Quantcast
Voter Turnout - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Voter Turnout

My Ride
    pedals

Default Voter Turnout

13,484,260 of 22,295,670 registered electors: 60.5%

Good work canadians on being not being lazy ignorant apathetic americans with a 50% reg. voter turnout. (they dont have automatic registration like here, so many folks dont even get counted. the real number could be as low as 40%).

Big up to us.

Default Re: Voter Turnout

Originally posted by hjr
    13,484,260 of 22,295,670 registered electors: 60.5%

Good work canadians on being not being lazy ignorant apathetic americans with a 50% reg. voter turnout. (they dont have automatic registration like here, so many folks dont even get counted. the real number could be as low as 40%).

Big up to us.
    thats extremely impressive! wow
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

what bout numbers for individual demographics?
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

My Ride
    2007 Acura TSX

Well I guess that's better than the US, but according to this story, that's the lowest voter turnout since Confederation:

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2004/06/29.../turnout040629

My Ride
    335i

What's so impressive? That's the lowest turnout in history.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
    what bout numbers for individual demographics?

usually really high for 55+ and lower for 18-29.

Pretty impressive this year though.

My Ride
    91 Civic

Thats down 4% from last election
    Originally posted by Ridelikeme

preludes are definately not slow.. they are the corvettes of the honda 4cylinder world..they float

My Ride
    GT TDi

ahah thats nothing. for this years EU elections, the lowest country turnout was 18%, with poland in second place with 21% or something like that, ahah. mainly because all the people in government are thieves, so people dont want to vote for anyone, because they all suck.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Why would'nt you vote? There's always a lesser of 2 evils.
    I really like the australian election process.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by bart
    ahah thats nothing. for this years EU elections, the lowest country turnout was 18%, with poland in second place with 21% or something like that, ahah. mainly because all the people in government are thieves, so people dont want to vote for anyone, because they all suck.
    That's not true. Any vote with under 50% turnout in several EU countries, including Poland, would render the vote invalid.

Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Personally I'd rather the people that are not informed stay home and not vote rather than play the eenie meanie minee moe game and pick the person with the coolest sounding name or prettiest party colors or something. Which is the main argument against enforced voting.

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

Originally posted by Khyron
    Personally I'd rather the people that are not informed stay home and not vote rather than play the eenie meanie minee moe game and pick the person with the coolest sounding name or prettiest party colors or something. Which is the main argument against enforced voting.

Khyron
    i voted magnus for mayor cause he sounded the coolest ahh to be 18 again lol
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    pedals

i was compairing it to the US. i didnt realize that ours had actually gone down. I feel ashamed for not doing all my research. Ill take it as a lesson and move on.

My Ride
    GT TDi

Originally posted by Weapon_R

That's not true. Any vote with under 50% turnout in several EU countries, including Poland, would render the vote invalid.
    here ya go: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3804803.stm

2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

This is untrue. Everything worked in Poland just fine with 20%...

There's one country in Europe that fines you if you don't vote. I think its Holland, but thats a brilliant idea. Forced democracy, then everyone can bitch and have a right to do it. It is encroaching slightly on your freedom but in the end it is to your advantage...

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

This is untrue. Everything worked in Poland just fine with 20%...

There's one country in Europe that fines you if you don't vote. I think its Holland, but thats a brilliant idea. Forced democracy, then everyone can bitch and have a right to do it. It is encroaching slightly on your freedom but in the end it is to your advantage...
    You're right - I read a link concerning presidential elections in Poland, which are slightly different. I don't know how credible my source was, however.

Forced democracy is still a terrible idea, however. Why force people who don't care to pick and choose a name and elect a candidate based on non-existant values or research.

Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

You're right - I read a link concerning presidential elections in Poland, which are slightly different. I don't know how credible my source was, however.

Forced democracy is still a terrible idea, however. Why force people who don't care to pick and choose a name and elect a candidate based on non-existant values or research.
    Well you could have the party's values on the ballot. All people are bound to hear something they like about one party, and choose that one. Just because they are lazy or think that their vote doesn't count they don't go vote. So if they were forced to vote, they would choose what party they want based on limited (but still there) research. Research could be listening to the radio or watching TV. 100% voter turnout would be amazing, would make the country a way better place and actually fulfill the meaning of a democracy.

thats what i did....dont no nuthin...stay home, dont vote...specially cuz this election doesnt really effect me much. Next election thouhg i wiolll re-think it