Quantcast
Type Of Bicycle - When to Switch - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Type Of Bicycle - When to Switch

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The new lightweight ones with smaller motors seem ideal for this too, vs just putting out 500w and getting you up there. Hell, if it lets you do 2-3 laps of husky in an evening rip or can ride Moose by yourself cause you dont have a shuttle partner that day, it would be worth it.
    Even with a shuttle partner… have done a few rides with the GF where we just take one car and I retrieve it in sub-15min from the top of 7-27!

Mine is a 2020 with the e8000 steps, in eco with the odd trail or boost mode for punchy sections I can do about 3hr/1500m worth of riding at moose. 52lbs is only slightly heavier than my buddy’s Raaw Madonna

My Ride
    '14 Taco

I did the Fernie Brewing Ale to Trail last week... going up hypervent in the sun in 29 degree made me want an e bike real bad

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Coulda used an e bike today, started at a big hill before I was even really warm, and my poor out of shape body was in shock because I rode Wednesday and worked out yesterday, just about died.

But I really enjoyed the bike otherwise haha

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I did the Fernie Brewing Ale to Trail last week... going up hypervent in the sun in 29 degree made me want an e bike real bad
    P9 climb isn’t great either! E-bike on hyper vent was still tricky, at least with my stupid steering lock. Those switchbacks are tight! I did almost clear the double black direct climb on it though… just lost my balance on that final push and thought I was going to fall off the hillside

Quote Originally Posted by XylathaneGTR View Post
    I've found having the right type of bike may motivate you to ride more. When it feels better (ergonomics, seating position for longer saddle time, etc.) you want to spend more time on it. Any health or fitness benefits are secondary, but just like any form of exercise you will see some benefit if you're consistent.
    This is me 100%, got a FS during covid and thought i could climb but got my ass handed to me so bad I skipped out on a lot of rides if it involved any real elevation. I coudlve just got out more and built up my strength but with kids and work there really is no time, got an ebike and it was life changing. I used to go out before the other non E to get a lap in at WB before they came but now they all finally got one lol

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Regular bike is more max HR on climbs and all out cooked legs vs being able to regulate the effort to be more even. But on the way down I work way harder on the e-bike and am way more gassed. I also find that when I swap back to the regular bike it feels way more nimble and I am much faster downhill than before I had both.
    Ive only ever done WB with an E so i cant fully relate to the cooked part but I went as hard as i could up Merlin one time and my weak legs felt it to the point i had to take it a bit easy down. When i first got my E i would take it easy up with the others and then kill them down because my legs were fresh and theirs were cooked

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    I want to try an e-mtb pretty bad, looks so fun. The price just seems so crazy when you compare them to dirt bikes, but you sure can ride them a lot easier. There was one for $15.5k at the bike shop yesterday… that’s more than my S14 was!! lol
    The pricing def makes no sense when comparing the 2, i got a 21 husq 250 for almost the same price as my E bike. I got into both sports during covid and I totally thought i was going to be Travis Pastrana because ive been riding street bikes forever but nope. DB is by far the most physical sport ive ever done. As mentioned theres some good deals now and you can get a pretty nice one for 7k ish.

We were just in Fernie this past weekend and rode up to Contra from the very bottom and it was hot out too but the ebikes made the climb enjoyable, wouldve been nicer riding contra on some lighter bikes but were not getting air anyways so no biggie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3