Quantcast
Question about certified checks....? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Question about certified checks....?

My Ride
    Horse

Default Question about certified checks....?

ok, here is my situation:

I got a certified check for around $6000 and i was wondering if the bank will cash it for me on the spot if i actally went there and did it in person (not in a machine). I've heard that they hold it for a day or so. I need money tomorrow so i need to either cash it, or put it in and write a certified check to someone using that money.

what if i went the the branch that the check was made from?

anyone have experience with certified checks before?

thanx

If it's certified it should be put in automatically.
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    firebird

Some banks are cranky about that. Some still insist on a clearing time before you can get the cash, others wont.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Call your bank and see what they say.
    Far as I know Certified checks are basically cash, that's got your name on it. There shouldn't be any waiting period to cash it if you go to the teller.
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Plus if they hassle you and make you wait for the check to be cleared, just politely ask them if they can call the bank that issued it to you so that it won't inconvenience you. There should be no problem though.

Technically a cashier's check is better than cash...

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    My Ride
    That Blue Car

go to the issuing bank... they will give you cash for it. they will even give you cash for a personal cheque because they have the ability to look on their computer to verify the funds are in that account before the hand you the cash/.

My Ride
    firebird

I forgot about that. I know they can verify money orders on the spot but I am not sure about cashier's cheques. I am sure they can though. See if they can run a trace or verification on it.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Yah if you go to the teller then I'm sure once they see it's a certified check they'll allow you access to the full funds right away.

If you were to deposit it into your account using a bank machine they would probably put a hold on it.

Talk to the teller....they'll let you know for sure for sure.

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

This is what they'll do.

They'll have to verify the cheque by calling the bank that is labelled on it. If they say that it is good, then you'll get your cash.
    Some banks are more strict but it shouldnt be a problem

My Ride
    EF ZC-T, EK-T, Blazer, EF

The check is CASH. i know cause i own a bussiness. the automatically take it out of your account when you make a cerified check