Quantcast
Huge ticket- need help - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Huge ticket- need help

My Ride
    08 X5

Default Huge ticket- need help

my brother was driving back from edm yesterday morning and got pulled over goin 169 in the 110 zone...
    yes i know its gonna be hard 2 fite, yes i know hes dumb and shuldnt have been driving that fast, yes i know he put others in danger....bla bla bla

however is their nething we can do
    as in contact points or whatever other companies their are that can represent us

cuz what the police office sed was its gonna be between 900-1200$ fine, and 30-90 day suspension....

my brother has no problem wit the fine, its just the suspension and demerits......we also understand theirs no way 2 get them all taken off...whats the best way to go about this

btw the court is in panoka if that matters

any help is greatly appreciated

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    My Ride
    That Blue Car

panoka court = YER FUXORED

those guys are so hardcore on highway charges, its the only source of income for that lil hick town, good luck fighin this one.

My Ride
    08 X5

Originally posted by Gonthro
    panoka court = YER FUXORED

those guys are so hardcore on highway charges, its the only source of income for that lil hick town, good luck fighin this one.
    tru...the fine is no problem, its just the demerits, like honesty he wuld pay whatever so that the insurance doesnt gett affected and my mom doesnt find out
    shes alrady paying 8300 for his insurance..

8300!!!!!!!

holy shit, I think it might be a better bet just to take the ets

That sucks. Looks like she'll be paying more quite soon. Too bad, so sad.

My Ride
    08 X5

Originally posted by Kartelli
    8300!!!!!!!

holy shit, I think it might be a better bet just to take the ets
    well he needs his car, him not driving isint really an option...

My Ride
    That Blue Car

Originally posted by Jynx

whats he drivin?? if he got a lil beater not only would it lower insurance but it would prevent charges like this cos he would not b able to go that fast :P

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

wow d00d, I don't think you have much good news coming to you or your mother. Up to 49km/h over the limit is considered a minor speeding ticket, he's 59 over and if you're mom is paying that much in insurance, I'm guessing he's got some accidents or other major tickets in his insurance history. Even worse is its in Ponoka. The demerit points might be the only thing you can bargain on but don't count on it because its not like he was a little over the 49km/h limit, he was way over it, so there's not going to be a lot of room to deal.

Big fine, suspension, points and likely a big increase when it comes time to renew the insurance. Only thing I could suggest is volunteer to exclude him from the auto policy. This means he cannot drive - not his car, not his mothers, not yours. If he drives any other car, the other driver runs the risk of being rated at with his insurance history. What I'm getting at is your bro should probably take a break from driving for a long while. Or be prepared to pay a lot in insurance.

GL
    PS - insurance doesn't give a shit about demerit points - those points are only there for licensing purposes. If you get enough of them you lose your license. The damage of this ticket is already done with or without the points. Suffice it to say, with a major ticket on his record, any insurance policy he appears on will be considered high risk, which means extremely expensive rates.
    Last edited by 1badPT; 08-09-2004 at 03:23 PM.

My Ride
    Hybrid

There's always an option... especially when he's made enough stupid mistakes to make mommy pay that much for his insurance.

I'd sure as hell have a hard time justifying paying for insurance when the cost could buy me a new car every couple years.

Too little too late, but Ponoka is a known fishing hole... there's not much you can do to fight the ticket.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I've never heard of anyone being able to bargain for anything at Ponoka. Full demerits and full fines, everytime.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    08 X5

Originally posted by Strider

There's always an option... especially when he's made enough stupid mistakes to make mommy pay that much for his insurance.

I'd sure as hell have a hard time justifying paying for insurance when the cost could buy me a new car every couple years.

Too little too late, but Ponoka is a known fishing hole... there's not much you can do to fight the ticket.
    ok...what bout gettin a lawyer or goin threw one of those ticket fighting companies..?

My Ride
    That Blue Car

ok...what bout gettin a lawyer or goin threw one of those ticket fighitng companies..?
    phone one, tell them the situation and they'll give you an estimate price and what you can expect to receive as punishment.

My Ride
    Jeep

ok...what bout gettin a lawyer or goin threw one of those ticket fighting companies..?
    I don't honestly know how you're going to have a leg to stand on in court. Your only chance, IMO, is if the officer doesn't show up. That's how my friend got away once. The cop didn't show up and his lawyer whispered to him "get the F%$# out of here". He did.

Maybe begging for mercy. Either way I think he's screwed.

How old is your brother?

My Ride
    08 X5

Originally posted by Gonthro

phone one, tell them the situation and they'll give you an estimate price and what you can expect to receive as punishment.
    where can i find their names and numbers?

My Ride
    08 X5

Originally posted by JCX

I don't honestly know how you're going to have a leg to stand on in court. Your only chance, IMO, is if the officer doesn't show up.

How old is your brother?
    just turned 20..

My Ride
    2004 BMW 745Li,2003 Acura MDX,1998 BMW 325IS

where can i find their names and numbers?
    yellow pages, white pages, internet!!
    lots of places man

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Most of those places are only effective in big cities as they have friends in the local police departments and can have your ticket "unfiled" for a fee. In essence a ticket is a formal document of the police officer charging you for whatever infraction (speeding in this case) and the fee you pay to these ticket fighting companies is for them to get the officer to withdraw his charge. In the case that the ticket has already been processed and a court date set, then they just arrange for the cop to not appear on the court date.

Its worth a shot, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

What's a lawyer going to do? You didn't mention the cop acting out of line or pressing a false charge. You're bro was in the wrong and he got caught, these are the consequences of that action

My Ride
    95 trooper, 04 avy, 00 tahoe

see if u can get the court transferred to calgary.. if its in ponoka u are kinda fucked, my dad got a huge ticket there on the way to one of my hockey tourneyments, and we got it transferred to calgary.. he was doin over 150 in that same 110 area..

Originally posted by rage2
    I've never heard of anyone being able to bargain for anything at Ponoka. Full demerits and full fines, everytime.
    Same here. The people that I know who have received a ticket from Ponoka were pretty much screwed because they weren't given any lenience.

Originally posted by Ridelikeme
    see if u can get the court transferred to calgary.. if its in ponoka u are kinda fucked, my dad got a huge ticket there on the way to one of my hockey tourneyments, and we got it transferred to calgary.. he was doin over 150 in that same 110 area..
    How did it turn out? You're dad is lucky he got it moved!

holy cripes, your mom is the only mom i know that's willing to pay 8300 a year so her kid could drive.. if my insurance was up to 8300, my mom will tell me to go whore myself out..

best of luck on the fight..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast