Quantcast
What Tires you guys running??? Experiences??? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Tires you guys running??? Experiences???

My Ride
    Cayenne TT

Default What Tires you guys running??? Experiences???

I've had alot of tires, most of them sucked...

- BF Euro T/A (on my old civic) *good tire at the time (only one with a 40 series)

- Bridgestone RE-92 (Stock Tires on alot of cars) *SUCK*

- Pirelli P7000 *pretty good*

- Pirelli P7000 Supersport (all season) *SUCK*

- Advan 032R *Awesome track tire* *Shitty street tire* Super loud...and BAD in the rain!!!

- Yokohama Parada *Awesome* these tires are awesome so far I've had them on the highway to edmonton in the snow...around the city, and on the track...Best all around tire so far!!!

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Default Re: What Tires you guys running??? Experiences???

Originally posted by WBB6
    I've had alot of tires, most of them sucked...

- Yokohama Parada *Awesome* these tires are awesome so far I've had them on the highway to edmonton in the snow...around the city, and on the track...Best all around tire so far!!!

Thats an excellent tire, I cruised around in a GTI with those on it, and damn, it gripped like a mother fark!
    Travel

Clem is offline FLAMESFAN 4LIFE-Canes in 4
    My Ride
    Turbo AWD Sled

Michelin Pilot Sports - Awesome

Toyo T1-S - Awesome

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Toyo T1-S - fantastic tire. Excellent grip from the get-go, no need for them to heat up to grip well. Extremely good rain tire too. Worked excellent for autocross and road course use. Only downside is it was noisy.

Kumho Ecsta 712 - Very impressed with these. Almost the same level of grip as the T1-S but $100 less per corner in my size. Also a very loud tire but once again very good in the rain/deep water.

Bridgestone RE-92 - quite possibly the worst tire I have ever driven on.

Nokian Hakka 1 - fantastic snow tires. Excellent grip on ice too.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Toyo T1-S - one of the best for the money street, rain, track.

falken grb tune 2-good dry and wet weather. sticks like crazy. tread wear sucks ass.

RE-92 ok for dry summer weather. wet they suck. winter they caused me to slide into a curb. wrecked control arm, hub, bearings, seals......etc

nokian nrw-good grip in snow and ice. good tread wear.

My Ride
    08 BMW 328i, 03 Turbo SVT Focus

All I can say is the stock Eagle RSA's on the Z24 are the worst tire I have ever had... And the BF Goodrich Radial TA's on my Mustang are the stickiest bastards for straight-line racing I've used.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I really like the Toyo T1-S's. I'm on my 5th set on the SLK now. They do wear out a bit quick for my tastes though (close to S-02 level on the 944). The Toyo's are decent in the rain, but they're shit when they start to wear. Oh, and the hydroplaning in standing water, quite scary.

I'm using Kumhos on the 944 now, and it's a mediocre tire. I did get really good traction down the drag strip though, not sure if it was the tire or if Race City actually prepped the launch surface really nice that day. Haven't driven the Kumho's in the rain at all.

I'll be getting Kumho's next on the SLK so I can do a back to back comparison. I'm trying to see if I can wear out the T1-S's within a month (about 65% worn already after 2 weeks).

I miss my S-02's. Can't afford them especially for autocrossing. They were very grippy when cold or hot in the dry, and just mindboggling in the rain (before they start wearing out...)
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Parada Spec-2's: Pretty happy with these tires. Good price, good grip, but noisy and not impressive in the rain.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Paradas, hate them, fien for just cruising around but suck for high speed driving and cornering.
    I want to go with the s02's or the falken azenis st-115's those are both supposed to be qicked tires!
    I can't believe you front wheel drive guys like the paradas, my best friend has them on his type R and he can't stand them either
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Paradas, hate them, fien for just cruising around but suck for high speed driving and cornering.
    I want to go with the s02's or the falken azenis st-115's those are both supposed to be qicked tires!
    I can't believe you front wheel drive guys like the paradas, my best friend has them on his type R and he can't stand them either
    Well I haven't really had much experience with any other tire other than my Parada spec2's so I really don't have a point for compairison

I don't think you can really compare s02's to Parada's though. s02's are like twice as expensive

i need a set of 215/35/18's... anyone know a really good place to buy tires for cheap? my budget is kinda tight... not like all you high ballers out there!

S02s- Fantastic tires, especially in the dry. Grip very well, great feedback, a little uneasy in the rain. The biggest downside of this tire is that they wear so fast.

Dry 9/10
    Wet 7/10

S03s- See S02s. slightly improved dry grip, slightly improved wet grip. wear quickly

Dry 9/10
    Wet 8/10

RE730s- Fantastic grip, wet & dry, much longer tread life than S02/S03 tires.

Dry 8.5/10
    Wet 9/10

My Ride
    2008 Z06

I like my Potanza RE 950's. Their 60 series sidewall doesn't help though, but they're great in the rain. They do hang on really well before they start to squeal. I got them because they seemed to be the best all around tire for my ultra cool 14" steelies.

Before, I had Aurora winter tires on the front, and I can confidantly say that it's really great to have a set of winter tires in the winter, because these Potenzas are horrible in the snow.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ekliptix; 06-11-2002 at 12:51 PM.
    Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by E36M3
    S02s- Fantastic tires, especially in the dry. Grip very well, great feedback, a little uneasy in the rain.
    Really? It's weird, the S2000 guys are complaining about S02 performance in the rain as well. When I had S-02 (non PP) on the 944, the car was god in the rain. I can take corners at really good speeds, blowing by everybody. Hell, I flew through standing water at 220km/h without hydroplaning. Drove back from Edmonton to Calgary in heavy rain, about 1hr 45 mins.

When the tire wore down though, about 70% worn, it's quite slippery in the rain. I spun out on the turnoff from 5th Ave to Memorial Dr. east. The bumpy road, worn tires, and heavy right foot kicked the tail out quite fast... complete 360 without hitting anything, and didn't even stall! =)
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Michelin Pilot Sports, drove to Vancouver through hail, rain and snowstorm at "decent" speeds and they were quite good. During the white out blizzard snow storm up in the mountains, I had cruise control at 120 and it was quite stable going in a straight line but on lane changes I would lose traction and traction control would kick in and shut off cruise control for me. I hydroplaned once passing a couple big rigs and a bunch of cars all at once--hit a semi large puddle going at a "very very decent speed".

The tires did better than I thought through the various stormy weather conditions, and the best thing of all, we drove through the rain and hail storm with the top down and didn't even get wet at all! We did put the top up right before the snowstorm though (what a good decision that little rest stop proved to be).
    ---

My Ride
    335i

Default tires

Running Michelin Pilots and they are great tires. Good handling, sticks to the road pretty good.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by kenny
    --hit a semi large puddle going at a "very very decent speed".
    What the hell is a very very decent speed?

Anyway, stock tires bridgestone potenza re92s on my lude almost killed me twice! They suck ass!No BS!

Testify fellow lude owners!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

with the stock RE92's i had a few close calls. got into one accident and caused more than $3k in damage before got rid of them.

Don't blame the RE92's, slow down.
    ---

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast