Quantcast
PB Blaster.. anyone hear of it? Where can you find it locally? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: PB Blaster.. anyone hear of it? Where can you find it locally?

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Question PB Blaster.. anyone hear of it? Where can you find it locally?

Hey guys, i've heard that this product is the shit when it comes to taking out seized/frozen bolts from dudes in the states.. does anyone sell it locally? Has anyone used it? I have a task to use it on

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Not that I've seen... had to have some brought back from da states. It works pretty good I guess.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

It isn't that bad. I still have a can from the U.S. (same order as above ^^^^) I have some better stuff. ...

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by CLiVE
    I have some better stuff. ...
    Care to share with me what the better stuff is?

Sounds like you can only get PB blaster in the states though..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Originally posted by ~$eanith~

Care to share with me what the better stuff is?
    PEN Fluid 2000 (penetrating fluid) made my a company in Calgary. PM me for address, etc. They mainly sell to industrial...

or you can try the wax trick.....
    For very stubborn bolts. Heat the bolt with a torch - a propane torch will work on small bolts. Once the bolt is hot - just starting to glow red in really stubborn situations - then touch the threads with paraffin wax, with the bolt situated so that the wax runs down into the mating threads. Then remove the bolt. This almost always works.
    Last edited by CLiVE; 09-01-2004 at 10:14 PM.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

would that method work with lca bolts? i don't know if it would run down like that.. how much is that pen 2000 fluid? i won't bother if it comes in like a 4L jug lol

My Ride
    335i

I put liters of liquid wrench on my rear LCAs, and they wouldn't come off. We broke them trying to remove them, and ended up drilling them out. It's a bitch, but after 10 years, those suckers are on really good.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Originally posted by ~$eanith~
    would that method work with lca bolts? i don't know if it would run down like that.. how much is that pen 2000 fluid? i won't bother if it comes in like a 4L jug lol
    It comes in spray cans as well. Just under $10/can.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by CLiVE

It comes in spray cans as well. Just under $10/can.
    check pm

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    I put liters of liquid wrench on my rear LCAs, and they wouldn't come off. We broke them trying to remove them, and ended up drilling them out. It's a bitch, but after 10 years, those suckers are on really good.
    When you drilled out your bolt, were you able to still use the same lca/lca bushing? Did you start with a small bit then gradually move up until there was nothing left of the other bolt that was stuck?