Quantcast
Results from court re : speeding ticket april 8th - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Results from court re : speeding ticket april 8th

Default Results from court re : speeding ticket april 8th

Hey Im not sure if anyone remembers me. I posted way back in april looking for advice for a speeding ticket I got (I live in Ontario). I was doing 124 in a posted 70 ( it was a backroad that was recently changed from 80 to 70).. So I got stopped and got the ticket for 54 over and was told I needed to go to court. People on this site told em to get a lawyer quick and what not and I appreciate all of your advice. But I decided that I would go alone on this one and perhaps gain some experience talking witht the crown. So this mourning I went to the court and had a chat with him. We worked out a deal and instead of recieving the 500+ dollar ticket and 6 points with a 30 suspension I got it down to 3 points and 135 dollar ticket and no suspension. He knocked it down from 124 in 70 to 99 in 70. So Im very pleased with the results because in ontario at least insurence is measured by points. Me having 3 points I was told today will not affect my rates drastically. However I MUST keep a clean record now. So ya, basically court went great and Im pleased.. Thanks again.

Steve

P.S. --I was told today that I will still get my license suspended for 1 month just a will get a letter telling me that. Apparently because I have a g2 license. It wasnt by anyone in court but by a relative... does anyone know if this is true?

My Ride
    GAR CON!!!!!!!

Congrats.. lol u did good... and about ur license still being suspended. who told u, listen to what the crown said and no one else..

Originally posted by blueripper6
    Congrats.. lol u did good... and about ur license still being suspended. who told u, listen to what the crown said and no one else..
    Apparently its out of the crowns/judges hands. I was told Ill get a letter from the ministry telling me starting when I get the letter that I have no license. Im not sure if its true, we will c, hope not.

If anyone has opinions on the court result or suspension issue please post

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

Default Re: Results from court re : speeding ticket april 8th

Originally posted by traptor
    However I MUST keep a clean record now.
    Steve

haha, I keep telling myself that too. I do now try to drve slow, but now i end up getting tickets other than speeding, like make a prohibited turn, crossing double solid (at peter's drive in), no signal, etc.. Good luck on the whole thing, it ain't over yet..