Quantcast
Where are all these high-paying jobs that don't need an education? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all these high-paying jobs that don't need an education?

My Ride
    Impreza RS

Question Where are all these high-paying jobs that don't need an education?

This kind of goes with the "is school useless" thread in Campus Chat. Some of you in there are making it sound SO easy to get onto a good career path.

Where are these jobs that start at $25k+ without any education? (other than menial labor jobs)

My Ride
    750Li

if you have retail experience itll open doors for you
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    TRD Pro

I think what rage was stating is that there is not any jobs out there for the average joe for 25k. There is for a secretary but nothing really else. You still have to know what your doing! for example: Im an I.T. Manager and I only have highschool under my belt and im making well over that! You cant just go into anywhere and expect to get paid 25k+ if you have no skills
    Originally posted by Melinda

You certainly are not a very nice person though.

sales, anything that isn't considered an overhead in a corporation.

My Ride
    NC1

Open your own business

If I had more resources at my disposal (personnel mainly)
    I would open up a new Chinese restaurant in the 130th AVe mall between Mckenzie Towne and Douglasdale. We are already tapping into that market and we are up in Riverbend!!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Apex Predator

Tradeswork pays wicked if you don't mind working with your hands. Or as others have said, start your own business.
    Last edited by NickGT; 09-27-2004 at 11:25 PM.

"She takes premium dude! PREMIUM!!! DUDE!!!!"

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Future shop for retail sales. If you can type, go get a typing office job. Or a receptionist. Or general office help. Or sign up with a temp agency. TONS of options, just gotta get off your ass and look for a job.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    750Li

dude try and get a lower retail position, I was 16 got a job a t winners, then aldo etc., now Im 21 in an office managment position with a major cellular company working with people under me who have mba's!

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

hey rage im good at answering phones! HIRE ME! hahahah

There are PLENTY of jobs out there that pay $25k with no education.

Sales : Future Shop 25k easily, potential of up to 60 - 80k, top earners get paid 100k+

TeleSales : Telus Call Center

If you don't like sales theres the office admin jobs, data entry, secretarial, food delivery, etc.
    ---

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

OK I just went on monster.ca, searched for office jobs, and pulled up the first few that listed salary (most don't). These are all your basic office jobs. First 3 are from same company which means you'll have a high chance of getting the job if u present yourself well enough.

$20800-$29120
    http://jobsearch.monster.ca/getjob.a...id=226&fn=2&q=

starts at $24960

$20800-$29120

$22000-$25000
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

And remember, these are jobs that you can start out in, and if you can find interest in the company you work for, easily move up to different roles, for more money, more experience, where you can hop to other companies... nice chain reaction.

But Chim, I recommend you do go to school. You weren't even motivated enough to find jobs like this, so I doubt you'd survive even a secretary's job.

My Ride
    bus

become a tradesman and go work oilfield , up north in fort mcmurray
    journeyman electrician=32.22/hour , fridays time and a half (48.33) saturday and sundays double time (64.44)

My Ride
    Impreza RS

I'm not saying I'm gonna quit school, just getting some good ideas for when next summer comes. You guys are saying that it is possible to move up and get some really good experience, so I want to find a good place to start and work my way up (part time during school) and get some good experience. Just combining the best advice of both worlds

And I don't know how you guys assume I didn't have motivation to get a decent job. I started searching in March, must have handed out at least 50 resumes and applications (most of which were for typing positions which would suit my 90 WPM), and best I could land was Crappy Tire

Starting my own business is something I would love and have always wanted to do, but I don't even have an idea of what to sell. Just the idea of being at the top of the ladder is very appealing to me. I don't have the capital to start a resturant or anything, so this option is kind of ambigious.

Thanks for all the good replies so far, keep 'em coming!

