Quantcast
Anyone here a currency trader? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Anyone here a currency trader?

My Ride
    a tank

Default Anyone here a currency trader?

just looking for someone to exchange ideas at playing the money market. *this obviously will not apply to you and will not make sense if you know nothing about it otherwise I personally believe the money market has great potentials to earn a living (if you know what to do)

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Are you talking about buying certain currencies when they are worth less, and waiting for them to increase in value and sell them?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Originally posted by ~$eanith~
    Are you talking about buying certain currencies when they are worth less, and waiting for them to increase in value and sell them?
    Yeah, it's exchanging one currency for another and (hopefully) profiting from a change in the values of the currencies.

I trade, but don't touch FOREX, but it would be neat to get into.

Mega-high volume and open 24/7.

SilverRex, here's a forum you can check out for ideas, there are other helpful sections there you can checkout as well.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forumd...?s=&forumid=38
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by mwmhong

I trade, but don't touch FOREX, but it would be neat to get into.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forumd...amp;forumid=38
    so you mention you do trade but not the forex, so you mean you trade the stock market?

your right, forex market is very active and you can gain or loose 20-40% per day. so if you know what your doing, its a trader's dream come true.

I've been trading the forex for over 6 months now. and after taking an online course, it seems this particular market is for real. Since there are so many different systems outthere to trade I wonder what everyone is using.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Originally posted by SilverRex

so you mention you do trade but not the forex, so you mean you trade the stock market?
    Yes, on NASDAQ.

Mostly tech stocks like MSFT, SUNW, INTC, etc.
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    purple people eater

I've wanted to do currency trading ever since the Japanese Yen gave like a $7,000 profit on a $15,000 investment. Where can I take one of these online courses?

My Ride
    Evo X GSR

^^^Yah I'd be interested in learning about this stuff too.
    Its not the hand you're dealt it's how you play your cards.

Originally posted by SilverRex

your right, forex market is very active and you can gain or loose 20-40% per day. so if you know what your doing, its a trader's dream come true.

I've been trading the forex for over 6 months now. and after taking an online course, it seems this particular market is for real. Since there are so many different systems outthere to trade I wonder what everyone is using.
    realistically you are only supposed to invest 2% - 4% of your total balance. I have been in the forex market for a few months, if anyone wants to talk strategies or what not hit me up on msn

Originally posted by joseph
    ^^^Yah I'd be interested in learning about this stuff too.
    a good place for begginers to go is www.moneytec.com
    they have some really good forums in there.

My Ride
    Evo X GSR

Sweet! . Thanks!
    Its not the hand you're dealt it's how you play your cards.

Old thread... but on topic

I have been playing with the demo system on fxcm.com. Does anyone here use FXCM?

I have been somewhat successful over the past few weeks (earning about $300-500/day in play money) and I have only been keeping open positions using no more than $10,000 of my portfolio at any time. Generally I hold positions for no more than 30 minutes and am pretty conservative in buying and selling.

Does anyone know of any good realtime FX graphs? Free is preferred however I dont mind paying for good information, however I am not going to pay for a Bloomberg terminal (yet).

I assume like day trading there's no way someone can do this part time?

If you sit at a computer all day and arent too busy you could do it "part time".

Also, foreign exchange (FOREX) is constantly trading 24/7. However the EUR/USD (most popular currency pair) is the most liquid when the US and European markets are open.

Originally posted by sputnik
    If you sit at a computer all day and arent too busy you could do it "part time"
    or you can be like me and work at a forex software company, best of both worlds