Quantcast
Cookware set - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Cookware set

My Ride
    VE & S13

Default Cookware set

I am not sure where to post this but since its food related i thought i should post this here...

We are looking for a good set of cookware(around 10pc set), somewhere between the price range of $200-350.

Which brand, where to get it, and what to look for?

Thanks in advance.

My Ride
    MDX

Lagostina is pretty good for home use.

My Ride
    VE & S13

Originally posted by jdmakkord
    Lagostina is pretty good for home use.
    where can i get these?

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

Originally posted by Boost Infested

where can i get these?
    Canadian Tire or Costco....

I got my 12 pc. set from Costco and its the "Chef de Hotel" Series for $160 on sale; its $200 regular

Lagostina can be good and bad. They have some really crappy lines and some good ones. Generally the cheaper lines are pretty lousy.

Personally I like Cuisinart or Kitchenaid for a good mid-range set. Keep an eye on flyers from the the Bay. They often have sets for 50-60% off which should put you in the $250 range. My set was $300 and was regularily around $600. It has gone through the dishwasher countless times and all of the pieces still look brand new.

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

Originally posted by sputnik
    Lagostina can be good and bad. They have some really crappy lines and some good ones. Generally the cheaper lines are pretty lousy.

Personally I like Cuisinart or Kitchenaid for a good mid-range set. Keep an eye on flyers from the the Bay. They often have sets for 50-60% off which should put you in the $250 range. My set was $300 and was regularily around $600. It has gone through the dishwasher countless times and all of the pieces still look brand new.
    That is very true about Lagostina! Mine set has also been through the dishwasher numerous times and no scratching or anything major in the 8 months ive owned them, so im happy! Personally, the best pot set ive EVER owned was my "custom set" of pots and pans made by All-Clad but on my way home from Victoria they got lost on the plain and x years later still dont have them. So now, needless to say im happy with my new pot set after going through a few BS ones! Plus for $160 you cant go wrong and it beats the 800+ i spend on my all-clad set!

My Ride
    1999 nike

when u r looking for good quality cokkware look for a good solid handle w/ not very much plastic attached to it and rivitted to the pot , as well a good thick bottom. all those non stick type pots and pans a junk just stay away , get stainless steel.

i baoght a set of twelve pots and pans from xs cargo , the brand was kitte armour or something and i've had then for 3 years and i cook almost every day in them and they hold up well. and they only cost like 100bucks.
    I don't own a car i just rent one on my days off and send the bill to my boss. hahaha

My Ride
    MDX

I heard a radio ad for home outfitters I think. $400 dollar logostina set for $199.

My Ride
    1991 Acura Integra

http://www.paderno.com/index.htm

Wait for their sales to hit our stores in Calgary. They list where the sales are and when on their site.

Hands down some of the best cookware you can buy. They are awesome, and made in Canada.

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Originally posted by danno567
    http://www.paderno.com/index.htm

Wait for their sales to hit our stores in Calgary. They list where the sales are and when on their site.

Hands down some of the best cookware you can buy. They are awesome, and made in Canada.
    pretty good stuff, we cleared those out at superstores a while back at 5 bucks a piece they sold pretty fast too.