Quantcast
CMP, Stampede, or SOS? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: CMP, Stampede, or SOS?

My Ride
    2007 Nissan Versa

Default CMP, Stampede, or SOS?

I was recently hit by some guy in a parking lot and have just got the okay to go get the damage fixed by his insurance company. It's out of province, so things have been taking a little while longer than usual.. and I don't want to complicate the process any more by taking my car to a shop of my choice (it's just an '90 Accord..)

The three shops that were listed for me were CMP Classic, Stampede Pontiac, and SOS Paint and Body Shop.

Which shop do you suggest I should take it to? Distance away from me doesn't matter, since they're in the NE, SE, and SW.. and I'm up in the NW... but I'm curious to know what your opinions are about these three shops.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

I heard CMS and SOS are not bad .. not sure about Pontaic ..

But you know what ? I will suggest Maranello Auto body anyway ! do some research ( even from Beyond.ca ) Maranello is awesome ! and fair price ! ( but will take long time usually ! since they are always busy )

Give them a call : 230-8900 ... their address is around 36 ave and 2 st NE

And you will see lots of PORSCHE, FERRARI ( may see F40 ! ) Lambo ( a 05 Lambo was there last month ! ) BMW, BENZ ... all those high-end cars .. so .. it can tell how good they are !
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by C4S
    I heard CMS and SOS are not bad .. not sure about Pontaic ..

But you know what ? I will suggest Maranello Auto body anyway ! do some research ( even from Beyond.ca ) Maranello is awesome ! and fair price ! ( but will take long time usually ! since they are always busy )

Give them a call : 230-8900 ... their address is around 36 ave and 2 st NE

And you will see lots of PORSCHE, FERRARI ( may see F40 ! ) Lambo ( a 05 Lambo was there last month ! ) BMW, BENZ ... all those high-end cars .. so .. it can tell how good they are !
    He said he didnt care and would go with the autobody shops provided since it isn't a super high class car

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Oops.. I don't mean Maranello only do high-end cars ..

Lots of Honda/Toyota/Ford go there too .. but when u see some nice cars overthere, just more confident to that shop !

As I said CMS and SOS should be a good body shop to go too.
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    2007 Nissan Versa

heh, yeah.

Even though the car is in really good shape, it's still a 15 year old car, and I know that most body shops are going to do a good job.. so it's a LOT easier for me to use one of the shops listed by this guy's insurance company than getting an estimate, faxing it to his insurance, getting them to clear it, and then me having to wait even longer to get this fixed.

I'd rather take it in, get it fixed and have the shop send the insurance company the bill.. no waiting around...

I've had some work done at CMP classic, they're not bad, not the greatest either. Make sure you inspect their work afterwards. When I had a bumper repainted, they did a great job. When I had a quarter panel dent repaired, it wasn't so good. They didn't properly blend in the paint, so you could see where they cut the panel, and when they replaced the moulding, you could still see the two sided tape. But I went back and they fixed it up no problems. Good service at any rate.
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    GMC : S15 sierra clasic (2.8), Jimmy SLT (4.3)

CMP and Stampede are both good chops with great guys working in them.. they ve both put out good work and some of the painters do amazing work.

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

My Ride
    MKIII VR6 GTi, 08 Si Coupe

I could tell you some horror stories about SOS, from a professional level, not personal... run very quickly

CMP isnt a bad choice

My Ride
    2007 Nissan Versa

Well, I'm leaning towards CMP... since it's closer than stampede, and I know nothing about SOS other than what I've read here...
    I finally have a day off tomorrow, so I will be making my trip down there for an estimate..

My Ride
    335i

CMP - if their sales staff are any indication of the quality you will receive, you will be happy.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner