Quantcast
Dumb Ass Selfish Drunks! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumb Ass Selfish Drunks!

My Ride
    Highlander

Default Dumb Ass Selfish Drunks!

[RANT]

I know this topic has been beaten to death and I'm sorry for this rant but how can drunk people be so unbelievably selfish to get into a car after drinking too much and thinking they can drive themselves anywhere! Do they seriously think that they are so invisible that it can't happen to them and only happens to the people in the newspapers?

I got a phone call tonight. A friend called to tell me that a close friend of mine from college was killed last night by a drunk driver while driving home from work. 7:00 PM, she was killed by a fucking drunk!

She was an AMAZING girl. Very quiet, didn't like to party much, had SO much going for her, graduated college with amazing grades, had a great job and a huge support system of a loving family and so many friends, and she was killed at the age of 24 by some fool who cared too damn much about saving 20$ on a cab ride so he could drink MORE alcohol.

I lost one of my best friends when I was 7 to a drunk driver. Now I've lost another friend to this fucking retarded and preventable CRIME.

Add this to all the other reasons why I think drinking is one of the stupidest activites around and it almost makes me feel like jumping on the BAN wagon of alcohol altogether. Absoltely NO good comes from this stupid addictive harmful drug.

I've gone out with several of you to bars and restaurants, house parties ect. and I know I will continue to do this in the future. I sit there and watch so many people get totally plastered. Whatever, do what you gotta do. But if I see or hear anyone even come CLOSE think of hoping into their car after drinking, I will personally remove one of your body parts to stop you from getting into that car and don't you dare laugh at me or tell me that because i'm a petite girl, I couldn't do it. Trust me, I could.

There are SO many ways to get home safely why the hell would ANYONE want to risk making this someone's final night? If you have such a huge death wish, go off yourself somewhere else. Selfishly make your own family suffer. Why do you get to make the choice to take someone so suddenly and tragically from a family who raised their child PROPERLY?

Getting into your car drunk and killing someone because of it should be charged as pre-meditated murder and for the love of God, I hope every drunk driver out there gets what's coming to them because the penalties are NOT stiff enough.

[/RANT]

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

i lost 2 close friends in 2002 when they were hit by a drunk driver who ran a red light.
    and 2 weeks ago i lost a friend who was involved in a single vehicle crash caused him being intoxicated.

take a cab, walk. do whatever you gotta do other than D&D.

My Ride
    MKIII VR6 GTi, 08 Si Coupe

Sorry to hear about your friend. I know how that feels to lose someone to this and it's not a good feeling. I agree, if you are gonna go out and party, TAKE A DAMN CAB. I've heard lots of young people brag about how wasted they were and then had to drive somewhere. IT's all fun and games until something like this happens. Again sorry to hear about your friend.

ive never lost a friend to drinking and driving but thats only cause im young but i pray to god this will never happen to any of my friends whatsoever

My Ride
    V167

well said and thats just another reason that I don't drink. Sorry to hear about your friend, death caused by the irresponsible nature of another person is very sad.

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Its sad to see this still occuring so much. I have zero respect for drunk drivers, even when plastered, i have enough common sense to not enter a car with a driver whose been drinking. I have never come close to drinking and driving (maybe 1 beer during a 3-4hr period) thats it. I cant see how people can barely get into there cars, and manage to get going.

About a month ago, we were out after the bar, and this guy who was pounding shots at the bar, pulled up to this pizza place. He was on a Roid Rage, trying to beat up surrounding younger groups of people. After getting a slurpee, and going out and trying to pick more fights, i called the cops. Shortly after he left, and so did we. About 5 blocks down the road, he was passed out at a green light. I once again called the cops, because this guy was in no way possible to even walk home. CPS got the hint, and a sergant unit pulled up, along with hawc 1 (which was about 30seconds ahead of the unit) and made an arrest. I just couldnt believe what kind of damage he might of caused if he woke up and kept going.

When in doubt, call a friend, call your parents, call a neighbor, anyone. Hell, go up to a cop, and just ask to get tossed in drunk tank, sure its not pretty in there, but better then driving drunk.

edit: and i'm sorry to everyone who has lost someone to a drunk driver, I too lost someone i worked with when they were hit head on by a drunk driver, who ironically I knew, it was a friends father. And this was at around 6pm.
    Last edited by ryder_23; 03-02-2005 at 01:25 AM.

My Ride
    acura integra

sorry to hear about your friend. This kind of thing should not be happening, people should know better than this. No one knows their body and what things drugs do to their body. Even if someone didn't want to spend money on a cab they should have a good friend to take them home atleast. I don't drink and my friends will call me to get them if they need a ride even if its outta my way because i would rather spend a couple bucks to take them home safe than to have them risk not only their life but more important the lives of other people on the streets.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Default Re: Dumb Ass Selfish Drunks!

