Quantcast
Why cant Assange sneak out? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why cant Assange sneak out?

Default Why cant Assange sneak out?

Are there people on duty 24/7 waiting outside to grab him? or does he have to go thru some sort of security to leave the embassy?

He couldnt have had a disguise delivered from ebay by now? Or hired a helicopter to pick him up on the roof? Its been over 5 yrs now - he could have tunneled out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018...epression-bad/

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

If you were Assange, would you trust that the helicopter isn't a secret FBI team?

I wouldn't.

All conspiracy type theories apply in the case of Assange imo.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Warrant from Sweden is gone. Warrant from UK for skipping bail for the Sweden thing still exists. UK does exit checks so he would have been napped at the border even if sneak out of the embassy.

Ecuador try to turn him into diplomat but UK won't recognize it.

For America, this is probably one of the best outcome. Torturing him without spending a dime.

I've left Canada multiple times without ever going thru a border crossing. And coming back for that matter.

He's surrounded by water.
    Last edited by Supa Dexta; 01-26-2018 at 12:42 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Supa Dexta View Post
    I've left Canada multiple times without ever going thru a border crossing. And coming back for that matter.

He's surrounded by water.
    Any other means would be illegal. I would assume Assange want to do this legally so they don't pile on other charges to get him arrested and extradited to US.

Especially the amount of CCTVs in UK, I would assume someone, somewhere is watching all cameras surrounding the embassy 24x7.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

The problem is how do you get out of London without being spotted by CCTV?

If he runs out and takes the tube, that travel card is linked by a credit card. If he pays cash he will be followed every step of the way by CCTV anways.
    A car is useless as the CCTV has numberplate recognition and its directly linked in live time to the Police network. He can trying biking...but yeah.. CCTV.

If he does get out, how does he get off an Island? He can do a "the one that got away' and jump on a neutral ship at a port. Thats the start of the problem. Police might be two steps behind but they can trace his movements by CCTV. Then pass the info to the Americans who will probably send a aircraft carrier with all guns blazing to intercept the ship.

Yeah,... he is buggered.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Why would he leave? If he stays he's safe. If he tries to sneak out there's a high chance of someone selling him out, him getting caught, another country trying to extradite him, etc. He's staying and hoping that one day he'll get cleared and walk free. If he escapes that never happens.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Why would he leave? If he stays he's safe. If he tries to sneak out there's a high chance of someone selling him out, him getting caught, another country trying to extradite him, etc. He's staying and hoping that one day he'll get cleared and walk free. If he escapes that never happens.
    Because he's going crazy stuck at the embassy. At least prison got time out in the yard.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Technically, another nation COULD send a diplomat to him with a vehicle with diplomatic plates and pick him up. That vehicle with those plates are considered soverign territory of the country it belongs to, and can travel around. What happens inside said vehicle is not subject to the laws of the land it is currently in, instead however, sunject to the laws of the owning nation.

So this vehicle COULD pick him up at the embassy, drive him to a similarly set up private charter plane or helicopter, and fly him out of the country to another without being subjected to the local laws.

At least this was what was explained to me (as i understood it) by a colleague of my fathers who was a Bangladesh diplomat to Canada.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Because he's going crazy stuck at the embassy. At least prison got time out in the yard.
    And not allowed access to the internet. He must be reading a lot of books lately That would be awful.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Why doesn't he have a body double go visit him and, then makeup himself to appear like Assange, while Assange, looking like the incoming body double, leave the premises? The body double, then pursued and arrested, say within 15 minutes, could give Assange time to escape into whatever vehicle he wanted to.

They literally have teams going over these scenarios on secure networks. There are other reasons they aren't mentioning, why hes staying put. There is something else going on.

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

Assange was assassinated in 2011 and it’s been nothing BUT body doubles since then. Wake up people!

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Why doesn't he have a body double go visit him and, then makeup himself to appear like Assange, while Assange, looking like the incoming body double, leave the premises? The body double, then pursued and arrested, say within 15 minutes, could give Assange time to escape into whatever vehicle he wanted to.

They literally have teams going over these scenarios on secure networks. There are other reasons they aren't mentioning, why hes staying put. There is something else going on.
    As mentioned, he is on an island. He is still a wanted fugitive. Only way he is getting off Britain is if he gets smuggled to a boat that isn't at a port, super secret navy seal style. And why do it? What value does Assange have? I think the service he did was invaluable, but at the same time, he did break the law. So I don't know...

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Quote Originally Posted by realjimmyjames View Post
    assange was assassinated in 2011 and it’s been nothing but body doubles since then. Wake up people!
    this!!!...

Wake up sheeple!!!!
    ...@therealarifjina...

It appears he has been extracted earlier this month reading QAnon. Also, the US ended Grand Jury proceedings against WikiLeaks.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/948311727283884034

Also, Julian has tweeted this back on New Years https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/st...64148376182784

which appears to be a dead man switch to release more documents if he's arrested. His tweet was accompanied by the song M.I.A. Paper Planes which people have been wondering about the lyrics, the second line which says, “If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name …”

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...assy-in-london

TL;DR: Ecuador had enough of his shit and told him to go fuck himself haha

Julian Assange dragged from embassy and arrested after Ecuador withdraws asylum
    London police say they were 'invited into the embassy by the ambassador' to arrest Assange, whom Ecuador accused of breaking 'daily life protocols'

LONDON — Police in London say they’ve arrested WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange at the Ecuadorean embassy on a court warrant dating back to 2012.

