not buy a rental property with a decent garage, rent the house and keep the garage for your toys. I built a 4 car garage at my rental, I keep half the garage and rent out the other half separate. Another buddy with an extensive Porsche collection did similar, he lived in St. Andrews Heights where he had storage for some cars but also had a rental down the hill in Parkdale. He built a big 3 car garage, vaulted ceilings and 2 hoists for wrenching or additional storage if needed. Probably a bit safer from an investment stand point as well, not to mention you could have a property much closer to downtown for convenience.
    Last edited by 90_Shelby; 10-03-2018 at 10:00 PM.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

If this will be in Winnipeg you guys do know we’re probably now talk half the price, right?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Like you said, all they need are the folks in Mt Royal, and all the little secret rich ppl communities like bel-aire that only have 2-3-4 car garages. There are plenty of baller houses in calgary with limited parking to support a place like this. It sounds like you do get it, you just aren't in the target demographic haha.
    I wouldn't say I'm not the target demo. I'm just cheap.

Displaying my wealth/purchasing power has never been important to me. I could budget ball beyond style if I wanted to, but I'd rather burn my cash racing. Different strokes, different folks.

To be clear, I absolutely looked into purchasing one in Edmonton, Blackfalds, and Red Deer. Just from a pure economics perspective, even if richy rich, it doesn't make any sense. Now, from a completely "I got money and I'll do whatever the f*&k I want perspective", sure, I guess it can make sense.

JLude actually DOES sound like the perfect candidate for this. I'd just be scared of losing money for no good reason, its definitely not an investment (or at least, a good one). Leasing one may be more appropriate?

My Ride
    Lease

Did you look into buying these to flip it for a quick buck? Or use it?

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post

Displaying my wealth/purchasing power has never been important to me. I could budget ball beyond style if I wanted to, but I'd rather burn my cash racing. Different strokes, different folks.

To be clear, I absolutely looked into purchasing one in Edmonton, Blackfalds, and Red Deer. Just from a pure economics perspective, even if richy rich, it doesn't make any sense. Now, from a completely "I got money and I'll do whatever the f*&k I want perspective", sure, I guess it can make sense.

JLude actually DOES sound like the perfect candidate for this. I'd just be scared of losing money for no good reason, its definitely not an investment (or at least, a good one). Leasing one may be more appropriate?
    You like the food but you don't have to buy the restaurant. Leasing makes a lot of sense.

It's like my condo, moved into it for a girl, even after the breakup and trying to sell now, it'll still cost me $100k (paid 583, sell 500, 20 realtor fees, walk with 480) whereas the house I sold is still the same price.

You are right, there's no sense in *losing* money when you don't have to.

JLude is a total B0$$ now so it's just a way for him to spend some unlike the rest of us

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    Why not buy a rental property with a decent garage, rent the house and keep the garage for your toys. I built a 4 car garage at my rental, I keep half the garage and rent out the other half separate. Another buddy with an extensive Porsche collection did similar, he lived in St. Andrews Heights where he had storage for some cars but also had a rental down the hill in Parkdale. He built a big 3 car garage, vaulted ceilings and 2 hoists for wrenching or additional storage if needed. Probably a bit safer from an investment stand point as well, not to mention you could have a property much closer to downtown for convenience.
    I don't think that would work for me. It's a good solution, but I would rather have the privacy of my own unit as I'll have my summer cars stored there.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    So a buddy of mine did some checking and apparently, the guy that does the vaults developments pretty much has the land picked out (i guess working on securing it) in Winnipeg. He will be forwarding all the details of it once he has it.
    Can you share any information?

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    If this will be in Winnipeg you guys do know we’re probably now talk half the price, right?
    Not half, but definitely cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post

I am definitely not just looking to piss money away, but if I see value in something, I don't really worry about the resale value of it. The alternative of buying/building a larger home with a 4+ car garage isn't really possible at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    You like the food but you don't have to buy the restaurant. Leasing makes a lot of sense.

It's like my condo, moved into it for a girl, even after the breakup and trying to sell now, it'll still cost me $100k (paid 583, sell 500, 20 realtor fees, walk with 480) whereas the house I sold is still the same price.

You are right, there's no sense in *losing* money when you don't have to.

JLude is a total B0$$ now so it's just a way for him to spend some unlike the rest of us
    Agreed in that there's no sense in losing money, but I definitely like to own things. I'm sure it's financially been to a fault, but that's a topic for another thread

Just so it's clear, I'm not writing a blank cheque for one of these units, I'm just looking for additional information. I like the idea of having one, since I live in a condo and only have two spaces, and my soon to be wife likes to buy stupid shit that I need to put somewhere that I cannot see on a daily basis.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Not yet. They are playing it close to the chest still until they have the land agreement in place I am assuming.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 02:42 PM.

My Ride
    2011 Chrarger, 2018 F150

If oil was up there in price, wonder if O&G companies would pick one or two units up. You could design it for execs that need to travel up for meetings and such. It gives the company a extra space or two which they could use or even drop a vehicle for the folks who would be using the condo. Wonder if you could Airbnb the unit to cover your expenses.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

This isn't a good solution for oil companies at any price. Several of them keep extra vehicles at thier downtown headquarters, and the real big shots almost never drive themselves anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    NC1

I don't think that would work for me. It's a good solution, but I would rather have the privacy of my own unit as I'll have my summer cars stored there.

Not half, but definitely cheaper.

I am definitely not just looking to piss money away, but if I see value in something, I don't really worry about the resale value of it. The alternative of buying/building a larger home with a 4+ car garage isn't really possible at the moment.

Agreed in that there's no sense in losing money, but I definitely like to own things. I'm sure it's financially been to a fault, but that's a topic for another thread

Just so it's clear, I'm not writing a blank cheque for one of these units, I'm just looking for additional information. I like the idea of having one, since I live in a condo and only have two spaces, and my soon to be wife likes to buy stupid shit that I need to put somewhere that I cannot see on a daily basis.
    Well bro, I have two parking spots in Eau Claire for sale that comes with a nice view and 2rooms

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/S...P0X2-Chinatown

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Well bro, I have two parking spots in Eau Claire for sale that comes with a nice view and 2rooms

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/S...P0X2-Chinatown
    2 parking spots, 2 rooms, unit 2222 in building 222. That is a fuck ton of 2s lol

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    2 parking spots, 2 rooms, unit 2222 in building 222. That is a fuck ton of 2s lol
    Lived in by 2 adults, with 2 cats

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 02:41 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Not yet. They are playing it close to the chest still until they have the land agreement in place I am assuming.
    Sounds like some progress has been made:

I talked to the developer two days ago in Calgary and he is looking for industrial land along Mcgillivray Blvd in the south end. Nothing is finalized though.

My Ride
    *The First*

Has no one mentioned STASH on the outskirts of Okotoks?
    Same thing, non?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Has no one mentioned STASH on the outskirts of Okotoks?
    Same thing, non?
    Stick vs concrete... but same concept

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Stick vs concrete... but same concept
    And it's built and currently selling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast