Quantcast
Bullshit ticket from liar cop.... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullshit ticket from liar cop....

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default Bullshit ticket from liar cop....

I am driving home after a movie with my GF. Came up Macleod, then along 4th ave to center street. 1/2 block before center, there is a cop with his lights on sitting still. I go around him, and head up center street. Half way up the bridge, I see a set of headlights coming on fast, and then cherries. I pull over really slowly...

He claims I was doing 75, and that he "clocked me from a distance". He blatantly lied. At no time could he have had the opportunity to clock me. And I was doing well under 60..... I chekcd my speedo the moment I notice the lights accelerating to catch me.

So the dilemna....go to court and take a registered owner (pay fine, no points), or fight for whats right. Man, I wish you could go to court and call the cop a liar to his fucking face.

Toma

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

calgary cops dont have moving radar...while their moving that is....so that means he coulda clockd you, before you passed him...or right after you passed him, etc...

My Ride
    Honda

I've tried to deal with a ticket exactly like this before.
    No matter how you deal with it, you'll lose. The very second you even begin to imply the officer lied/made a mistake, the judge will hate you more than Paris Hilton hates the internet. I spent a long and hard time with my case, and I was turned down at every angle I could come up with.
    Eventually, I figured it wasn't worth the small ticket to keep up the fight.

cops like these are fuckers i hate em! gives the rest of em a bad name
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

A family friend of ours had a problem like this. Except he got out of his car and told the officer he wanted to see the radar reading on his gun and the police told him to get back into his car.. but he got out anyways and noticed there was no reading on the gun so they officer told him that he would 'let him off' with a seat belt ticket instead. This was in Airdrie though.... This guy has challenged the cops so many times and always gets off.
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

Originally posted by Dope Dealer
    A family friend of ours had a problem like this. Except he got out of his car and told the officer he wanted to see the radar reading on his gun and the police told him to get back into his car.. but he got out anyways and noticed there was no reading on the gun so they officer told him that he would 'let him off' with a seat belt ticket instead. This was in Airdrie though.... This guy has challenged the cops so many times and always gets off.
    this could also be fined if you do this in calgary, i HIGHLY wouldnt recommend bein a cocky shit here. its pretty much bein a threat to em if you get out and approach em.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    hearts on fire diamond engagement ring.

my best sugestion would be to fight it and talk to councel, for the most part they try and help you, tough luck
    Solid Gino......

My Ride
    89 Civic ZC

Are you under 18?

My Ride
    You Crazy

I am 32. "clocked" in calgary means that he simply matched my speed with his car, and checked his speedo to see how fast I was going.

I hate scenarios like this. Your word against the cops....

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Default Re: Bullshit ticket from liar cop....

Originally posted by Toma
    Man, I wish you could go to court and call the cop a liar to his fucking face.
    you can I would.
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by Toma
    I am 32. "clocked" in calgary means that he simply matched my speed with his car, and checked his speedo to see how fast I was going.

I hate scenarios like this. Your word against the cops....
    I'm sure this is helping your already stellar opinion of cops!
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

Good luck man. Either way you're getting fucked by the "man". If you have the time and money i would go to court and fight it. Don't say the cop is a liar, but say that you constantly checked your speed and the there is no chance that you were speeding. Get your GF to testify as a witness that you were not speeding. Suggest that even though the cop was doing his job, he made a mistake.

It would pretty much be you and your GF word against the cop's. It's up to the judge to decide. Just because some looser that probably failed out of school wears a blue shirt and carries a gun does not mean he's God!

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

Clocked means 'not radar' does it not?

Take him to court.

Ask him how you were clocked.

If he says with a stopwatch then ask him what he used as a distance reference. If it wasn't measured you can't be clocked. If it was measured you can and prove his innacuracy is due parallax error because he admitted it was from a distance. You can also catch him on physics.

After getting his 'measured distance' ask him what the timing was, to the tenth of a second. If he doesn't know then you should be 1/2 way out the door on a dismissal. If he does guess a number calculate it. If it doesn't match your ticket your done.

Secondly you should go and measure the distance from where he was parked and the place where you stopped. You could even video the distance if you know someone with a rally odometer. (show both the car's OD and the rally OD to prove both are correct) Then bust him on physics. Ask him how long it took him to catch you ... calculate his 'apparent' speed based on how long he said. Then ask him how fast he was going, using the measured distance calculate how long it should have taken him to catch you at that speed. Note that is is quite important to ask the questions and calculate without giving any answers, present your answers and proof of distance measured after. Just ask the judge politely for a couple of extra minutes to calculate each answer. (having the formula's pre-programmed into a calculator is a good idea.) One or probably both of those numbers will be way off and that should be enough to show his judgement in clocking you is wrong. Not only that but it makes him look like an ass in court.

Right, he could have clocked you while standing still right after you passed if his gun was on.
    However, he could have also paced with you, matched speeds and distances to approximate speed, and in the last case he may have just approximated the speed.
    All which are legal...

It's because the cops have a ticket quota. They have to give at least one ticket every shift (20 tickets a month).

I bought a radar/laser jammer, but if a cop really wants to give you a ticket he doesn't even need to use radar/laser.

The demerits won't hurt you that much since you're 32 so if you want to go and call the cop a liar to his face, then you totally could. But the judge will always take the cops word over yours.

"clocked" can mean anything, radar, laser, or estimate.
    ---

My Ride
    FZ1

Just go to court, chances are he won't even show up and it will be thrown out.
    Have them book it for a Monday morning or Friday afternoon, or someday just before or after a holiday.
    I've gone to court twice for speeding (radar) and both times they did not show up and it they were both thrown out.

My Ride
    2023 Durango SRT 392

You know, it was actually good that it happened. I have got quite a few bullshit tickets in my life, and my GF never believed me before.

You should have seen how mad she was last night.... I had to keep her calm so she would not call him a liar. She could not beleive what she saw. It was too funny. Even this morning she was like "how can they just do that"..... welcome to the real world. we are just pawns....
    "Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."

My Ride
    You Crazy

OOOPS, the above post "wrath" was me.... its a guy I work with and he was still logged onto this computer from yesterday....

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Originally posted by w3apon
    Just go to court, chances are he won't even show up and it will be thrown out.
    Actually chances are they will show up. They dont do all there paper work for nothing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast