Quantcast
Since Fido's suctomer service is a bunch of idiots, maybe you can help. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Since Fido's suctomer service is a bunch of idiots, maybe you can help.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Default Since Fido's customer service is a bunch of idiots, maybe you can help.

hey guys, i called fido 3 times with the same question and got 3 diffrent answers...

i recently got fido service and i am looking at getting a new phone, i dont want any contract BS so i am looking to buy from ebay or some other source for unlocked phones...

anyways, my question is what bands would be necessary for service in north america?? for normal use and roaming, i dont plan to ever go overseas (as it is the farthest from calgary i have been is great falls montana) so i am looking for a phone that will give me the best converage, basically locally, and maybe within north america... right now i have a samsung s300 (tri band 900/1800/1900) and in the basement suite in which i live i get really poor reception but i need better reception as i do not have a land line and i am on call for work...

if you could suggest a reasonably priced phone that will give me very good reception in this area, all the bells and whistles aren't really necessary, i'd just like a flip phone with a colour screen inside and call display (even monochrome) outside.
    Last edited by Thaco; 12-14-2004 at 03:15 PM.

Im pretty sure we are on the 900/1800. My samsung works great in my basement at home in hawkwood. But I recently switched over to Telus to get a free phone and free airtime for a year (you might want to look into that) Telus reception is HORRIBLE in hawkwood, but I called them about it, and they have technicians out testing and will most likely put up a tower in hawkwood. Talk about customer service!

north american bands are 1900/850... in europe they run on 1800/900

Originally posted by interlude
    ...and they have technicians out testing and will most likely put up a tower in hawkwood...
    talk about bullshitting! Id bet money that'll never happen

My Ride
    c300

maybe get a phone with the 850band and roam onto rogers while ur in the basement

they'll start charging a monthly fee after this year though for using rogers on fido but it shouldn't be too much

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Originally posted by xDiMSuMx
    maybe get a phone with the 850band and roam onto rogers while ur in the basement

they'll start charging a monthly fee after this year though for using rogers on fido but it shouldn't be too much
    nice of them to mentiont hat to me ... erggg ... i hate rogers, buti love GSM, fido is beginning to irk me, previously i had good experiences with them...

i'll have to find a phone with the 850 band.