Quantcast
Anyone travel to Mexico recently? - Page 26 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26

Thread: Anyone travel to Mexico recently?

My Ride
    CAEB, 6G72

Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking of Mexico.....anyone ever been to Sayulita? Have a wedding next Nov. Anything to know? I've never been to Mexico and don't travel much, beside the USA. Also, we will be flying from Mexico to Orlando after the wedding any tips about the airport in Mexico
    Sayulita is a pretty popular little town right now. You will likely be flying into PVR, as it's the closest to where you are going. Not all the airports are the same down here, and the PVR airport is pretty simple compared to a lot of the others when flying in internationally. They are currently doing work to expand it, but the expansion likely won't be operational by next year. In November expect crazy lines for going through immigration, and backage pickups though, as that is when all the snow birds start arriving.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    As a generic tip, when you land in Mexico they will hand you a small piece of paper to the effect of the 'entry visa' when you land at the airport (customs). All I can tell you is don't lose it and you need that to leave the country without issues otherwise there are big problems from what I've heard. Not sure exactly what, but I big time hassle and financial consequences.
    What shak is referring to is the FMM (visitor visa). Most of the touristy airports down here no longer use them, and instead just put a stamp in your passport with the number of days they allow you to stay in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    Everything is paperless in Mexico now in terms of entry visa/customs paperwork.

Sayulita is a charming little town, not a whole lot to do but surf and snorkel. Mountains are beautiful, worth venturing out for a hike or drive up into a mountain town.
    This is again dependent on the airport that you are flying into. If you fly into PVR (Puerto Vallarta), you will still get the immigration form to fill out on the plane, or just inside the terminal after landing. It's super straight forward, and you hand it off to the officer for declarations.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Booked a trip to Cancun for early March. Any recommendations on things to do there would be appreciated. We're likely going to try and do a couple scuba days as we got our certs but never used it yet due to cancelling Maui over the fires.

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Quote Originally Posted by My_name_is_Rob View Post
    Sayulita is a pretty popular little town right now. You will likely be flying into PVR, as it's the closest to where you are going. Not all the airports are the same down here, and the PVR airport is pretty simple compared to a lot of the others when flying in internationally. They are currently doing work to expand it, but the expansion likely won't be operational by next year. In November expect crazy lines for going through immigration, and backage pickups though, as that is when all the snow birds start arriving.
    What about transportation from airport to Sayulita? I'm sure a taxi cost would vary drastically depending on the guy? Any other options? Also worth noting, there will be atleast 5 of us, maybe 8.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

What about transportation from airport to Sayulita? I'm sure a taxi cost would vary drastically depending on the guy? Any other options? Also worth noting, there will be atleast 5 of us, maybe 8.
    man i got a truck service from cancun to playa and it was way better.. and just a bit more than what people were paying for taxis, look into that on trip advisor, they gave us beer and water too. Assuming you fly into PV? its pretty busy so should have the same services

My Ride
    CAEB, 6G72

For that many people, probably truck/ private pickup service would be ideal. From what I understand they are reasonably priced, and the quality of ride is much better than most taxis. There are Uber options, but getting an Uber directly from the PV airport is a bit of a pain, since they are not legally allowed to do airport pickups (taxi cartel). If taking a taxi ends up being the ideal way due to time or situation, it's worth it to hike across the bridge going over the highway (south of the airport), and getting one there, as you probably won't have the airport convenience charge added to it (always ask the price ahead of time to avoid any nefarious markups).

Or other options would be car rentals (several places right beside the airport), or bus (cost effective, but it can take forever).

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Booked a trip to Cancun for early March. Any recommendations on things to do there would be appreciated. We're likely going to try and do a couple scuba days as we got our certs but never used it yet due to cancelling Maui over the fires.
    Definitely check out some Cenotes

Rio secreto and Kantun-chi are great. They all are unique and fun, just do a bit of research. A lot of the smaller ones that are cash only are great too.

Take taxi or public transport to playa del Carmen and hop a ferry to Cozumel for snorkelling/diving. Lots to do, just depends what you’re into.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    All of this can be avoided by not going to Mexico.
    Mexico is great
    Mexico City is cool
    Zihua shawshank style
    Cancun resort life
    Same time zone no jet lag direct flights
    Google translate
    Good times
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26