Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 956 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 956 of 986 FirstFirst ... 946 955 956 957 966 ... LastLast
Results 19,101 to 19,120 of 19714

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

It's performed as well as previous coronavirus vaccine attempts.

It is going to be 1976 over again though. Lots of lawsuits going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow they continue to manage to really bungle the messaging on this.
    Well what exactly is the messaging supposed to be? I imagine the powers that be can't even figure that out. You have a "vaccine" with a couple month window of efficacy, which was only ever relevant to older people with comorbidities for a few months at the tail end of Delta variant. Now it's Omicron, which is a nothing burger, and vaccines are no longer relevant to 99% of the population. I am curious why there is any messaging at all about this subject any longer?

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    Well, that's the problem right there. We're putting South/Central American proteins in North American people. Mystery solved.

Seriously though, today it's super easy for even only 1 person to conjure up their own narrative and then present it to the world as fact via social media or biased websites. Then we have parts of the public who insist that mass media is corrupt and driven by a new world order, so they decide to rely on these "satellite" sources as their gospel. I'm not saying that side effects such as this absolutely don't exist... but until there is a medical ENTITY that agrees with such findings, it's just a bunch of unbacked nonsense.
    The problem is that people like SportEL start with real information. Like the fact that the vax causes cases of Myocarditis in younger males. And then they spin it out of control into this story about how the elites are using the vax to wipe out population. So everyone ignores and writes off the relevant data as nonsense, because they assume that everything he says is hogwash due to his crazy conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    I absolutely recall at least an implication from the government that "D" was attainable. When there was all that talk of "flattening the curve", I think it was believed that by almost everyone getting their vax would result in too few to infect and then the virus would die off. That was clearly incorrect, although I DO believe even the scientists were hopeful that would occur. Of course, insisting on vaccines still helped us, as the load on the medical system was and has been greatly reduced via less severe and lengthily cases, if nothing else.

Now that the panic has subsided, I'd be curious to see how many are willing to get a bi-annual booster indefinitely. I still haven't gotten my 3rd, and am kind of on the fence between rolling the dice with a weaker strain like Omicron or starting such a regimen.
    An implication? D is literally what they sold the whole scam to the public based on. That was the entirety of the argument, if you get vaxxed, infection/spread stops, covid goes away and you get your freedom back.

We keep seeing people repeat this anecdote that the vax reduced severe outcomes. Which yes it did in a very small window, for a very small subset of the population. But Omicron was vastly more successful at reducing severe outcomes than the vax ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Trump started Operation Warp Speed to create the vaccines. Not sure what you're trying to say.
    The politics on this is getting hilarious.

First Trump does Op Warpspeed, to fast track the vax, and Dems say they'll never get a jab that had anything to do with Trump.

Dems fraudulently grab the whitehouse, and suddenly the jab is our saviour. Lock you in your house until you're jabbed, we need 100% compliance.

Now that it's becoming hard to ignore that the vax had virtually zero benefit, and potentially negatives associated with it, suddenly the messaging is about how reckless Trump was for fast tracking the vax.

You cannot make this shit up.
    Last edited by Misterman; 09-19-2022 at 10:21 AM.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    ... the Charts indicate the great protection that Natural immunity provides against infection, that even after 8 months for the delta variant, the effectiveness is still very much in positive territory at over 50%. Also, the natural immunity against earlier variants wanes slowly and remains positive after 16 months.

Comparing that with the Charts showing those who have been vaccinated who go through a sharp decline within 5 months after the first injection into negative territory. That includes those that have been previously infected and then who have been vaxx'd goes into sharp negative territory within 5 months.
    I think you mean weeks, none of the charts go past 10 months and all but one are less than 22 weeks range. I think you are referring to Chart C which indicates a ~1.5 week difference in percentages between vaccinated and previously infected and a very similar curve between the two.

I modified Chart B in paint with the referenced weeks that you were referring to (as opposed to months).

Name:  ChartB.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  61.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    Remember when they said it would be more stronger protection to get a vaxx even when previously infected?
    I don't remember anyone saying this but the results from your study specifically prove this claim.

I'm gonna bold the findings:

"Among unvaccinated children, the estimated effectiveness of omicron infection against reinfection with omicron was 90.7% (95% CI, 89.2 to 92.0) at 2 months and 62.9% (95% CI, 58.8 to 66.6) at 4 months

Among vaccinated children, the estimated effectiveness of omicron infection alone against reinfection with omicron was 94.3% (95% CI, 91.6 to 96.1) at 2 months and 79.4% (95% CI, 73.8 to 83.8) at 4 months" Lin 2022 et al

At no point was the previously infected more protected against reinfection. 2 months (94% V vs 91% UV); at 4 months (79% V vs 63% UV).

The evidence presented in this study do not match the conclusions you (and/or SlayNews) are drawing from it.
    Last edited by DonJuan; 09-19-2022 at 11:51 AM.