In a statement Thursday, police said Assange has been taken into “custody at a central London police station where he will remain, before being presented before Westminster Magistrates’ Court as soon as is possible.”

Footage shows a bearded and balding Assange being forcibly dragged from the embassy by plain-clothed officials and hoisted into a police van.

Assange’s attorney said he’s been arrested on a U.S. extradition request as well as for breaching U.K. bail conditions.

Also, the Swedish lawyer representing the alleged victim in a rape investigation involving Assange said on Thursday that she would push to have prosecutors reopen the probe, which was dropped in 2017.

“My client and I have just received the news that Assange has been arrested. The fact that what we have been waiting and hoping for nearly seven years is now happening, of course, comes as a shock to my client,” Elisabeth Massi Fritz said.

“We will do all we can to get prosecutors to reopen the Swedish preliminary criminal investigation so that Assange can be extradited to Sweden and be prosecuted for rape,” she said in a text message.

Assange hasn’t left the embassy since August 2012 for fear that if he steps off Ecuador’s diplomatic soil he will be arrested and extradited to the U.S. for publishing thousands of classified military and diplomatic cables through WikiLeaks.

Assange’s relationship with his Ecuadorian protectors has deteriorated over the years. He has had spats over Internet access and even faced criminal charges for hacking into the embassy’s computer system.

On Wednesday, WikiLeaks officials held a press conference where the group’s editor-in-chief, Kristinn Hrafnsson, said that Assange’s meetings with lawyers and a doctor had been secretly filmed by Ecuadorian authorities.

In a tweet, the organization posted a photo of Assange with the words: “This man is a son, a father, a brother. He has won dozens of journalism awards. He’s been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize every year since 2010. Powerful actors, including CIA, are engaged in a sophisticated effort to dehumanise, delegitimize and imprison him. #ProtectJulian.”

Ecuador’s president says his government withdrew asylum status for Assange and cited “repeated violations of international conventions and daily-life protocols.”

Lenin Moreno announced the “sovereign decision” in a statement accompanied by a video on Twitter on Thursday.

“The discourteous and aggressive behavior of Mr. Julian Assange, the hostile and threatening declarations of his allied organization, against Ecuador, and especially the transgression of international treaties” meant the situation is “unsustainable and no longer viable,” Moreno said.

Moreno said he’d wrung a guarantee from the U.K. that Assange wouldn’t be extradited to a “country where he would face torture or the death penalty,” according to a transcript of the video message.

British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt thanked Moreno for breaking the impasse, saying on Twitter that Assange “is no hero and no one is above the law.”

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Where's Pam Anderson?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Where's Pam Anderson?
    LOL!

Hah, so funny watching him fight and struggle with the "bobbies", and obviously mouthing them off the entire time.

I wonder how this will play out, if he's quickly extradited to America. Trump must realize that the info in the Wikileaks leaked emails from the Democrats/Clinton/Podesta/etc had a massive, immeasurable impact on many center/center right/right/etc voters. It could be argued that without it he may not have won, and it wouldn't be an easy argument to punch holes in IMO.

I also wonder if Julian A has contingency plans for this happening. As in some information he hasn't put into the public sphere yet, left with one of his attorneys or friends even, and if that thumb drive full of entertaining leaks is on its way to the media as we speak.

Going to be interesting and entertaining IMO, regardless. Ha ha, still laughing at Assange getting dragged out, video is funny for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_O1oIqVq3g

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Haha what the fuck?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/201...teboarding.cnn

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/886060...esident-photo/

JULIAN Assange was kicked out of the Ecuador embassy for allegedly sharing a photo of the president eating a lobster.

The WikiLeaks founder is accused of leaking an embarrassing snap of Ecuadorian premier Lenin Moreno dining on a platter of lobster in bed in a luxury hotel room.

Mr Moreno was so furious at the breach that he ordered Assange’s seven-year refuge at the embassy be ended on Thursday, the Mail on Sunday reports.

The silver-haired hacker was booted out of his Knightsbridge safe haven after being handcuffed by embassy security and dragged out by officers from Scotland Yard.
    LOBSTER SNAP

The picture, which has been widely circulated on Twitter, comes at an awkward time for the president whose administration has the Ecuadorian people living under austerity measures.

Mr Moreno claimed Assange leaked the photo along with more than 200 private emails and text messages belonging to the president and his wife to website INApapers.org.

However, WikiLeaks have denied this and accused the Ecuadorian government of fabricating a story to see Assange out.

A statement on its website read: “'In short, the [Ecuadorian] government seeks a false pretext to end the asylum and protection of Julian Assange.”

Assange's relationship with his hosts steadily declined over his stay in the embassy, with bizarre reports regarding his behaviour and personal hygiene emerging since his arrest.
    DIRTY PROTEST

He was said to have smeared his own poo all over the building's walls in a protest and annoyed staff by skateboarding late at night.

Julian Assange's lawyer Jennifer Robinson just denied claims he staged a dirty protest.
    She said: “It's not true.

“Ecuador has been making some pretty outrageous allegations over the last few days to justify what was an unlawful and extraordinary act in allowing British police to come inside an embassy."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast