Quantcast
Anyone been to Johnny Rockets Carwash? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone been to Johnny Rockets Carwash?

My Ride
    '04 E46 330ci ZHP

Thumbs down Anyone been to Johnny Rockets Carwash?

I went there yesterday to get my car washed cause I had a free wash from there. I was pulling into the bay and realized that it wasn't touchless
    If you have been there you know that you have to fit your tire onto this conveyer belt thing. The guy working there told me to keep going and then all i hear is this scraping underneath my car. The sides of the perimeter are raised and they were scraping the bottom!.....the guy was like "oh....is your car lowered?"....what a dumbass...

I'be been there once for a free wash. However I didn't think you had to drive your own car. When I was there, you just leave your car and they drive it through and wash/dry it for you.

There was a report on the news where they caught a bunch of people stealing from the cars as they went through.

One of my friends used to work there and he said everyone there jacks whatever they can from the cars.

My Ride
    '04 E46 330ci ZHP

oh really? They just told me to drive in....its a good thing i was driving cause they probably would have scraped way more! That place is horrible

My Ride
    A l337 chair

I like the self-serve sprayer places. I find the foamy brushes work amazing.

My Ride
    a wrx.

i usually go to a self wand wash place...but when im not lazy, the best is to do it in the driveway with a sponge..

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

i only go to self sparying/washing place... partly because cleans better i think and way cheaper.. ( 2-3 bucks compare to like 5.99 + gst)

My Ride
    O.P.P.

I'll never take my car(s) to those types of carwashes... I've had friends tell me that the workers go through your shit and take change/cd's/etc., not to mention those ppl driving my car through the wash

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

best bet, get a wash mit and your own soap (not dish soap) and go to a self serve late at night... i used to go to silver dollar on macleod trail (open 24hrs) cost me 2 dollars.. now i do it for free at work
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    2Look slk

I took my car there for my first car wash and it had all these swirly marks on it. After that I never went again.

Plus the fact that my roof leaks when I take it to a drive-thru car wash so I have to use those self-serve car wash bays.

Any of you ever used the California Waterblade? It saves so much time drying the vehicle.

I have one of those blades. They worked good, but make sure the blade is clean before each swipe or a grain of sand/dirt will leave a nasty scratch.

I prefer a normal towel

My Ride
    97 civic si (red)

I don't let anyone in the drivers side, no matter if it is a car wash. Don't trust anyone................. O.K. some people, I guess.

My Ride
    '04 E46 330ci ZHP

The spray wash is the only way to go. I have one of those california water blades....they work pretty good but they are damn expensive!

Ha ha, that place is notorious for stealing anything from your car that isn't tied down!

As for drying products, the Waterblade is nice but the Absorber is better! It's cheaper too, about $15 at Mopac. It's like a chamois but much much better.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Originally posted by ninspeed
    best bet, get a wash mit and your own soap (not dish soap) and go to a self serve late at night... i used to go to silver dollar on macleod trail (open 24hrs) cost me 2 dollars.. now i do it for free at work
    Exactly... Get a Grover Mitt, your own soap, and go to the self serve. That's what I do...
    I go to either the shell self serve, or big bucket at crowfoot.

Never use the "foamy brushes" they have, because there is a good chance the guy before you used it on his wheels, and you will be swirling dirt all over your car....

You have to wash the brush with the hose before you use it. I never do though.

Whats the point of washing your car by hand, at a car-wash place? I could understand the self-serve coin operated ones, but big-bucket? You pay for the time you use right?

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Originally posted by szw

Whats the point of washing your car by hand, at a car-wash place? I could understand the self-serve coin operated ones, but big-bucket? You pay for the time you use right?
    Still only costs me like $3 to wash the car by hand...even at a timed place like big bucket.
    There's an art to it.....and it gets it a hell of a lot cleaner...

I would go to a coin-op..but there are none around here that I know of..
    Last edited by CLiVE; 12-17-2002 at 11:56 PM.

Originally posted by szw

You only pay for the time the wand is spraying. Idle time doesn't cost at all, but don't do it when it's busy or you'll get lynched for bucket washing.

If your car's dirty, spraying it for an hour won't get it as clean as a good hand wash.

i'm pretty sure its a flat rate at big bucket, shell, dealies. Its posted right at the door Xcents/30seconds or whatever. Also when you pay, they don't know what stall you were using. Just the ticket that says when you came in.

I usually wash my car with a couple bucks in the self-timed placess, then drive it home and hand-wash. My hand wash takes me about 1/2-1 hour depending on how cold it is!

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Originally posted by szw
    i'm pretty sure its a flat rate at big bucket, shell, dealies. Its posted right at the door Xcents/30seconds or whatever. Also when you pay, they don't know what stall you were using. Just the ticket that says when you came in.

I usually wash my car with a couple bucks in the self-timed placess, then drive it home and hand-wash. My hand wash takes me about 1/2-1 hour depending on how cold it is!
    It is a flat rate...like $0.40/min or something...

The coin-operated car washes are the only ones I use. For $2, I can soap down my car twice and fill both of these buckets. The lid keeps the water from splashing into my face but I still wear coveralls. Rinse costs $1 so total is only $3.

Small bucket for wheels and tires; big bucket for the rest of the car. Takes about an hour to do the whole car, including drying everything like the insides of the doors, fuel filler door, trunk, and engine.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast