Quantcast
Negotiating on New Vehicle Purchase - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Negotiating on New Vehicle Purchase

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I realized I cant afford to buy jack shit and in the worst case scenario im buying a second hand Corolla. fml.
    I have no idea how you guys buy new shit.
    Tony, that's true for a huge number of people. Good for you for doing the math beforehand and being honest with yourself. Drive that used Corolla with pride man, that's a smart guys car.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by Clever View Post
    I learned this the hard way when I bought my first truck, I even posted about it here on Beyond. Long story short, I found a truck at a local dealership, made an offer, put a deposit. I find out later that day they had better trimmed trucks for the same price at their lot. I tried to renegotiate but they were not willing to budge, I walked away, found another truck from an out of town dealer where I eventually bought from.The local dealer tried to keep my deposit, AMVIC got involved, then I got my deposit back. As an aside the local dealer did try to make things right, by trying to match the offer but by that time it was too late.
    curious how you were able to get the deposit back considering you had a signed offer? feel free to link to the thread if it was answered there.

My Ride
    NC1

I need a 2019 base VW golf black or white or grey in automatic, no options, which one of you wanna negotiate for me? I want to lease 0 down.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Hire a hooker, find the youngest looking sales rep, get her to show the goods...great deal no problem.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    For example when I bought my GF's Honda, the only dealers that would entertain email negotiations were Okotoks and Airdrie.
    We purchased a used Honda Fit from Okotoks Honda and they were actually pretty good to deal with. After initially going in they negotiated with us via email which was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    We purchased a used Honda Fit from Okotoks Honda and they were actually pretty good to deal with. After initially going in they negotiated with us via email which was nice.
    I bought my other car from them too as they were the best price by a mile, showed me the CCC report so I didn't have to buy it, BEAT my requested price, and did not play any games. On top of all that they paid me exactly what I was going to list my trade-in on Kijiji for - I went in with no intention whatsoever to give them my old car. They also don't even have an admin fee you have to argue about. If you're buying a Honda anyway, they are a pretty safe choice. Airdrie was OK but couldn't get to my price. Almost every Calgary dealer was awful, claimed they would lose money basically anything under full MSRP, had $400 admin fees, etc. Honda West was by far the worst with their "no commission" employees LOL. I literally saved a few thousand dollars just by going to Okotoks on a relatively cheap car to begin with.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Tony, that's true for a huge number of people. Good for you for doing the math beforehand and being honest with yourself. Drive that used Corolla with pride man, that's a smart guys car.
    Im still waiting for my Zonda to die...its doing a Keith Richards...

It is interesting seeing the negotiating tactics.
    I wonder, how many have actually gone and bought a vehicle from outside of Calgary?

I wonder, how many have actually gone and bought a vehicle from outside of Calgary?
    I think quite a few as long as you're including Airdrie, Okotoks, High River. Edmonton and further, probably a lot less. It's surprising how much people will pay to avoid putting in the tiniest bit of effort, let alone driving to Edmonton.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I think quite a few as long as you're including Airdrie, Okotoks, High River. Edmonton and further, probably a lot less. It's surprising how much people will pay to avoid putting in the tiniest bit of effort, let alone driving to Edmonton.
    There had always been a big ad campaign in Edmonton with the jingle "Cars cost less in Wetaskiwin!" and I think they do. It's a short drive from Edmonton and the are a pile of car dealerships there.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Just helped the girl negotiate a 4yr 24k kms/yr lease on a 2018 X1... went from $2k up front, $3k underwater on trade, $620/month at 2.99% on an essentials package to only first month payment up front, $1k underwater on trade, $600/month at 0.99% with wear and tear protection on a premium package... think we did okay, that’s what? A $5k swing? was also texting Bavarian in edm and they couldn’t make it worth the drive up. Took a couple weeks though. I think that’s the key. Not NEEDING a new car ASAP
    Last edited by ercchry; 02-05-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    There had always been a big ad campaign in Edmonton with the jingle "Cars cost less in Wetaskiwin!" and I think they do. It's a short drive from Edmonton and the are a pile of car dealerships there.
    Sounds like that is the Okotoks/Airdrie equivalent for Edmonton, so that sounds about right.

Im still waiting for my Zonda to die...its doing a Keith Richards...

It is interesting seeing the negotiating tactics.

Well I'm one of the many beyonders who got a VW off Ryan when he was in Red Deer. I almost bought a Lexus from YEG before I changed my mind and want the R more. Lexus up there was giving prices over e-mail and being straight up, blowing away yyc dealers. And as for the VWs in YYC they were all pumping way over MSP for the Golf R, Ryan made that a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I've never dealt with them directly. But from what I have heard, it's not much cheaper. But customers go there expecting the cheapest that they don't even shop around and are ready to buy. Sounds like more of a branding move then an actual deal. But like I said, I have no direct experience myself to verify.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    Well I'm one of the many beyonders who got a VW off Ryan when he was in Red Deer. I almost bought a Lexus from YEG before I changed my mind and want the R more. Lexus up there was giving prices over e-mail and being straight up, blowing away yyc dealers. And as for the VWs in YYC they were all pumping way over MSP for the Golf R, Ryan made that a no brainer.
    Buying my R from Ryan was the single best car buying experience I ever had. Too bad he's no longer there...

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Oddly enough, when we were buying (through the company) an SRT8 Cherokee we simply ran the purchase like we would a typical job. We set the spec of the vehicle required and sent it out to Tender to 4 (I think) dealers. 3 submitted a cost and we bought it from the winner. It actually worked really well.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    Buying my R from Ryan was the single best car buying experience I ever had. Too bad he's no longer there...
    But maybe he can get deals on a Supra haha.

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    My only complaint with that dealer was that they wouldn't get rid of the Admin fee - as a result my brother ended up buying locally. The experience was great but they couldn't match a dealer willing to rid of the Admin fee (or hide it in a way that didn't affect the agreed upon purchase price).

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    curious how you were able to get the deposit back considering you had a signed offer? feel free to link to the thread if it was answered there.
    The thread was from 2016, there was too much inconsistencies with the whole transaction, also the “offer sheet” I signed was not the financing agreement. AMVIC made the initial inquiry with the dealership after I provided them with supporting documents showing what transpired at the dealership, they then released the deposit before a full investigation happened.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Sounds like the local dealers here KNOW that people emailing them, are willing to go out of town, and then choose to ignore them.

They probably get enough dumb people who are willing to not save thousands - to not bother with those who actually will.

My Ride
    NC1

Why sell it for cheaper if you can sell it for more lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast