Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
I just don't consider a border guard to be an expert on registration and insurance validation from a foreign country. Maybe I'm wrong. And, there's another member saying "it's completely invalid".
So let's weigh the risks. Assuming everything in your favor and it's fully valid but you get a State Trooper who is not convinced that the paper sticker means shit - Best, best case scenario your car is impounded for at least a day in a foreign country and you're charged with some pretty shitty violations while you scramble to get someone from Alberta Transport (or whatever they're called) to connect with that police detachment and clarify. Sweet! Just what everyone wants on a long journey!
More realistically, that scenario results in you finding a way home from ______ in a foreign country and getting to return months later for a court date to successfully get your car back and beat however many charges. Sweeter!
And that's if you're right.
Let's not even think about if you're wrong.
I'm with this guy. Adding complication to a process that is unnecessary.

Ever been in a holding cell at the US/CAN border being told, "I'm leaving the door open for you. You're free to go but your vehicle is being impounded here until you can prove all the details and questions to our satisfaction."??
Pick a different trip to tour the USA with your new vehicle.