Quantcast
Widebody Flame Wars - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Widebody Flame Wars

My Ride
    GTR Evolution and a G25

Default Widebody Flame Wars

[Insane discussion continued from the photo/movie section, called "Widebody SL" or something like that]

I knew people from ICQ and such who had CP, and then I tried it out just for the hell of it. Was a lot more fun than other online communities, though lately my interest for it has cooled off a fair bit.

Usually when I judge a car, I..
    1. Try to establish what it's intended use is
    2. Evaluate how well it perform the intended use
    3. Add some of my own bias (dislike for wasteful cars that are merely for commuting, dislike for show/rice/posers, like utility and no-nonsense approaches).

And smash - I write a comment. I sometimes get confliction ideas about what the car is really intended for by different people. Some say it's a track car, others say it's purely cosmetically (thus rice). So when someone changes the intended use, I try to judge it according to the new specified intended use.

My Ride
    changes daily :D

whoa! that sl isn't "rice"...there is no fucking way that you could call that rice! it isn't purely cosmetical, because if you would have read rage2's post, the car has 650 hp! it does need fatter tires in order to grip better, but in no way would/should that be considered rice...rice is a honda civic that has a big ass body kit, 19' rims, and cai and a fartcan muffler...this car has it for a reason...dumbass

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

here we go...

Alright. I agree with everything you have to say, you are entitled to your opinions, and they make sence, the only problem is that noone seems to be able to understand that I am calling you on the fact that regardless of what YOU feel the vehicles new intended purpose should be, or its current set up for its current use, is not what other people may share. Some people modify their cars just for the sake of modifying...they add wings and lights and all sorts of neat stuff that do not do anything for performance, and I agree with you that they are a waste, I'm merely stating that no matter how bloody stupid you think it may be, there will always be people who like it and have no problem with it. That is my entire arguement, so I dont know why people think I dont like debates or people having thier own opinions. Have all the opinions you want, just try be open minded about the fact that people will differ. I can respect that you wont change your views, thats great, its a strong trait to have, I'm just recommending that you be a bit receptive or appreciating with the things that dont go well with your values...stubbourness points go down, and respect values increase.

Cool?

Last edited by Ben; 11-16-2002 at 10:30 AM.
    Travel

My Ride
    GTR Evolution and a G25

haha, infamous, you are horribly silly. I said I thought it would probably just add drag and make it harder to drive around in traffic. Then rage2 and others were talking about that it needed those wide tyres when accellerating, and benny pointed out that it's illegal to have tyres stick out (wide ones).

Of course, one can still question wether or not that is really the intended use for it - the owner might well just use it as a show/display/status thing rather than lightning quick drag races on dry pavement.

My Ride
    changes daily :D

hmmm...mabye he wants his sl to be different....we know he has the power, and the looks to go with it. yeah he may use his car for show at times, but if/when he ever wants to race, it isn't purely show....

fag! you have to quit using that phrase "you are horribly silly"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by Mikko

Of course, one can still question wether or not that is really the intended use for it - the owner might well just use it as a show/display/status thing rather than lightning quick drag races on dry pavement.
    It has already been established though Mikko, the #1 reason the car is so damn wide is to fit those massive wheels requred to transfer that much horsepower and torque to the pavement. I would agree with you 100 percent if the car was like 200hp, or even 400hp, but its not...

I'm sure he did take looks into account, but i dont see why one can have a car with that much power and performance, and not look good too...is it a law that any car over 600hp has to look like that ford you posted up about? IMO, make your car look like whatever the hell you want it too if you have the power to back it up...if you are going to go widebody and all that good stuff, give that widebody a purpose...and to me...600+ horsepower is good enough purpose for me...
    Last edited by Ben; 11-16-2002 at 10:37 AM.
    Travel

My Ride
    GTR Evolution and a G25

We don't know the intended reason. But that is a good explanation, yes. Yep yep good explanation.

Though it'd be horrible in the winter :tongue:

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

No one in thier right mind would drive a 620hp car and not even remotely think that wider tires would not help traction...
    Travel

My Ride
    GTR Evolution and a G25

Actually, wider tyres are only better on dry tamarc if I'm not mistaken. You'll hydroplan faaaaaar far easier when/if it's wet, and don't even think about going anywhere when summer has ended.

But who knows, maybe it's a summer car only, or perhaps it really is a weekend track racer or drag racer? Don't forget about the most horrible unsprung weight added by having those big tyres on. So that almost definitely limits it's down to drag racing mainly. Perhaps some track on the side.
    Last edited by Mikko; 11-16-2002 at 11:46 AM.

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

We don't know the intended reason. But that is a good explanation, yes. Yep yep good explanation.

Though it'd be horrible in the winter :tongue:
    since the dude has such a nice SL, i'm assuming he has more than 1 car up his sleeves so basically, i think he'll have a winter car, most likely in this case an SUV or somethin heh

My Ride
    MDX

hell, maybe he lives somewhere that they dont have to worry about snow????

My Ride
    GTR Evolution and a G25

"he has more than 1 car up his sleeves so basically"
    silly, "up the sleeve".. lol.

Yep, you might both be right! Miami, Texas, Georgia, California, Saudi Arabia, who knows And even if it's not, probably more cars up the 'sleeve'..haha.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Yep, you might both be right! Miami, Texas, Georgia, California, Saudi Arabia, who knows And even if it's not, probably more cars up the 'sleeve'..haha.
    why are you laughing at what crxboi wrote?
    Travel

My Ride
    GTR Evolution and a G25

It was worded in a silly way! lol, it's just humor. Having a friggin car up ones sleeve.. I thought it was funny Don't know why I got so hung up on it. heheheheheh

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

i don't get it... see this is your problem mikko, i post something that's not in any way insulting you and you attempt, and may i say, feebly to make fun of me. what's up with that?

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

It was worded in a silly way! lol, it's just humor. Having a friggin car up ones sleeve.. I thought it was funny Don't know why I got so hung up on it. heheheheheh

Have you not heard the term "Hes got a few tricks up his sleeve", its on the same basis.
    Travel

My Ride
    GTR Evolution and a G25

Read my last post, CRXboi - I didn't mean ANYTHING bad by it, I just thought you were humorous saying that the guy had cars 'up his sleeve', like an ace or similar when playing cards. lol.

Edit: Yep Benny, I've heard of it. It's not nearly as humorous as in suggesting one has a car up ones sleeve though

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Read my last post, CRXboi - I didn't mean ANYTHING bad by it, I just thought you were humorous saying that the guy had cars 'up his sleeve', like an ace or similar when playing cards. lol.

Edit: Yep Benny, I've heard of it. It's not nearly as humorous as in suggesting one has a car up ones sleeve though

Its a metaphor big fella
    Travel

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

i posted at the same time u posted.

My Ride
    GTR Evolution and a G25

Yep I know, but the thought of taking it literally stuck in my mind.

By the way, I'm thinking about going out to snap some pics tonight. I haven't done that in weeks now. It was foggy earlier but now it's gone. Damned be it. I think I can snap a few good ones still.. hmm. Too bad all the snow is gone too.

CRXboi - I liked/enjoyed what you said, I approve of it. Relax! I'm not trying to make fun of you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast