Quantcast
finishing high school - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: finishing high school

My Ride
    My feet

Default finishing high school

I would like to ask if anybody knows the cheapest place for me to finish my high school courses. I finished grade 12 two years ago, and have been working full time since but now that I have some extra money I would like to finish my high school. I know you can either go through Chinook college or CBE...but I also heard from a friends friend that there is a thing called adult education and its free for anyone finishing High school...like it wouldnt cost me a dime to finish my classes and get my diploma. Does any one know anything of this or is this person just imagining it?Any positive help at all would be appreciated. Thanks

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

waitm you said you finished grade 12 2 years ago but want to finish some courses?

how many and which courses do you need to take?

hmm why dont you go through AADAC? its free!

My Ride
    99' Civic Si

Gotta love it when the "cool" HS kids learn some reality, I'll bet you wish u hadn't gone to burn blunts while the rest of us were getting our free education now

jk man, good for you for finishing it off, I don't have any advice though, Most people I know go through Chinook College, but you might consider Alberta Distance Learning...

My Ride
    My feet

Naw...I wasn't a bad student I just screwed up my last semester by taking too hard of courses and not having enough time to finish homework and stuff...I have to redo Social 30...that's the only one but its an important one.Thanks to all for your info...

My Ride
    '05 Mazda3

My buddy graduated last year, but he wants to get into the X-ray Tech program in Sait which requires Bio, Calc, etc etc. So he consulted the principal about taking these courses that he didn't take last year at the same high school (basically upgrading at the high school for free instead of paying for Mount Royal classes).
    With you being out of gr12 for 2 years now, I'm not too sure if they'll allow you to go back to your highschool to upgrade. But it's just something to keep in mind. By the way, what are you planning to do/take/go after upgrading?
    Good luck.

PS: If you want to die, go into Engineering.

My Ride
    Wristshots

chinook college is the way to go....but visit the alberta learning website and u'll find out all ur options.

http://www.chinooklearningservices.c...05SelfDir.html

The 'third term' is starting up in February which would be the earliest insertion point for you.

I think the course is about $400+ because it happens to be a diploma exam course.

This is for self-directed learned. Go at your own pace kind of thing. Good luck.