Quantcast
Friends Not Paying You Back - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Friends Not Paying You Back

My Ride
    NC1

Default Friends Not Paying You Back

Ok gang, so we all have stories about how we let our close friends borrow money. You trust him/her to repay you, of course. But as time progresses (over 9 months) what do you do? My buddy owes me $400 and owes my other friend $550. It's one thing to not be able to come up with a lump sum payment, but what about monthly payments? Or even acknowledging that there is a debt and it needs to be paid?

Ok well he did bring it up about a month ago, something along the lines of this.

Buddy: Hey I stll owe you money right?
    Me: LOL Ummm....Yah
    Buddy: Do you need it right away?
    Me: Well I don't really need it but it is $400 and I would like it sooner or later.
    Buddy: Well I've had other debts to pay for and hard times man.

So of course buddy doesn't call me to hang out anymore, of course citing that I'm always with my gf. And even when I see him, you just know something isn't right.

So what's the deal? I never let friends borrow money in fear of this situation but because I had borrowed from him I figure I would return the favor. (I should note I paid him back in 2 days because I had no access to a bank machine at that time. LOL)
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

"Neither a borrower, nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend" - Shakespeare

My Ride
    335i

Happened to me with someone on this site. Karma will eventually get them bad.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Pinto

Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
    "Neither a borrower, nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend" - Shakespeare
    that may be well put but who gives a shit what some dude said hundreds of years ago lol

My Ride
    FJC, S30

i would ask for it back. if he was considerate he wouldve borrowed that money from you, pay for his shit, and his next paycheck shouldve went to you. thats the way i see it
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Happened to me with someone on this site. Karma will eventually get them bad.
    Dude who bolted to the other side of the world?

Originally posted by zer0

that may be well put but who gives a shit what some dude said hundreds of years ago lol

Anyway, I already see it unfolding, friendship will break apart if I seek this money. I think I know where buddy's reasoning lies. Because he thinks I do well for myself, there's no need for him to pay me back. Shit that ain't cool.......ahh whatever

Just posted to see what you guys have done since I'm sure you've encountered similar scenarios.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

ask for it.. IT's YOUR MONEY.. Ask for collateral (sp?) ask for $200, now, and the rest later, or work out a plan... just keep a receipt type deal going, and both you sign it so you both know how much was payed, and what's left.. I diden't do that, and was stuck trying to figure out how much he all ready payed back.. Good luck!

Originally posted by zer0

I put up that quote because nearly in 90% of all instances I've seen that is the case - you don't get shit back. Then again, other idiots I know in life think that something given to them temporarily is a present.
    Unless someone is gonna kill you if u default on a payment, find other sources of money and don't borrow off of friends.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

i had one "friend" borrow $400 in parts and then he wouldn't return calls or always had an excuse where the parts were or why he didn't have my money

live and learn i guess
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

i wouldn't give up, just keep haging him day after day after day! thats the only way your going to get your money back, if you keep letting it slip sooner or later you will just forget and give up!

-jonny

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

I now only implicitly lend money to my good good friend, knowing that they will (not just any good friend, but basically my best friend)

but I had a sit. where this "friend" took his time (3+ yrs) to pay me back for somethign in grd 12.....because he knew I didn't need it and was all "wellll i'm broke blabalbal" (which is bs coz he works tons)...but after paying for his UC deposit fee this past summer, i told him flat out to give it to me in 2 days..and he did..even tho he was "broke" i told him to figure it out

i'm pretty easy about money, so i guess it was my fault in a way...but it was his atitude about it like it wasn't a big deal or anything to me..that's what pissed me off more then just getting the money

but yeah, just ask for the money back, who cares what he thinks, it's your money
    Last edited by t-im; 09-20-2004 at 10:54 PM.

lam-boy Guest

Sam, you have to be like straightforward.

I lent my bud 700 bucks since April. and I asked him for it back because I needed my money. So now hes finally paying me back.

but good luck Sam, remember it is your money.

You know this happens to me quite alot. So what you do is call them , be like yo i need my money this week. If he is like oh i need to pay my phone bills , be like ok , you can do that but i want collateral . If he says no , then you take it to the next step. You know what that is..
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

Yup i agree. I friend is a friend but business is business. I have had a few people owe me money. Friend or no friend. Once money is exchanged it is business. If they don't want to deal with what will happen then they should go to a fucking bank. I step out of my way to help someone then they will damn sure make it right.

Like shit i would take $50 a week till its payed off. At least he is making the effort.

I think you should call louis and ask him to break some kneecaps.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

My "buddy" that owes me money took off to Edmonton to go to school... or so he says. He's probably there just smoking up! That bastard!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Shit Sam..... was it really neccessary to post this up in public? You know his cell number, or if you really needed the money, tell ME and I'll let him know for you. Hell, I barely see the guy anymore. None of us go out anymore.

It's not like you don't know the guy. How long have you known him? Does he seem like the type of person to not pay you back? If he says he's having hard times, I believe him. Or else he wouldn't have to borrow money, right?

Anyways, consider problem solved. You'll have your money on Friday.

My Ride
    '11 Honda RL '21 RDX '96 Civic Hatch

Originally posted by spike98
    Yup i agree. I friend is a friend but business is business. I have had a few people owe me money. Friend or no friend. Once money is exchanged it is business. If they don't want to deal with what will happen then they should go to a fucking bank. I step out of my way to help someone then they will damn sure make it right...

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

small claims man.. ....friends dont do that to friends

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
    small claims man.. ....friends dont do that to friends
    Friends take friends to small claims?

My Ride
    Honda

Originally posted by max_boost
    Because he thinks I do well for myself, there's no need for him to pay me back.
    Haha that's funny, and true.
    Those kind of "friends" are pieces of shit. You just need to wipe them off your ass and flush them down the toilet. Sometimes people you thought were your friends will turn on you in the blink of an eye when money's involved.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast