Quantcast
Amway...---> QUIXTAR? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Amway...---> QUIXTAR?

lam-boy Guest

Default Amway...---> QUIXTAR?

k so whats all thsi bullshit about?

i think my friend has become pulled into some sort of cult and he is now brainwashed.

You get paid, to buy stuff from them and referring people..is it true?!

seems too good to be true and i think its a scam..

there's been documentaries and what not on this
    do a quick search and u'll be able to pull up a ton of articles that say it's a scam
    the top honchos mostly make their money from the motivational tapes/books

sure it makes money.....for the first 1000 people who joined
    other than that its one of thoes get rich without doing work horseshit programs.

Its basicly a legit pyramid business where you are brought into a sect of the cult ..err i mean company, and you basicly earn money for the person who recuited you as they make money for the person who recuited them...and so on and so forth
    quixtar sells everything. grocery,clothing, jewlery,perfume and even kitchen appliances
    people have tried to recuit me many times and if you show the smallest bit of interest they will be on you like hungry wolves to come to one of their meetings.
    beware !!! stay far far away, and get your friend out !!!!

lam-boy Guest

Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO
    sure it makes money.....for the first 1000 people who joined
    other than that its one of thoes get rich without doing work horseshit programs.

Its basicly a legit pyramid business where you are brought into a sect of the cult ..err i mean company, and you basicly earn money for the person who recuited you as they make money for the person who recuited them...and so on and so forth
    quixtar sells everything. grocery,clothing, jewlery,perfume and even kitchen appliances
    people have tried to recuit me many times and if you show the smallest bit of interest they will be on you like hungry wolves to come to one of their meetings.
    beware !!! stay far far away, and get your friend out !!!!
    i went to one of their meetings, it seems like a friggin cult.

they all obey a master, they are all in "Brainwash mode" turned on to the fullest extent.

and the master guys are saying that they make 10,000 dollasr a month and shit. but i think hes totally full of bull.

hes stating he makes aroudn 10,000 dollasr a month sitting there doing nothing. and he has a brand new car...haha a civic..so how does that make you extra fancy?
    he lives in a crappy ass apartment.

and my friend, i mean fuck him. i already told him to snap out and he just says its not his fault that in a few years he will tell me hes gonna retire when im busting my ass off at work.

and im reading on google at the moment. Nothing in life will come this easy. this seemed to good to be true from the moment he told me. i had a feeling it was a scam and i just had to show up to one of these meetings to find out.

My co-worker at Earls was into this big time. What a freaking scam. You can tell they're more concerned with recruiting members then actually providing the ultimate service. Go to their website and try and find something you would like to buy. It looks like they took a list of all the products they wanted to sell and just shoved them under one ambiguous category. The only reason the website exists is to make the scam legit, which is why it doesnt matter if it's properly designed or not.

lam-boy Guest

and they sell stupid shit haha.

guy at the meeting was trying to act all pimp and stuff saying he wears stuff that he gets from the site.

and im better of going into my own business, end up like my parents. hving money in their pockets without having to be recruited into clans/cults.

Quixtar evolved from Amway - so they're exactly the same.

yes, i had an old friend that tried to recruit me into it about 6 years ago.. don't even waste your time.. they do not get stuff at a discounted rate, and the whole PV system is crap.. like whoever said on here before, the people at the top makes their money from the tapes and books that they have at functions.. the whole discounted rate is crap because any big company like walmart will get a discounted rate that Amway could wet their diapers about..

don't waste your time on MLMs.. the only people that made money in this were the ones that started out at the very beginning..

Well Amway and Quixstar were started by the same goofball and they've been shutdown before.

There is only a few of these types of businesses that are truly legit and make sense, but Amway doesnt even make good products to begin with.
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Went to a meeting, didnt join.

Didn't Amway have the whole system being a distributor for small and large corporations? I still have one of those catalogues where you pretty much buy things bulk, or you buy the designer (Polo and Dior were really the only big names at that time) clothing.. wasn't Bill Britts the guy who started the whole system based on Amway?

My Ride
    2003 Rsx Type S WHITE, Ninja zx250r

what about amkey?
    please don't flame me, or i'll have to learn how to use the ban button

Originally posted by TrevorK
    Quixtar evolved from Amway - so they're exactly the same.
    Yeah, some fat SOB car salesman tried to get me into his little 'e-commerce' enterprise.

I didn't know what this Quixstar stuff was, but when I started asking more questions the discussion lead up to multi-level marketing and finally AMWAY, then I said "Oh no....".

Then this guy started turning BEET RED with anger and says "WHAT"S WRONG WITH AMWAY!?!".

Then he goes through his propoganda pamphlet with all these sales figures to show the company is a success (in fucking people over) and starts making me feel bad, asking things like "would I lie to you?". LOL!

Funny thing is, when I showed some interest, he really started getting into it and wanted my phone number so he could call me and wanted to take me to a 'meeting' that was happening in town this past Wednesday, like he was going to date me or something.

Desperado!
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by lam-boy
    and my friend, i mean fuck him. i already told him to snap out and he just says its not his fault that in a few years he will tell me hes gonna retire when im busting my ass off at work.
    HAHA. A friend of mine told me that a couple years ago just as we were about to graduate. He said he'll be able to get a Porsche 911 in 2 years! I just smiled and nodded. Last I heard, he's working some bum job.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

It's simple - look at the products. Someone has to sell that shit to make money. If everyone gets a slice of profit, the prices have to be way higher than they should be in which case you will sell nothing except what you sell to friends and familly.

Get a good job, work hard, you will make money.

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    AE86

LOL, you guys dont even know what amyway quickstar is so you really shouldnt bitch about it.

All amways quickstar is like a internet superstore or any other bulk buying whare house the more you buy the more money you get back in the end, just the same as if you had a executive membership at cosco at the end of the year you get a percentage back. The only reason it sounds like a cult or scam is people get to caught up in the fact that they can have there own bussiness # to sell these goods and all they are trying to bring you in for is to buy from them just like any safeway. There are no kickbacks that you have to pay them all the get is an extra percentage becuase they are moving enough wholesale product that it makes everyone money.

But i will say if you wanted to buy bulk non =presiable foods it is a good idea but any place you buy from you have to watch the prices some things you can get cheaper other things you can buy cheaper at safeway.

So until you have actually been in this program and have seen past there bullshit sales idea dont talk smack on something you don't understand.

hes trying to suck us in. Don't look directly into his eyes.

My Ride
    2007 Acura TSX

I always got the Quixtar/Amway 'tards trying to recruit me when I worked in retail. They'd pretend to be customers, waste my fucking time, and tell me that I could make more money with a business proposition they have for me; pissed me off to no end.

What I started doing is when they asked if I would be interested in a meeting, I would say "sure, and since you're making all this money, it can be a meeting at Smugglers Inn (or any restaurant you like that costs a bit more than Denny's) and you can pay for me!" It was hilarious watching them try to back out of it after that.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

I'm in sales, and constantly get the Amway guys trying to recruit me.

You can smell them from a mile away, because they all use the same pickup line......."you seem like a sharp guy...."