Quantcast
What to buy next thread again.... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What to buy next thread again....

My Ride
    Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just ensure the rear facing is behind the passenger/middle spots?

There's no way we could put our rear facing in our RDX behind me, but my wife's a shrimp so it goes behind her seat. By the time we need to put a second one in, we should be able to flip it around for front facing and put it behind me (unlikely we'll keep our first kid rear facing til she's 4).
    Haven't tried it to be certain, but I don't think the Diono would fit rear facing in the middle spot without interfering with the driver's seat.
    I've got a really petite 3 year old, she'll probably be rear facing until she's 5 I don't know OP's situation given that he mentioned either 1 or 2 rear facing, but I wouldn't let the car be the deciding factor.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    Haven't tried it to be certain, but I don't think the Diono would fit rear facing in the middle spot without interfering with the driver's seat.
    I've got a really petite 3 year old, she'll probably be rear facing until she's 5 I don't know OP's situation given that he mentioned either 1 or 2 rear facing, but I wouldn't let the car be the deciding factor.
    Yeah, can't comment on other cars. I just know the RDX is puny in the backseat, and we tested the rear facing diono in the middle spot - it works in our car with no interference on the drivers seat.

Regardless, agree that the car shouldn't be the deciding factor.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by s2k_boi View Post
    @blitz That combo fits in which car?
    You should try it in yours, might save you having to buy a new vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroGravity View Post
    Before considering getting a new vehicle, I would look into narrower car seat first. This website list some combinations of car seats + car where it is possible to fit 3 across.

https://www.thecarcrashdetective.com...at-guide-html/

All facing the same direction would probably take up the most space. With three across installations, only the outboard seats can be installed using the UAS. The middle one will need to use the seatbelt.
    Every time we see one of these threads, no one EVER tries to buy different carseats to make their existing vehicle work. Which leads me to believe it's just an excuse to get a new car.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by s2k_boi View Post
    @blitz That combo fits in which car?
    @rage2 If I'm not mistaken, I think you had 3 car seats in a GLA?
    Nope. one seat, one booster, with oldest sitting in between. Tight squeeze once older started bulking up.

I've got 2 out of boosters now, with 1 about to graduate to a booster w/back. It's almost over!

edit - note that the GLA45 I had the optional AMG recarros, which gave an extra 1-2" of legroom. It would be a really tight fit with OEM seats.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    G05

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Yeah, can't comment on other cars. I just know the RDX is puny in the backseat, and we tested the rear facing diono in the middle spot - it works in our car with no interference on the drivers seat.

Regardless, agree that the car shouldn't be the deciding factor.

The car won't be the deciding factor. I've already taken steps to find the most narrow car seats available. I know my kids will be 1 forward facing and 1 rear facing. My niece is undecided as she's kind of inbetween and won't know for a bit here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    You should try it in yours, might save you having to buy a new vehicle.

Every time we see one of these threads, no one EVER tries to buy different carseats to make their existing vehicle work. Which leads me to believe it's just an excuse to get a new car.
    We tried an A4 to fit 3 car seats but it didn't work so that is why I haven't tried mine yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    Do you have any concern about your seating position with all the car seats installed? My wife has an A4 and it would be unbearable to have a rear facing seat behind me when driving. I'm a short legged 5'10. We are looking for something bigger when our second child arrives.
    Not an issue. Wife is short. So the rear facing will be behind her seat - the Diono does take quite a bit of room though and we got the angle adjuster for it. I currently have a bucket seat behind me as our oldest will convert to forward facing in a couple of months here. I did have to move it up an inch or so but it's not bad as I'm 5'11
    Last edited by s2k_boi; 03-12-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2