Basically it says that it was pointless for children.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Basically it says that it was pointless for children.
    SportEL's example study basically says vaccination = previous infection for protection against reinfection in children. (Very wide brush strokes here) and other things.

I just hate when people reference the findings from a peer reviewed scientific paper and say it it provides proof for something, when they haven't read it themselves and hope you don't read it either.
    Probably belongs in the petpeeve thread.
    Last edited by DonJuan; 09-19-2022 at 01:22 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    SportEL's example study basically says vaccination = previous infection for protection against reinfection in children. (Very wide brush strokes here)

I just hate when people reference the findings from a peer reviewed scientific paper and say it it provides proof for something, when they haven't read it themselves and hope you don't read it either.
    You know he is is just reposting from some QAnon forum right?

He’s not capable of actually stringing 2 sentences together.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You know he is is just reposting from some QAnon forum right?

He’s not capable of actually stringing 2 sentences together.
    It's just misleading people from a readily available and readable article makes my skin crawl. It's also a slow Monday at work.

Now if SportEL had done his own research and was drawing his conclusions from this article below, I'd have a lot less to say.

http://news.rr.nihalnavath.com/posts...NEJMp-161a1a6d
    Last edited by DonJuan; 09-19-2022 at 02:03 PM.

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

It's just misleading people from a readily available and readable article makes my skin crawl. It's also a slow Monday at work.

Now if SportEL had done his own research and was drawing his conclusions from this article below, I'd have a lot less to say.
    This should be like Facebook where we can like your posts.

Sports EL is an obvious idiot liar troll.
    MAGA = My Ass Got Arrested.

Beware the passive aggressive Mean Girls. Vengie, Killramos, Penismightier, buster, jrscoolude, etc who bully others into their circle jerk opinion, serially negging you, while claiming they ignore you and don't obsess over you.

PSA. High school is not a popularity contest little girls

My Ride
    *The First*

Misleading who? People who don't know how to use the [ignore] button?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62959089

It is over! Did we win fast enough already?
    Cocoa $8,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Misleading who? People who don't know how to use the [ignore] button?
    The ignore button is for chix with dix, but in this day and age I have no clue what that means anymore. I'm not fun at parties.

SportEL's example.
    Who's SportEL?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I used to have an Acural EL. That was a Savage beast.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by zipdoa View Post
    Lol, I remember Thepenismightier recommending sentry to get two jabs right after sentry recovered from Covid. The vax hysteria was/is remarkable.
    I mentioned before, that doesn't sound like something I would say, so how about you go ahead and dig that quote up.

Someone apparently forgot to look at the Other Charts in the NEJM Study.

Chart C shows that the Unvaxx'd has positive protection against the variants from re-infection, up to 8 months at over 50%, while for the earlier variants, it remains positive after 16 months.

Name:  ChartC.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  48.3 KB

Contrast that with those who had the Vaxx, the Effectiveness becomes Negative after only 5 months showing a steep decline.

Name:  ChartA.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  50.1 KB

Not that hard to understand. Also consider the risk factor in children of getting sick and dying is practically negligible, non-existent. But add the fact of the Risks associated with getting the vaxx is something that can't be ignored.

A Woman Died right after getting a Booster at a Shoppers in Saskatoon last week. She Had no Medical issues at all. These "sudden" "unexplainable" deaths sure seem odd.

My beautiful Mother’s life was taken yesterday by the COVID BOOSTER SHOT! #COVID19 #covidawareness #gofundme #RIP #IMissYouMom

She was happy and perfectly healthy! Spent yesterday morning visiting me at my house up until her appointment time. She left for her appointment happy and energetic! She had No medical issues at all!!

My mom text me right after she got the shot to let me know she was waiting the 15 min and I text her back. It was right after then that they say “she dropped dead before she hit the floor” in shoppers drug mart!!!!! That is what the docs have told us.

This NEVER should have happened had they known what they were shooting into us!!! My Mom would still be here!!! 😭😭😭

https://www.facebook.com/stephanie.f...FYwv6l?__cft__[0]=AZUDcXM__xjSJH5RoZ5mRK5DolIxFK-Ln7MpaBo6UAiHbhrFS7zYH3XF850owMUm6fEnpM0n00bEmFcleic6N9veeRqsoDWxED_iKXb4YkxQPaTBw3dy2mWf8PkVG4sARFA&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

Name:  Vaccine-Mandate-Mask-CDC.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  8.1 KB

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Good fucking riddance, the liberals clearly starting to get nervous about how they interpret 'the science'

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...-gone-in-weeks
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The quote from WestJet CEO is worth noting. Masking requirements on airplane are "unenforceable". That matches my experience flying this summer. Masks were essentially optional except when speaking directly to the cabin crew.

Masks were essentially optional except when speaking directly to the cabin crew.
    LOL. Hilarious.

My Ride
    *The First*

... the cabin crew.
    They prefer to be called "sky waitress".

"Trolley Dolly" is a close second.

#TheMoreYouKnow

Page 956 of 986 FirstFirst ... 946 955 956 957 966 ... LastLast