Quantcast
Landscape designer for acreage? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Landscape designer for acreage?

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Default Landscape designer for acreage?

I have no idea where else to look for this. All signs point to me buying dad out on the farm this fall which means I'll be buying the farm yard. Dad never lived there so its just been rented out for decades and the yard shows...I'll move in and demo all the mostly dead trees, bury sprinklers, nuke the lawn etc etc. And mostly - plant a shitload of trees. But this is where I don't know a thing about anything. All I know is I like eastern cottonwoods for a shelterbelt along the north edge of the yard though...my neighbor has them and they've gotta be the nicest trees in the county (no idea if they make fuzz though...I assume yes).

Can anyone recommend a landscape designer or arborist or something? Someone who can map out what trees to plant where, what looks good next to what, pick trees that'll thrive in the climate, tell me how to take care of them etc etc. I'm hoping the work today will make it a great yard for the next generation 25-50 years from now so just want to do it right the first time. Also good to have a full plan before I start burying sprinklers.

Here's the yard. My plan is to move the bins to behind the shop, sell the quonset and demo the house at the bottom of hte picture, so basically the entire left half of the image would be a blank slate. Ignore the red line, thats just from planning conduit from the shop to house for internet.

Last edited by birdman86; 07-29-2023 at 06:49 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You can get a lot of advice on plant selection and care from the nurseries. I highly reccomend Bow Point nursery for thier focus on native and hardy plants, which is what you want for a rural setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Country Living & Garden Centre has some sharp folks who should be up your (future) alley. Extreme south end of Okotoks.

And fuck off everyone else! It's a car forum. Go for a fuckin drive.

Check out the good folk at Spruce it uphttps://spruceitupgardencentre.com/scape-it-up.