Quantcast
Weiser Locks for Stores - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weiser Locks for Stores

Default Weiser Locks for Stores

Does anyone have a rough idea how much these locks cost to replace?
    I mean, has anyone had it done and actually got the price of it?
    There are some online stores that sell just the lock but I want to know about the install too..
    ahhh life sucks

I'd go with Medeco if you're replacing a store lock.

http://www.medeco.com/products/produ...p?section_ID=1

Don't know the costs though.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

we have almost every kind of weiser lock at my work (we do industrial architecture) and depending on which make/model you want the price will vary. if the door is prepped for a lock already, installation is quite simple.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

Is the lock broken?

nope,
    to make a long story short, found out someone went thro my car, everything was thrown everywhere, two things were found missing later... the money in my car which was pennies, nickels, and dimes (under 40 cents) and also my work keys (which were unmarked) and then the perp smoked in my car and ashed in the middle consol
    discovered the work keys were missing, yesterday had the locks/keys replaced... got a quote for around $1100 plus the set of 60 keys around $250-300... I just wanted to know if that was accurate or I got scammed and I also wanted an idea of how much I was looking at before it was done yesterday.
    So waiting for the final bill.. 3 store locks were replaced
    I feel sick

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
    nope,
    to make a long story short, found out someone went thro my car, everything was thrown everywhere, two things were found missing later... the money in my car which was pennies, nickels, and dimes (under 40 cents) and also my work keys (which were unmarked) and then the perp smoked in my car and ashed in the middle consol
    discovered the work keys were missing, yesterday had the locks/keys replaced... got a quote for around $1100 plus the set of 60 keys around $250-300... I just wanted to know if that was accurate or I got scammed and I also wanted an idea of how much I was looking at before it was done yesterday.
    So waiting for the final bill.. 3 store locks were replaced
    I feel sick
    You couldn't just get them re-keyed?

Originally posted by bspot

You couldn't just get them re-keyed?

That is MUCH cheaper than replacing the locks. Your locksmith pwn3d you.

I didn't even know that they had done that because when I got to work they had replaced them all. I'm waiting for the bill but it seems abnormally high.

Your work is making you pay to replace the locks because someone stole your keys?

yes they are
    I just have to wait to see what's going on, filed a police report as well but when I got the keys I signed on for the responsibility of them. This whole thing sucks...

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

I would quit in a second. That is absolute junk.

you get robbed, and your employer stiffs you for having their keys to do your job for them at the time?

Weak. Kick you boss in the junk on your way out, and find somewhere that appreciates you more as an employee.

you get robbed, and your employer stiffs you for having their keys to do your job for them at the time?

Weak. Kick you boss in the junk on your way out, and find somewhere that appreciates you more as an employee.
    well that's sorta outta the option. Basically one of my close friends is one of the managers of the stores and I was hired on because of her. The pay is sooo low there and it'll take me months to pay this off and I don't want to run off on this job and screw her over because it just reflects really poorly on her. Blah... feeelinnn sick sick sick...

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

I understand you not wanting to make your friend look bad but I'm sure she would understand - that is BS! I agree with bspot.

Why would they take 40 cents and a ring of keys? Sounds like they were only there for the keys, and sounds like its someone that doesn't like you.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
    Why would they take 40 cents and a ring of keys? Sounds like they were only there for the keys, and sounds like its someone that doesn't like you.
    I dunno.. I couldn't believe they had the time to sit there and smoke in my car after they did this. My car is the one closest to the second floor parkade entrance. It's someone in the building. The building requires a key pass to get into the parkade, two sets of doors which require a key, and then a key pass to get up to your floor. Only my car was the only one that was rummaged through and everything was scattered. Makes me sick that people do shit like this. The keys weren't marked though and had nothing on them and they can't even get into the stores because there's a crazy alarm system in them. I set it off once and within 5 minutes I had two calls from the alarm centre asking what was going on and some guy had already been dispatched and showed up like 5 minutes after that. There's nothing to take in my car - maybe they thought my keys were another set to the building. Who knows.

Check to see if your car insurance or home insurance will reimburse you for the costs. I think you have a strong case for a claim.

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
    Check to see if your car insurance or home insurance will reimburse you for the costs. I think you have a strong case for a claim.
    hmmm... I dunno... but isn't there some type of deductible because I sorta checked that before and the deductible was $1000. If that's the same thing. I don't know if I want to run anything through insurance, now with all these insurance increases. I'm just sweatin waiting for the final bill to see.. right now I'm just running on what my bosses 'expect' the total is.
    And would insurance even pay for the replacement of the store locks? Or would they just pay for the replacement of the keys since that's what was taken.

I have to see the bill first since it was already done but I'm hoping I didn't get ripped off too much.. Arrgggg Fuckign loser in this building, I wanna kill him!

Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
    And would insurance even pay for the replacement of the store locks? Or would they just pay for the replacement of the keys since that's what was taken.
    If the insurance company pays for anything, I would guess they'll only pay for the re-keying of the locks plus new keys. Cutting replacement keys for the old locks is useless because security of those old locks has been compromised. I doubt they'll pay for new locks because re-keying is cheaper and insurance companies will pay the least amount possible to settle a claim.

Maybe this falls under your home insurance and you won't have to go through car insurance.

hmm... would you happen to know where I would look if I want to find out if I'm liable for these payments even if I signed a form saying I'd be responsible. It's not as if we really had a choice if we wanted to take the keys or not because I would have preferred not to have responsibility for them.
    Someone help!

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Do you have a copy of your job offer? That will usually contain terms and conditions of your employment. If its not specified there, it would be specified somewhere else that they had you sign off on. If they don't have anything with you signing off on you probably have a strong case for not having to pay. I might be able to hook you up with a paralegal friend of mine to see if you want.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast