Quantcast
How to choose mattress? Where to buy? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: How to choose mattress? Where to buy?

SC does refunds. You can even buy the "gently used" mattresses lol.

I thought the refunds were only for accessories like pillows and such. I just bought a bloom mattress from SC for the trailer and the dude said some about a 100 night sleep guarantee and that if we don't like the mattress, we can exchange it within that time. I'm pretty sure he said for mattresses it was exchange only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Sure hey whatever.

My Ride
    Z

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    I’ve yet to find a pure foam mattress that’s enjoyable. Just seems like they’re dirt cheap so a lot of companies sprung up with the mattress in a box model.
    Dormeo. I love ours, probably about 5 years in now. It's got foam springs so it is entirely foam but has a lot more support and longevity than the mattress in a box types. Can't be 'bent' or folded though if that matters
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Hey @tirebob and anyone else who bought a bed in a box, how are they holding up? We desperately need a new mattress but I'm picky that it's hard to find one I might like just by laying on them at a store. We've heard pretty mixed reviews with endy, Casper etc with people on both ends of the spectrum. We are predominantly side sleepers and a friend of ours claims the Endy is the best thing they've ever bought. I'm debating it for the $1000 and test drive but wanted to hear from guys who have been on them for more than a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

We’ve had a Douglas for ~5 years. Still great, no noticeable quality drop.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

We've had an Endy for a year. Side sleeper, does the job. No complaints, but no raves either.

Still loving mine... In fact bought two more for the guest beds! I mostly side sleep but do end up on my stomach or back sometimes as well and I always find it super comfortable for me.

Dormeo for me. Bought it 3 years ago, when we moved.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    I tried Endy and it hurt my back like nothing else and returned it. I'm still on the hunt for a good mattress that doesn't break the bank.
    Was the return process as easy as they portrayed it to be?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Was the return process as easy as they portrayed it to be?
    Yea it was surprisingly

My Ride
    Ford F150

Bed in a box companies all have easy refunds. Only thing you have to lose is the effort of moving your current mattress.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well, the wife and I figured we needed a new mattress, and selected the Silk and Snow "Organic" mattress. Figured that one would be more airy and less heat retaining than the foam ones.
    It was, in that regard, as expected, but overall, it didn't meet my requirements for comfort, and truly felt cheap. You have to keep it for 30 days out of the 100 day comfort guarantee, but after those 30 days, there was no issue getting the refund process started. They use MCC here in Calgary as their donation partner, and MCC was very good about communication and pickup, that mattress was taken away today.
    Don't have the money back in my account yet, but so far no problems with customer service.

Back on the old mattress again, like it better than that silk and snow one. Not currently shopping for a mattress, maybe in the fall....
    Old mattress is Simmons Beautyrest Palladium. Was probably pretty expensive back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

We just bought a Lotus in a firm. Our old one was about 7 years old, it was time. We Have about two months on the Lotus and love it. They had a couple of the ‘mattress in the box’ to try and we are glad we didn’t order one.

My Ride
    Ford F150

I went to the Brick and laid on a bunch of mattresses for far too long. I really liked the Ashton gate by Stearns and Foster. https://www.thebrick.com/products/st...queen-mattress

Really dislike the Brick but as long as you're not expecting their crap to last more than 7 years, its fine.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Here is a 3 month review of the king sized Tempur-pedic Pro Adapt Teal we bought from Sleep Country mid January. I'm a really princess when it comes to mattresses so it was a pretty big stressor looking for a good one and going to all the stores trying to find one that I thought was comfortable. We came from a 2016 Sealy Posturepedic that packed out within 2 years of owning it and we just endured sore backs and hips for the last 2-3 years with it before saying enough.

The Good:
    - Immediately solved all back, hip, and shoulder pain. The first morning of owning it was the first time we woke up and didn't hurt in years. As we've slept on it more and more its become a bit softer but still has amazing support. Its crazy how much of a difference it made and how immediate the results were. The sales bro suggested we buy a firmer matress than we usually would get because of the support system and how it breaks in and I am glad we listened to him.
    - We both move around way less. No more tossing and turning or rolling around. I found this has lead to a deeper sleep and has pretty much elimited the random wake-up-for-no-reason throughout the night.

The 'weird':
    - Banging on it is strange because the indentations you make take a while to come back so moving around is just... different.
    - Everyone said Tempur-pedics get super hot at night. Neither one of us sleep like furnaces so its been an non issue but its definitely a bit warmer. I can see how people who run hot would not like it. They do make a cooling mattress cover but I think that would be weirder than the heat retention.
    - Its not a bed I've found comfortable to just laze around in. I wouldn't sit in it and watch a movie, or lay in scrolling your phone on a quite saturday morning. I don't know how to describe it but its not "plush" so it takes away from the enjoyment of being lazy in bed.

The bad:
    - Although the sales bro was good, and the actual purchase and delivery was fine, dealing with Sleep Country's horseshit pricing system sucks. All of their listed prices are absurd and you would never pay that so walking around you had no idea what something would actually cost you. The sticker price on the mattress we bought was like $5400 or something ridiculous and we ended up paying around $3200 with delivery and taking away our old bed. I did a pile of research so I had comparables ready to go to negotiate but at the end of the day when we decided on the bed and he gave us a price it aligned with what I was going to try and get to.
    - It was about 2x the price of the 'S' brand mattresses and 3-4x the price of the bed in a box.

If you can afford it, I would absolutely recommend the Tempur-pedic. We will see how long it last us but if I can 7-8 years out of it I will be happy. It has a 10 year warranty with it so I have high hopes.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5