Originally posted by NickGT
    Tradeswork pays wicked if you're handy and don't mind working with your hands. Or as others have said, start your own business.
    But even trades people require some education, like a journeyman or apprenticeship to get paid well.
    And the liability factor. Big companies, like where I work, only want educated tradesmen.
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    car

Originally posted by redblack
    become a tradesman and go work oilfield , up north in fort mcmurray
    journeyman electrician=32.22/hour , fridays time and a half (48.33) saturday and sundays double time (64.44)

This would require taking up the apprentership at a technical institute like sait or nait. Only after u get your journeyman (4 years, do u make around $32 hr). I started working at a instrument skid shop, and made 12 bucks hr. Only the ppl there that had their ticket(journeyman) made the good money. Therefore, u need postsecondary to make good money....even in the trades.

My Ride
    Apex Predator

Originally posted by Ferio_vti

But even trades people require some education, like a journeyman or apprenticeship to get paid well.
    And the liability factor. Big companies, like where I work, only want educated tradesmen.
    That depends on the trade and liability is why businesses have insurance. I work for the family business, a small business, installing residential glass for a living. Its not glamorous, but its incredibly challenging and always interesting. Is there a course at sait, yah sure, would it help me, probably not considering there are so many different window manufactorers it really depends who's product your working with. I'm sort of following in my old man's footsteps (he has 26 years in the trade - who better to learn from). Experience, workmanship, and reputation speak for themselves. If you think money can't be made in trades without school you need to think again. I am not alone, there are tons of guys out there who started out as laborers and along the way pick up a trade.

I'm happy anyways
    Last edited by NickGT; 09-28-2004 at 06:20 AM.

Originally posted by NickGT

That depends on the trade and liability is why businesses have insurance. I work for the family business, a small business, installing residential glass for a living. Its not glamorous, but its incredibly challenging and always interesting. Is there a course at sait, yah sure, would it help me, probably not considering there are so many different window manufactorers it really depends who's product your working with. I'm sort of following in my old man's footsteps (he has 26 years in the trade - who better to learn from). Experience, workmanship, and reputation speak for themselves. If you think money can't be made in trades without school you need to think again. I am not alone, there are tons of guys out there who started out as laborers and along the way pick up a trade.

I'm happy anyways
    thats the biggest thing, is that you're happy. some of the happiest people in the world are people who work with their hands.

personally id love to learn a trade like electrician or something.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Apex Predator

Originally posted by 403Gemini

thats the biggest thing, is that you're happy. some of the happiest people in the world are people who work with their hands.

personally id love to learn a trade like electrician or something.

For us, we travel alot to so many job sites in a day, meeting so many people, and basically set our own schedule and pace its great. Of course it's really tough some days (especially the last couple days) but other days its a cakewalk. We install anywhere from 20-50 pieces of glass in a day and work is always steady. There is alot of glass out there, especially with all the monster homes being built with huge window walls and such.. Alot of which in time will either have seal failures, or crack, or be broken... its never ending. Things are only designed to last so long and then they need to be replaced.. Its alot like cars heh. Oh and theres that feeling when you sit back and look at the finished product and can take pride in what you have accomplished. Oh and when you make good money - it helps too
    Last edited by NickGT; 09-30-2004 at 08:38 PM.

Originally posted by Chim
    I'm not saying I'm gonna quit school, just getting some good ideas for when next summer comes. You guys are saying that it is possible to move up and get some really good experience, so I want to find a good place to start and work my way up (part time during school) and get some good experience. Just combining the best advice of both worlds

And I don't know how you guys assume I didn't have motivation to get a decent job. I started searching in March, must have handed out at least 50 resumes and applications (most of which were for typing positions which would suit my 90 WPM), and best I could land was Crappy Tire

Starting my own business is something I would love and have always wanted to do, but I don't even have an idea of what to sell. Just the idea of being at the top of the ladder is very appealing to me. I don't have the capital to start a resturant or anything, so this option is kind of ambigious.

Thanks for all the good replies so far, keep 'em coming!
    Not that I would EVER suggest working at crappy tire, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, but to make a point, I was making 28,000 a year there when I left, so it's possible even there to make the money if you are willing to work for it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast