Quantcast
World juniors - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: World juniors

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Originally posted by gongSHOW

Uhhh dude the whole point of a "one piece" is that it is one piece, there is no blade puchasing it is all one stick. Just like a wood stick you would buy, they do make a difference, whether it is a $250 difference is debatable. Also what most people dont' know is that the sticks that the pros use are "professional grade", they have a thinner wall to increase perfomance, by reducing ressitance as well as reducing response time. Subsequently the break easier than the ones you and me can buy.
    Yeah my bad, I've used Synergy's which are one piece, but also Synthesis's which are a two piece version of the Synergy.

My attitude towards them, is unless hockey is a top priority in your life and you are playing 6 days a week or so where you can develop yourself to feel the benefits of a one-piece composite... stick to wood sticks if breaking them bothers you as much as it bothers me.

Originally posted by habsfan
    just to get back to the macguire commentary for a second here, did anyone else laugh histerically when he said the russians were "going down like free beers at a frat party"?
    Yeah that was hilarious, you could tell how angry he was about the Russians diving.

My favorite from the game was "IT'S A DOUBLE DION!"
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

I love the synthesis shaft/blade.. I own two of them, silver and yellow grip. They last a long time, and I play hockey about 3 to 4 times a week. The blade on my silver synthesis is finally breaking after maybe 30-40 icetimes. I would definetly recommend the synthesis... its worth the $320 you spend on it

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Originally posted by interlude
    I love the synthesis shaft/blade.. I own two of them, silver and yellow grip. They last a long time, and I play hockey about 3 to 4 times a week. The blade on my silver synthesis is finally breaking after maybe 30-40 icetimes. I would definetly recommend the synthesis... its worth the $320 you spend on it
    Man it's weird, exact opposite for me. When I was using the Synthesis I was playing 3 times a week, I would take good care of my sticks, I would never leave them outside in the garage in the cold, but still it snapped.

I think a lot of it has to do with shot mechanics and such, quite frankly I'm happy with wood sticks for now.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by interlude
    I would definetly recommend the synthesis... its worth the $320 you spend on it
    I still can't justify spending $320 on a stick. But it's just because I suck though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4