Quantcast
Shell 91 now has ethanol? - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Shell 91 now has ethanol?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by M.alex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I checked two Chevron stations today and their 94 is definitely 0% ethanol. (that's twice in the last month I've tested it, so I'm happy the sticker is not a lie)

I've been using it in my daily driver (04 cobra, not stock, 20lbs of boost and 250k miles, lol) the last month and havn't noticed any performance issues so I have to imagine the occasional post I read about Chevron 94 being garbage were exaggerations.

Their 91 is 10% ethanol (like everybody else)

I can't figure out though how they're getting around the CFS, unless their 94 comes from some small refinery that the regs don't apply to (like that magic refinery in Saskatchewan Co-Op used to buy from)?
    You mean... The Co-Op refinery that's in Saskatchewan? Hahaha!
    There are times where the ethanol addition and sometimes other magic, bullshit juices are added after the fuel has left the refineries, so I don't think it's really dependent on that.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think he means the co-op refinery, you know, the one in Saskatchewan.

My Ride
    *The First*

Dunno.
    Hey @shak do you think he means the Co-Op Refinery that Co-Op owns in Saskatchewan?

*I'm laughing with you, not at you... I think it's super interesting that you found Chevron 94 to be ethanol free.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Looks like chevron 94 has ethanol now?

Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Nothing

Yep - just went to fill up today at Chevron and found the 10% ethanol sticker. Looks like there's no more options for ethanol-free gas in Calgary.

Oh well, guess it's using sta-bil in spring/summer/fall fill-ups, then for extended winter storage buy a drum of VP racing fuel and fill it with that.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Well that fuckin sucks.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Not sure why anyone is surprised... all the earth lovers want clean burning fuels and the death of plastic straws.

My Ride
    *The First*

I insist that all plastic straws that touch my lips end up in the ocean, 1,100km away. It must be.

My Ride
    Nothing

After hunting around the last 2 weeks I'm outta ideas ... there's no way to get ethanol free gas that I can find locally anymore ... best bet is to use sta-bil in the spring/summer with e10 pump fuel (from watching the youtube videos where people test various brands across various time periods it seems sta-bil performance the best) and then in the fall switch to an unleaded racing fuel like VP C9 or Gulf Classic for one full tank and then a storage tank.

I am not looking forward to having to spend $6000 in fuel to cover my cars (versus what would have only been ~$1,500 at the pump)

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Quote Originally Posted by M.alex View Post
    After hunting around the last 2 weeks I'm outta ideas ... there's no way to get ethanol free gas that I can find locally anymore ... best bet is to use sta-bil in the spring/summer with e10 pump fuel (from watching the youtube videos where people test various brands across various time periods it seems sta-bil performance the best) and then in the fall switch to an unleaded racing fuel like VP C9 or Gulf Classic for one full tank and then a storage tank.

I am not looking forward to having to spend $6000 in fuel to cover my cars (versus what would have only been ~$1,500 at the pump)
    If you are that serious about it, just trailer some 55gal drums down to montana and fill up.

My Ride
    Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    If you are that serious about it, just trailer some 55gal drums down to montana and fill up.
    Something tells me trying to cross the border with several drums of gasoline is not going to be as easy as it sounds on paper.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Didn't a beyonder do exactly that? I swear that happened.

My Ride
    Trucks

A quick google shows 200L spread across smaller containers is the gasoline import limit, but I'm fairly confident locals in the rally community do bring up large quantity drums of race fuel from Montana.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

ya this fucken sucks for us 2-stroke boat owners. the fuck man.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Didn't a beyonder do exactly that? I swear that happened.
    I think it was HiTempGuy, I could be wrong. He was also into rallying.

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Xamim View Post
    I think it was HiTempGuy, I could be wrong. He was also into rallying.
    I think it has to be imported commercially as personal use would have the volume limits mentioned above.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    ya this fucken sucks for us 2-stroke boat owners. the fuck man.
    We have a gas coop setup at our lake community.

Gonna try and figure out what our supply is. Maybe that’s an option?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    I think it has to be imported commercially as personal use would have the volume limits mentioned above.
    I think he straight up started a business doing it. One could find some of his old posts, before he got banned, to dig up the info on it.

Slow morning, so I looked around. It seems like he's no longer doing it, saw it on the ChassisFlex Motorsports FB page...

It's been a while since we last posted, and it is always hard to make announcements like this.

ChassisFlex Motorsports will be closing our Fuse Fuel distribution down permanently. It was a tough decision to make, and we apologize to everyone who got caught out by this sudden decision.
    Unfortunately, Fuse dropped a bombshell on us at the beginning of the season that they were closing their unleaded lineup in North America. As this was a substantial amount of our sales, we tried to work with them on setting up a blending facility here.
    To be blunt, this did not go well. The owners of Fuse, while having had a revolutionary product, are not very out of the box thinkers and were very unhelpful.

Needless to say, after thinking about the sort of business we wanted to run, and the business relationships we feel are valuable to maintain versus not maintain, effective immediately we will not be bringing in anymore Fuse. Between this issue and the continuing drum lining issues that Fuse refused to do better QC on, it is time to move on.

We have been asked about other brands we could distribute. The fact is, no one offers an unleaded lineup like Fuse did. Many do not realize leaded fuel is banned in Canada, and is only allowed in on an exemption clause that is renewed every 5 years. With all the clean fuel initiatives at the Federal level, it only takes one government official to go after leaded fuel and that would be it.

This leads a lot of people to ask us about ethanol and if we will still provide it and the answer is no. Ethanol was not a part of our core business model, and we do not see a sustainable long term future in that business.
    Finally, I'd like to thank everyone that patronized our business. Few people understand what went into running this business, or the effort that was required to build market share for an unknown product. There is a reason there are no strictly race fuel distributors in Western Canada now besides VP (AFD is first and foremost a fuel distributor). It was quite difficult!

To those who supported us, put up with our growing pains, and dealt with sometime sporadic service as we tried to figure out a balance between developing the business and customer support levels:
    A heartfelt final THANK YOU.
    Last edited by Xamim; 02-15-2023 at 10:31 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Bit of a post summer bump with the new ethanol fuels. So I've been using co-op premium 91 since forever, and never had a problem with its premium 91. Of course, this year it's their new ethanol blend. This summer, I've been noticing that on some days, the car isn't making full power (car has built in hp meter). It's fairly sporadic, sometimes it's temps over 26C, sometimes its oil temps over 100C, couldn't nail it down. Tried different co-op stations, same deal. I'd switch to Shell 93 and it doesn't seem to crop up, but because it's sporadic I really can't tell. Other times it's happened I've had half tank of gas left, fill with 93 shell, and still same issue. Hard to reproduce.

Anyways, over the weekend finally had the perfect scenario where I was almost empty, had 91 co-op in the tank, and it was restricting power down to 370hp. Ran the car dry, pumped it full of Shell 93, and within 3 WOT runs and the car went straight back up to 435hp.

TL;DR, co-op 91 is shit now with the ethanol. Need to run Shell 93 now. Thanks Trudeau.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Bit of a post summer bump with the new ethanol fuels. So I've been using co-op premium 91 since forever, and never had a problem with its premium 91. Of course, this year it's their new ethanol blend. This summer, I've been noticing that on some days, the car isn't making full power (car has built in hp meter). It's fairly sporadic, sometimes it's temps over 26C, sometimes its oil temps over 100C, couldn't nail it down. Tried different co-op stations, same deal. I'd switch to Shell 93 and it doesn't seem to crop up, but because it's sporadic I really can't tell. Other times it's happened I've had half tank of gas left, fill with 93 shell, and still same issue. Hard to reproduce.

Anyways, over the weekend finally had the perfect scenario where I was almost empty, had 91 co-op in the tank, and it was restricting power down to 370hp. Ran the car dry, pumped it full of Shell 93, and within 3 WOT runs and the car went straight back up to 435hp.

TL;DR, co-op 91 is shit now with the ethanol. Need to run Shell 93 now. Thanks Trudeau.
    How come you didn't go Shell 91 vs. Shell 93?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 LastLast