Originally posted by Melinda
    [RANT]Getting into your car drunk and killing someone because of it should be charged as pre-meditated murder and for the love of God, I hope every drunk driver out there gets what's coming to them because the penalties are NOT stiff enough.
    [/RANT]
    These are 2 very serious real charges in canada that drunk drivers can be charged with....

-Vehicular Homicide

-Homicide by the Intoxicated Use of a Motor Vehicle
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    Highlander

Default Re: Re: Dumb Ass Selfish Drunks!

Originally posted by legendboy

These are 2 very serious real charges in canada that drunk drivers can be charged with....

-Vehicular Homicide

Very few drunk drivers who cause death get the life sentence. I know the guy who killed my 7 year old best friend only got 7 or 8 years in jail and the year after he got out he had his licence suspended for impaired driving yet again.

very, very sad to hear. i'm sorry.

RIP

Default Re: Re: Dumb Ass Selfish Drunks!

Originally posted by legendboy

-Vehicular Homicide

Those are actually american charges. The Canadian Criminal code has:

Impaired Driving,
    Impaired Driving Causing Bodily Harm
    Impaired Driving Causing Death

additionally, there are:

Dangerous Driving
    Dangerous Driving Causing Bodily Harm/Death

and finally

Criminal Negligence Causing Bodily Harm or Death

These can all be applied to driving or drunk driving matters, but are not considered 'culpable homicides' by the legislation or courts.

Sentences usually seem to fall between conditional sentences (house arrest) to 7-9 years, by and large.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Mel...and I do hope, that even ONE person reads this thread, and the others that have been posted and opens their fucking eyes...

I know it will take a long time for this un-needed cycle to end, but we all need to take up arms...watch out for your friends and family at those said house parties, bars, dinner's...if you see someone sloshed, tell them they can't drive home, or to the next bar. Whether you know them or not...take a stand...
    ...@therealarifjina...

Im really sorry to hear that, thats reallly sad. Thank god Ive never lost someone close to me.

Is it dangerous to drive after like 2 beeers? When your just a little tipsy?

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

^^^ how daft are you??...please grow-up, get an education and then come back and answer your own question...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by Carfanman
    Im really sorry to hear that, thats reallly sad. Thank god Ive never lost someone close to me.

Is it dangerous to drive after like 2 beeers? When your just a little tipsy?
    Thank god you aren't old enough to drive yet...

Originally posted by EK 2.0
    ^^^ how daft are you??...please grow-up, get an education and then come back and answer your own question...
    Originally posted by Melinda

Thank god you aren't old enough to drive yet...

Im going to pretend that was a polite yes.

My Ride
    92SiR, 05B5G, 89KA24

no fun in fucking around anymore, people grow up
    cars are my life and losing my liscense would just fuck up my life

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

sorry for the personal attack but carfanman, maybe we would be polite to you if you got some fucking common sense. again, sorry for the attack.

anyways, regardless of how big you are, or how long you've been drinking etc. you have any drinks at all, from 1 to a fucking billion, dont even consider driving. if you want to save money, walk. thats what i do. i went to a celebration party after winning a football championship, and i got drunk. but guess what, i walked, 10+ kilometers in the rain to get home. its good for you anyways, kills off some of the intoxication. oh ya, and if you by some chance get hassled by a cop for public intoxication, simply state that you made the choice to walk home rather than drive your car. im sure he or she would be more than willing to leave you alone.

i'm really sorry about your freinds death, its allways sad to see some one pass on at such a young age....

i was just wondering how many of u actually don't drink and drive.....i personally NEVER have, but just about every single one of my friends that drinks, as a matter of fact every one i know that drinks, is ok with driving afterwards...and i'm not talking stupid teenagers i mean Drs, proffesionals etc after partys......ive read statistics with staggering numbers of people who are ok with drinikining and driving ( i remeber somthing over 80%)

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Originally posted by jaysas_63
    i'm really sorry about your freinds death, its allways sad to see some one pass on at such a young age....

i was just wondering how many of u actually don't drink and drive.....i personally NEVER have, but just about every single one of my friends that drinks, as a matter of fact every one i know that drinks, is ok with driving afterwards...and i'm not talking stupid teenagers i mean Drs, proffesionals etc after partys......ive read statistics with staggering numbers of people who are ok with drinikining and driving ( i remeber somthing over 80%)
    Most people I know that drink have a limit of 1 or 2. Having a glass of wine at dinner isn't a crime.

One of the problems with drinkers is they often don't realise how long it takes to actually get drunk. So you could have 4-5 drinks and feel ok, but you're still getting drunker for the next 30-60 minutes and there's no way to really stop it. So as you're driving home, it gets worse and worse which is where the trouble is.

Know your limits, and don't think it's any sort of macho sign about how many drinks you can have and still "feel fine".

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast