Quantcast
city of heros beta - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: city of heros beta

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Default city of heros beta

So I have a few friends in th US signed up for beta so far only one is in. I have it preordered with the beta boxn signed up on just waiting.

Looks kinda cool. Just wondering if anyone here is in the beta either waiting oir playing.

My Ride
    WRX

I haven't tried it but I know a couple people that have, they said it was really good.

Back to Far Cry....

My Ride
    Bowling shoes

I might give it a try, but there's no pvp which kind of sucks. Let me know what server you end up on Hollywood.

My Ride

Sure. There is a pvp arena I think where human players can engage each other.

All the beta testers get in by april 7th, so between today and april 7th I will waiting for my invite.

My Ride
    06 Legacy GT

Hey I am waiting for the open invite as well....I will post what server I will be on and the name so it will be easy to track me down. A friend of mine who was in the closed beta just got his open beta invite so between now and tomorrow everyone who pre-paid should get e-mails. BTW, he also told me that the servers will be up and running 24/7 starting tomorrow at 9pm (they used to be only open wed-sat certain hours).

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

it looks alright, Im waiting for WoW though

My Ride
    Bowling shoes

World of Warcraft is a far ways away. Even though beta started the way Blizzard does things expect Q4 2004 or even Q1 2005. But at least it'll be a rockin game. If I can actually pull myself away from FFXI, then I guess I'll head over.

If it's the way NCSoft has run the lineage2 beta, anyone who signed up will eventually get the invites for open beta. Open betas are such a good idea for mmorpgs since it allows some good load testing and allows for people to try out the game. I don't know why more mmorpg developers don't do it.

My Ride

I did the L2 asian beta, I had a in. The game did not do it for me. too much repetativeness. That and I cant speak tiwanese.

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

i signed up for open Beta too, but the game coudln't even run for me cuz apparently the univeristy campus blocked the port required to play L2.
    shame
    oh well, still playing UT2k4 and BF: Vietnam, then Far cry, then hopefully HL2 will be out.. after im bored of that hopefully WoW will be out too

so tempted to play SW: galaxy though after playing through the amazing Knight of the old republic

My Ride
    FZ1

SW: galaxy sucks. I've played it since the start and recently gave up on it.

It's nothing but grinding xp and extremely repetative missions.
    PvP has way too many exploits to be fun.
    Hopefully it will be better in another 6 months or so when they get the space expansion but hold off for now.

But hey if anyone is interested I'll probably sell them my account if the offer is good:
    Master TK, Master Pistol, 0/0/4/0 smuggler and 4/0/0/0 fencer with ~1 million credits.

My Ride
    06 Legacy GT

Originally posted by Hollywood
    I did the L2 asian beta, I had a in. The game did not do it for me. too much repetativeness. That and I cant speak tiwanese.
    Agreed...I got to about lvl 6 then fell asleep. Interesting concept though...I liked the movement controls once I got used to them. Anyone here play DAoC?

My Ride

Played eq, doac, came back for doac exp, anarchy online, shadowbane, horizions, L2 beta. Of those genera's.

So far the best to date was shadowbane cause PvP and the ability to create unique characters and level reletivly fast.

COH though looks really unique and I could use a break from medival times.

... beta right now? umm game is released on april 26th, least im 90% sure on this

but yes im gunna get into it, tell me what server u guys r on !

i got my beta for shadowbane 2 days before the official release date lol

i installed it and got fed up cause i ran into no other pc's and stopped playing after like 2 hrs
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Bowling shoes

Yes steer clear away from SWG doesn't sound like much changed. SWG has so much potential, but SOE just fukked it up. The game was too easy and there was zero content. SWG is nowhere as well done as KOTR was so if you like KOTR you won't like SWG.

I played UO, AC, DAOC, E&B, AC2, SWG and now FFXI. I beta'd Eve Online and tried out AO and EQ briefly. Shadowbane didn't even bother coz by the time it released it was well beyond its time.

There is nothing like the original UO formula. So much to do in that game and open pvp was just plain old fun, despite the griefing... DAOC was neat at first but the I found the pvp bunked (stun pwns all) and the grouping wasn't all that thrilling, but it was a good game. FFXI is the game, so much content, mechanics in that game is well done, so much fun...

I got the invite for NA Lineage2 beta 2 weeks ago and gave the key away, I'm too hooked on FFXI to play anything else right now.

The mmorpgs I'm to looking forward to is of course World of Warcraft, Ultima X Odyssey, Middle Earth Online and Everquest 2.
    Last edited by MerfBall; 04-06-2004 at 02:15 PM.

I beta'd Shadowbane

played eq for about 8 months

played SWG for 2 months

but ive been waiting for CoH for to long heh
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    FZ1

I think Guild Wars will be pretty cool especially since they won't have monthly fees I believe it's made by the guys who left blizzard.

http://www.guildwars.com

My Ride
    Bowling shoes

Originally posted by w3apon
    I think Guild Wars will be pretty cool especially since they won't have monthly fees I believe it's made by the guys who left blizzard.

http://www.guildwars.com
    That does sound cool... pvp is a good ingredient in mmorpgs, but so is all the content without content you have nothing more than a shooter like quake but you have to level up. And no matter what content costs money (subscription fee) and without it you either have a sub par mmorpg or a badly done Quake/Unreal

My Ride
    FZ1

Stratics hosts a fan site for Guild Wars and there's lots of good information on it there:
    http://gw.stratics.com

My Ride
    06 Legacy GT

Alright I am in...prime server name is Gravaton. Send me a tell if you want to grp.

My Ride

I got in last night. Name is Stained.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast